Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-21-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
House Alarm Systems

Well, I'm not a fan of installing an alarm system however we've just purchased a house and my wife is uneasy about staying home at night without an alarm system (false sense of security according to me) but whatever makes her happy.

Does anyone have any input on this matter? Alarmforce?ADT?Chubb?

Looks like alarmforce is the best bang for the buck...
http://www.alarmforce.com/g-canada.p...FaAO5Qod7kTAnA

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

If possible go for a wired solution. IMHO wireless though clean and easier are not as reliable as a wired system.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post
If possible go for a wired solution. IMHO wireless though clean and easier are not as reliable as a wired system.
Not sure what wired/wireless means.... I read that they are hooked up to the home phone line?

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:00 PM   #4
daytona
6th Gear Member

its means the sensors arent hard wire to the control unit so sometimes you get stray signals that sets off the alarms..hard ware is better but it takes 10x as long to install and the installers sometimes remove the mouldings to snake the wires thru.My buddy installed for alarmforce before he said they use chit equipment that has a high false alarm calls,thats the reason they have "voice check" on the equipment to make sure it isnt a false alarm.Most alarm companies install the basic set up anything more you want they charge for it and most ask you to sign a 2-3 year contract upfront for "free equipment"........
Old 02-21-2010, 11:07 PM   #5
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Yea but with alarm force, you can NEVER get away from them... $25 a month for life. With the other companies (I have voxcom, now protectron) after the 3 year contract, I can go get $9.95 monitoring. Plus you will save about $100 a year on your insurance (at least, I do), which you won't if it's not monitored.

I used these boys for the install.

http://www.newagesecurity.ca/index.html

Normally the "free" install with all these companies gives you the standard. Anything extra is more money. I negiotiated all my extra's free. Extra keypad (one at front door, one at garage entrance to the house) Extra siren (NO ONE will be able to ignore my house!!), extra door/window contacts (normally 3 is included) and a wired system versus wireless.
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: