Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Is the Trillium auto-x changing location?

I've heard some rumours, the auto-x is coming up soon so it'd be nice to know where it's going to be located.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:27 PM   #2
twboy1999
5th Gear Member

from what i was told last week, they are still working on getting the new location
Old 03-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

At this moment we are still working on a few new possible locations.

It seems some places want to charge the club, which is a non profit organization for their parking lots which would cause the entry fee to skyrock, which we don't want.

As soon as we know I am sure John will announce, in the mean time it will be at the previous location, but John has opened the gates wider, and added some faster sections, every event is always a new course so it kept fresh.

If anyone does work somewhere in the GTA or knows of somewhere that would allow us to use their lot, pass it along to John or myself!!!

This is going to be a competive fun season of racing no matter where it is, I know that!!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
MarkD
Banned

I didn't realise this, and was under the impression it was going to be at Downsview for sure. So is that out or is there still some chance of having it there?
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Mark....hard to say, first they said no proplem, then they said we want money...then they say maybe....then they don't return John's phone calls for a few weeks.

So again if anyone has an in for a good location, pass it along.... I am ok with the old location is we have to cause we were able to come up with some fresh fun fast routes last year, all it took was a bit bigger gates to do it.

I am running my new project e36, so looking forward to seeing everyone out!!
Old 03-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #6
325isStephen
6th Gear Member

I want smooth pavement/concrete. As good as the old place is, its wayyy to bumpy.

Either way I will be at everyone if all goes well. kicking all of your ass's
Old 03-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #7
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

the pavement isn't as bad as people think, its better then most large lots I have seen, it may have some waves but its actually pretty smooth, some lots are flat but ruff cut, expansion joints ect. No matter where you go its not going to be perfect, its a matter of making it work and we are luck we have and event like this to do, No other club I know of runs 7 autocrosses a year, let alone at the price we pay!!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #8
325isStephen
6th Gear Member

I know I know, but no one is as low as I am. My car is not a big fan of any bumps at all.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #9
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
No other club I know of runs 7 autocrosses a year, let alone at the price we pay!!!!
The Twin Lake Motor Club ran 9 last season.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
Old 03-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #10
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isStephen View Post
I want smooth pavement/concrete. As good as the old place is, its wayyy to bumpy.

Either way I will be at everyone if all goes well. kicking all of your ass's
That is correct. There is even a spot where the front lip if the car gets scraped on the ground. I don't want to go back for more of that.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:14 PM   #11
325isStephen
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
That is correct. There is even a spot where the front lip if the car gets scraped on the ground. I don't want to go back for more of that.
Glad someone agree's, I know rudy was having problems with his lip dragging a bit and he wasn't all that low.

I will be having enough problems rubbing axle shaft agaisnt frame, don't need more problems like my body hitting the ground.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:17 PM   #12
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Hey, I'm missing all of the fun here, I just got home from a long day out. Unfortunately, Richie is right. I had full confirmation of Downsview up until the first week in Jan, when everything went sour. If I don't have confirmation of Downsview, I'm negotiating with one other very large venue, in the Woodbridge area, if that doesn't pan out either, we will start the season where we left off last year at MDS, and run there until I could find something more adequate. In the meantime, here is an impromtu poll: how far are you guys willing to drive for 8 autocrosses throughout the season, IF THE VENUE IS AWESOME? Like, where Twin Lakes runs theirs? I have an awesome venue, but its useless using it if no one wants to drive 1 hour and 15 minutes from 401 and 400 to get there. Let me know and I'll gauge feedback. Also, as Richie said, if any of you know of a more suitable location, that IS willing to let us use it please PM me.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:46 PM   #13
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
In the meantime, here is an impromtu poll: how far are you guys willing to drive for 8 autocrosses throughout the season, IF THE VENUE IS AWESOME? Like, where Twin Lakes runs theirs? I have an awesome venue, but its useless using it if no one wants to drive 1 hour and 15 minutes from 401 and 400 to get there.
It was just an example, not a solution

I live north of the city so I've always had the option of going 25 minutes south to the BMWCC autox or 20 minutes north to the Twin Lake autox.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:55 PM   #14
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
In the meantime, here is an impromtu poll: how far are you guys willing to drive for 8 autocrosses throughout the season, IF THE VENUE IS AWESOME? Like, where Twin Lakes runs theirs? I have an awesome venue, but its useless using it if no one wants to drive 1 hour and 15 minutes from 401 and 400 to get there. Let me know and I'll gauge feedback. Also, as Richie said, if any of you know of a more suitable location, that IS willing to let us use it please PM me.
Maybe you should set up a real poll for this on the Trillium site. I'm actually looking for something closer than MDS, such as Downsview. I don't want to drive more than 30 minutes to get there from downtown.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #15
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
Maybe you should set up a real poll for this on the Trillium site. I'm actually looking for something closer than MDS, such as Downsview. I don't want to drive more than 30 minutes to get there from downtown.
Pfftt... I don't want to drive more than 30 mins either, but some of us have to. Be lucky it isn't more than that, I have to travel more than double, so quit yer whinin' there buddy

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: