Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #16
carjoe
6th Gear Member

If you were in the East, I'd give you a couple of names...

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #17
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Well, I've seen some of the work they do and it was nothing short of amazing. If you have any circle scratches, etc they will fix that all right up. However, I don't know what has transpired now with the business so I really can't say.

Simply applying some wax to a a clean car properly is at least an hour or more, it takes me many hours. For what they do (strip, polish, buff, wax) I'd expect to pay at least $600. Sounds crazy, but the results are like new paint, from which point you can easily take care of it with generous washing and waxing.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #18
540iM
2nd Gear Member

ok I'll spill the beans... ACCORDING TO WHAT I HEARD..

Andre got evicted because he wasn't paying rent and collection agencies were at his front step every day... (short version)

The person that worked for him (Bayern - Nice guy), seem to have taken over. I believe he did most of the work any way and Andre "managed" the business. Please don't quote me on this as it's not fare to hear one side of the story.

Byern is actually working on my leased car that is due back to the dealership in a week as I write this. I'm now leaning toward having my 540 worked on by him. Bayern came over to my house to see the car and he gave a great quote given that the 540 is the second car I may bring his way and that the car doesn't need much work to begin with....

I'll post some before and after pics and let you guys know of my experience with the "new owner". I might drop it off middle of next week.

Cheers!
540iM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #19
everlast

Interesting.. well, its true you never know the whole story. I like to let the work speak for itself, so post pics of the work they do!

I don't care what happens to people / business most of the time; if they do good work for the estimated price in a timely manner and don't **** up my car, they're good. Otherwise, I simply don't go back.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #20
540iM
2nd Gear Member

I got the leased car back....granted that I told him that the car is going back to the dealership in two weeks, I was still expecting a better job. This is especially given that I could have gotten a much better job for the same price from many other places. There were many spots that were not even touched and I can go on and on... at the end I didn't realy care much given that he did a good job in removing the salt from the carpet and that is all I needed to ensure that I don't get dinged by the inspector next week. I did, however, go to see him this morning to point out what I had noticed after leaving in a hurry when I picked up the car yesterday. He did spend another 5-10 minutes cleaning and appologized saying that he was too busy with other things (haa?).

The only reason I went back is to simply gauge his response given that the BM was supposed to be detailed by him next week. I was not happy with his answers and the execuses.

I'm now thinking no way I'm bringing my car close to that shop especially given the business environment there now! It takes one experience and one impression to bring back a cutomer, to bad he lost me as a repeat.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #21
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

Well that sucks. Andre did good work. He painted my Legend years ago, and even though it took a long time, the paint was ridiculously good ... smoother than any paint I've felt before.

Oh well, hope things work out ... good to know about the current work. I was planning on a full detail in the spring ... might have to do it myfself, or look elsewhere.

i do know there was a guy in the Subaro club that would come to your place an do work ... it was reasonable, and he did awesome work according to the members. I'll see if I can track his info down.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:46 AM   #22
everlast

Yeah, that definitely sucks for sure. Sometimes its the way the cycle of business goes. I for one think its completely unacceptable to hear "we're just so busy" as an excuse for poor work. It's like saying "we've got a lot of people paying us, so we're just going to do 3/4 of the work on each so we can collect all the $". Makes me FURIOUS.

He's lost more than your business; I doubt I'd go there after hearing this.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #23
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
yeah, that definitely sucks for sure. Sometimes its the way the cycle of business goes. I for one think its completely unacceptable to hear "we're just so busy" as an excuse for poor work. It's like saying "we've got a lot of people paying us, so we're just going to do 3/4 of the work on each so we can collect all the $". Makes me furious.

He's lost more than your business; i doubt i'd go there after hearing this.
+1.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #24
msinger
3rd Gear Member

id say its a bad call putting you car in any garage where the collection companies have been anywhere close to, id hate to see the door closed and locked by the collections agency with my car inside....
msinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:27 PM   #25
tchung
3rd Gear Member

Patrick at Fari Detailing do excellent work and he is the only one that worked on my cars/vans. He is at the East end off Innes Road. The Ottawa BMW Club had a tech session there a while ago too.

http://www.fari.ca/
tchung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:16 AM   #26
540iM
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchung View Post
Patrick at Fari Detailing do excellent work and he is the only one that worked on my cars/vans. He is at the East end off Innes Road. The Ottawa BMW Club had a tech session there a while ago too.

http://www.fari.ca/
Thank you tchung...loks promising.

Anyone here heard of this shop?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: