Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-30-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
Dysantic
Captain Chaos

Ticket question

So a few days ago I get my final paycheque from a temporay job I was doing over the last little while. I head over to the mall to deposit it and park infrpnt of the scotia at the Erin mills town centre. I literally walk in, make the deposit and then walk out. When I get to my car, lo and behold, there is a $100 ticket under my wiper. While there were 3 other vacant cars along with mine when I got there (I passed all the owners as I walked into the bank) and there are 3 other cars with no one in them and parked in their spots.

It is a city of Mississauga ticket, so it's not some cheap mall cop ticket, although it was probably issued by a mall cop. I'm hoping to get some money taken off by going to the first attendant, but if I choose to go to court in the hopes the guy doesn't show I've heard in the past that I might get charged more if he does show.

If anyone has any experience with this or know anything that would help it would be appreciated.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysantic View Post
If anyone has any experience with this or know anything that would help it would be appreciated.
Don't be lazy next time.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
Dysantic
Captain Chaos

^^ Yeah, thanks... Since I've pretty much been parking like this to make my deposits for the last 6 or more years and have never gotten a ticket I didn't really anticipate someone being enough of a jackass to actually hand one out.

If anyone's got any useful info pertaining to my questions it would be appreciated.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysantic View Post
^^ Yeah, thanks... Since I've pretty much been parking like this to make my deposits for the last 6 or more years and have never gotten a ticket I didn't really anticipate someone being enough of a jackass to actually hand one out.

If anyone's got any useful info pertaining to my questions it would be appreciated.
If you think someone doing their job is being a jackass, then you're just as much as a jackass for parking where you're not supposed to. I don't understand why you're upset, you parked in a no parking/stopping zone or fire route and got a ticket. Consider yourself lucky as you only got the one ticket in the 6+ years of getting away with it.

That said, take it to court and maybe you'll never see a fine or have it reduced... that's pretty much your only option.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:38 PM   #5
PinkieMoscow
Jumped up G'd up.

You win some you lose some, luck expires and tickets ensue. Take it to court and dispute it- if there is reasonable cause to do so.

Last edited by PinkieMoscow; 03-31-2010 at 05:41 PM.
PinkieMoscow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:29 PM   #6
yellowfever
1st Gear Newbie

hey request a trial.... and wait

I requested a trial for mississauga parking ticket back in august.. still have yet to receive a notification.
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: