Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #106
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Jay that chart look better then the one I found
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img004.jpg (180.9 KB, 64 views)
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #107
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

http://www.bimmerfile.com/section/next-gen-1er/

just cause I have read it b4....check this link for some info on the FWD, and 1 series plans.....
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:51 AM   #108
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Jay that chart look better then the one I found
That's a messed up dyno. I've never seen a torque curve look like a sine wave before.
mstearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #109
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstearnsy View Post
You're driving a 1991 318...
So what? He drives a 318. Big deal.

Would I like an M3? Yes. Can I afford one? Yes. Do I need one? no.

Driving a 318 does not make me any less of a BMW fanatic - I know all the models available, I know the internal codes, I know the option packages, I know the company history, I keep anything that has to do with BMW, I go to BMW events, did BMW driver training, you name it.

Driving a 318 does not make me any less of a BMW customer. 3 BMW's. Apart from the 318, there's also an 06 325i and an 09 F650GS.

Driving a 318 does not make me less of a BMW driver. I appreciate the products for what they are. I drive the products as the designers meant for them to be driven. I have tracked and autoxed both the 318 and 325 on multiple occasions. I have taken the GS on trails in Collingwood.

Why did I write all this? I couldn't really care that you don't like my car. I like yours BTW. But I find your prejudice against other BMW fans based on the BMW they drive outright despicable.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:00 PM   #110
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ti Compact View Post
So what? He drives a 318. Big deal.

Would I like an M3? Yes. Can I afford one? Yes. Do I need one? no.

Driving a 318 does not make me any less of a BMW fanatic - I know all the models available, I know the internal codes, I know the option packages, I know the company history, I keep anything that has to do with BMW, I go to BMW events, did BMW driver training, you name it.

Driving a 318 does not make me any less of a BMW customer. 3 BMW's. Apart from the 318, there's also an 06 325i and an 09 F650GS.

Driving a 318 does not make me less of a BMW driver. I appreciate the products for what they are. I drive the products as the designers meant for them to be driven. I have tracked and autoxed both the 318 and 325 on multiple occasions. I have taken the GS on trails in Collingwood.

Why did I write all this? I couldn't really care that you don't like my car. I like yours BTW. But I find your prejudice against other BMW fans based on the BMW they drive outright despicable.
I have nothing against a 1991 318 specifically. I've almost bought a couple e30s with M3 swaps. I should have been less specific. My point was that he was critiquing new vehicle development while not supporting new vehicle sales, a point which I think was established later in the thread. You drive a modern BMW as well, so if you want to critique BMW's product strategy, they'll be more inclined to listen to you. That's all I was saying.
mstearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: