Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Detailing & Care
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
"Green"/ eco friendly car wash?

I saw a few green/ eco friendly car wash products just a Canadian Tire. I'm wondering if any one would know how good these type of products are? This is just for personal use.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
Nikku
2nd Gear Member

I have never tried Canadian tire eco friendly washes so I can not really comment on that.

However I have had experience with other rinseless wash products like Optimum No Rinse. I swear by it and so do other professional detailers as well as hobbyist.

Basically the idea with Optimum No Rinse is that you use your basic two bucket wash with grit guards. You have 2-3 ounces of product in each bucket, microfiber towels, sheepskin washmitt or sponge and a spray bottle. You spray the panel down with your sprayer, soak your sheepskin washmitt in the solution then wash away. After you are done washing place the dirty mitt in the dirty bucket, then use your next mitt. After you are finished with the panel simply dry it with your favourite dry media. I would suggest using a microfiber waffleweave drying towel. Once you're done the panel you move onto the next panel and repeat.

*Tip: One panel is addressed at a time.

I have a 32oz and a 128oz available.

Hope this helps. If you have questions about this or other eco friendly products feel free to email or call me.

Cheers,
Nick
Nikku is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: