Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #16
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by careless7 View Post
hehe yep I was thinking the same thing, I'm not sure if I'm imaging it but feels like a bit more down-low response and less lag.
More then likely you're not imagining, turbo's love no restrictions. When I went catless DP's and put my car back on the dyno the spool and power increase as low as 1800 rpm was quite amazing.

Quote:
The wheel left the housing almost 8 months ago and I wasn't pissed, this turbo could be over 20 years old. Luckily a clean, clean break almost like with a hacksaw because the alternative is the ceramic wheel exploding and sending tiny shrapnel back into the head and cylinders = total disaster.

wow dude... 8 months of hiding out, I don't think anyone would have really thought it would still be hangin' around for that long lol.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:11 PM   #17
kkeddy
2nd Gear Member

i don't get it, so was this hanging somewhere in your car, and decided to fly out the day you took the car out? glad the 3 wasn't close to you, and ofcourse....didn't fly out in the middle of the 400series!
kkeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:44 PM   #18
mudmojo
2nd Gear Member

Going catless on a turboed car yields much quicker spoolup for sure.

BTW, if you were looking for a Sunoco because you need 94, many original Petro Canadas already carry Ultra 94. Might save you some unnecessary driving.

E39 M5
mudmojo is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: