Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
MarkD
Banned

Rahim Jaffer pleads guilty to careless driving

It's interesting how this former MP can get a DUI and cocaine possesion charge dropped....
I guess they dropped the DUI since he shouldn't be drinking, the mullahs would have his head for that or the drug possesion...
So he does 43 km/hr over the limit and only gets a $500 fine.

Interesting info about his unstable wife here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helena_Guergis

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1494775/

Tu Thanh Ha

Orangeville, Ont. — Globe and Mail Update
Published on Tuesday, Mar. 09, 2010 10:42AM EST

Last updated on Tuesday, Mar. 09, 2010 4:44PM EST

.Former Alberta Conservative MP Rahim Jaffer has pleaded guilty to careless driving.

In agreeing to the plea, the Crown withdrew initial charges of possession of cocaine and excessive blood alcohol while driving.

Crown attorney Marie Balogh told the court the initial charges were dropped because there was no reasonable prospect of conviction.

The judge, Mr. Justice Doug Maund said he could read “between the lines” of the evidence presented to him.

“I'm sure you can recognize a break when you see one” the judge told Mr. Jaffer.

The former MP was sentenced to a $500 fine. He had already agreed to make a $500 charitable donation to the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

“I'm sorry. I know this was a serious matter,” Mr. Jaffer said afterward outside the court. “I know I should have been more careful and I took full responsibility for my careless driving.”

His lawyer, Howard Rubel said: “What Mr. Jaffer did was drive without paying attention to how fast he was going.”

The initial drug charge was embarrassing for Mr. Jaffer who had approved campaign ads supporting drug-free schools and getting tough with dealers.

Mr. Jaffer had been intercepted shortly before 1 a.m. on Sept. 10 by the Ontario Provincial Police in the village of Palgrave, 60 kilometres north of Toronto.

Court heard that an OPP officer clocked Mr. Jaffer's driving at 93 kilometres per hour in an area where the speed limit is 50 kilometres per hour.

He was arrested after the officer smelled alcohol and administered a breathalyzer test. The court heard that Mr. Jaffer told the officer he had consumed two beers.

He was initially charged with driving while having more than 80 milligrams in one hundred millilitres of blood, speeding and possession of cocaine.

Ms. Balogh said the new charge was agreed after the prosecution “carefully reviewed” the case.

Once a rising political star, the 38-year-old Mr. Jaffer is married to federal Tory cabinet minister Helena Guergis, the Minister of State for Status of Women

Last edited by MarkD; 03-09-2010 at 05:27 PM.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
The judge, Mr. Justice Doug Maund said he could read “between the lines” of the evidence presented to him.

“I'm sure you can recognize a break when you see one” the judge told Mr. Jaffer.
yeah we can read between the lines too! Open mother ****ing oligarchy/ corruption garbage.
and we sure appreciate this is a break none of us would ever see even 1/100th of in a court of law.

fuk that ex-mp anti-drug get tough on crime, addicted to coke, drunk ass loser!

And fuk Justice Maund... i'd say complain but they've never Fired a judge in canada EVER! fact.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
chromius
6th Gear Member

Unreal. Just goes to show there are two sets of laws for the different classes of society. So sick of this shit.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
Mikeee46coup
6th Gear Member

Complete bullshit, I am infuriated at this nonsense. This province is going down the shiter at break-neck pace.

DPE Wheels, H&R Cupkit, M3 Interior...too many mods to list.
Mikeee46coup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:59 AM   #5
sands
3rd Gear Member

Wow.
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
So angry when I heard this on the radio this morning.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #7
///Maluco
5erholic

sad...so sad...and these are people that our kids are supposed to look up to.

Bimmer Mag......................October 2010.....................Issue No. 93
///Maluco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
325isdan
5th Gear Member

I wonder if you are able to use cases like this as precedence to another case?
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: