Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-15-2010, 09:38 PM   #16
MPackage
2004 BMW 330i - ZHP

what year is your 335i?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSignora View Post
Lol.... I'm killing myself at the 'pussy magnet' label attached to my black beast...

But i do understand how everyone else out there with a poorly equipped 'pussy magnet' wants to race. What I love is when dudes roll up on me at a light.. sorry i mean fly up at me at the light... and see i'm a chick. Its great handing their asses to them and see them slink away.

I no where condone street racing. But I have to be honest and admit I have a very heavy Italian lead foot. (My father has a 97 Mustang GT) Over the years of being a passenger in what ever tuned up sports car he had I've seen over and over again, cars that had no business competing, trying to race him.

My pet peeve is the Grand Am/Grand Prix... they are always lurking about thinking they are the fastest thing on the road....

I can't wait for the nice weather, i'm so excited to take my baby to the track.
MPackage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #17
MPackage
2004 BMW 330i - ZHP

Hi there what year is your 335i?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenx15 View Post
first off, i'm a first time bmw owner and i came from a family of honda accords sedan. so as you can see i am a very subtle drive I usually stay at 120-125 km/hr. Also street racing is illegal and unsafe

what is it with the bmw 335i that every single car just wants to race with it. for the first time in my life i had about 4 cars who were trying to race with me. the first one was a buick it tried and i tried i was driving at 125km/h when the buick driver went side by side with me and asked me if i wanted to give my car a test kind of look. i was trying to ignore the driver but he kept on speeding up and slowing down and stayed on my side. so i said i will give is a go. i am only driving an AT with steptronic so i was just doing manual with this guy and i was hitting 160 with no freaking effort! what the heck i barely put any weight on the pedal and i just left the buick. second was the acura that guy was just insane i think he was 200 km/h and i didn't even bother. but the prick with an infinit q45 was dick head. he cuts me off out of nowhere then he went on my side then he cuts me off again. well i was thinking i only live once so i went to steptronic placed it on third gear, then i went way pass him and beat him the traffic light exit of the allen road and he can't even look me straight in the eye when i waited for him in the traffic light.

I don't know what is it with this bimmer. and I was thinking shit it's not even an M3 and thsi car is brining out the demon in me. mind you my car is all stock and no MODS but boy everytime i push that pedal i feel like i'm going to slip through the seat with so much torque and the breakign power is just amazing from 180 km/h to 80 km/h instantaneously.

i don't know if i will drive the beast again i'm just saying it bring out the demon in me.

once again street racing is illegal but boy it was freaking fun!

Chenx
Old 02-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #18
BellaSignora
Green Light Instigator

My 335i is a 2007. Right now she's got just over 80K but i picked her up from Town and Country BMW with a certified series warranty. I paid 40K Cash on a great deal from their Sales Manager Marko... The whole experience was terrific. I don't think i'll ever go anywhere else now, i'm a bimmerchik for life.

BMW lover for Life!
BellaSignora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:42 AM   #19
chenx15
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPackage View Post
Hi there what year is your 335i?
hello. mine is 2009 just picked it up last month. end of year promo from parkview
chenx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #20
MPackage
2004 BMW 330i - ZHP

hey thanks guys I am in the market for a 335i and just getting feedback on these cars the one I am looking at is a 2007 335i with sports package and paddle shifters...it comes with 3-4 years BMW warranty..is there anything I should look out for the car has 52KM and the dealer is asking $33,000 plus taxes. This is a one owner car...the car is black on black steptronic/automatic, no Navi.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #21
chenx15
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
hey thanks guys I am in the market for a 335i and just getting feedback on these cars the one I am looking at is a 2007 335i with sports package and paddle shifters...
you can't go wrong with the 335i. make sure you check the HPFP history
Old 02-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #22
MPackage
2004 BMW 330i - ZHP

Im sorry Im kinda of new to this what is a HPFP? Is that like carfax or the history of the car..The dealer told me its a canadian 335i with one owner..is the price reasonable?

Quote:
you can't go wrong with the 335i. make sure you check the HPFP history
Old 02-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #23
chenx15
1st Gear Newbie

You will also love this car the most on corners it's almost defying the laws of physics. it's just awesome the way it slingshots from a tight corner going to a straight line. merging in the hwy is the most fun!!! My friend made the best comment about my 335i when we were driving by saying. Wow! you can hear and feel the cars power just waiting to explode. Even as a passenger he said he can feel that the car is asking to be pushed more and that driving at 130 km/h is like asking Usain bolt join a walkathon instead. power gets addictive though. paddle shifters are ok. you'll end up using the steptronic anyway in traffic lights.

also pretty awesome is when coming from a stop sign and merging into traffic or just crossing a four lane street.

Just pure amazing
Old 02-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #24
e30blue
2nd Gear Member

man I dont know what it is, majourity of the time I do see a 335 the owners/drivers are always giving it the beans, and id just think its the owners... but now i think its the car that transforms the owner
e30blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #25
chenx15
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Im sorry Im kinda of new to this what is a HPFP? Is that like carfax or the history of the car..The dealer told me its a canadian 335i with one owner..is the price reasonable?
The High Pressure fuel pump is one of the main weakness of the car. This is one thing you have to anticipate with the 335i sadly no matter how amazing it is. it has this one weakness. there is a new version enging coming out and it's called N55 the current one is N54. anyway the symptoms are limp mode and lost of power. but it seems more prevalent in US compared to Canada and Europe but it still happens.

as for the price we need to know how many Kilometers.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:53 AM   #26
chenx15
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30blue View Post
man I dont know what it is, majourity of the time I do see a 335 the owners/drivers are always giving it the beans, and id just think its the owners... but now i think its the car that transforms the owner
When i was driving my accord in the hwy i stayed at 115 to 125 the most and i was thinking to myself keep it safe and keep it neutral we will still get there. now that i have the 335i i'm always thinking i'm wondering if i can push it harder and if there are any cops around. and boy i keep looking for those sharp merging corners in the highway because before with my accord i always go past the white guiding lines. with my bimmer i always edge the line and stay with it on top speed. i will go to the track and enjoy more in a more controled environment.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #27
MPackage
2004 BMW 330i - ZHP

It's a 2007 335i black black has 52,000km on it with one owner. The High Pressure fuel pump cant it be replaced by BMW under warranty?

Quote:
The High Pressure fuel pump is one of the main weakness of the car. This is one thing you have to anticipate with the 335i sadly no matter how amazing it is. it has this one weakness. there is a new version enging coming out and it's called N55 the current one is N54. anyway the symptoms are limp mode and lost of power. but it seems more prevalent in US compared to Canada and Europe but it still happens.

as for the price we need to know how many Kilometers.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:04 AM   #28
chenx15
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
It's a 2007 335i black black has 52,000km on it with one owner. The High Pressure fuel pump cant it be replaced by BMW under warranty?
Yes it will be replaced under warranty. Just want to give you a heads up. 52,000 km is kind of high. how much is he offering you for it? make sure the CPO warranty covers the pump. you know there is a 335d that has more torque and some people claim has no HPFP issue.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #29
MPackage
2004 BMW 330i - ZHP

CPO stands for? See thats the thing I can not find a 335i with less KM if I do I do not want to pay $40 or more for it. Plus the previous owner babied his 335i from what I can see. HPFP issue is that with all year and makes of 335i? Another thing do all 335i come witha Twin Tubro engine?

Quote:
Yes it will be replaced under warranty. Just want to give you a heads up. 52,000 km is kind of high. how much is he offering you for it? make sure the CPO warranty covers the pump. you know there is a 335d that has more torque and some people claim has no HPFP issue.

Last edited by MPackage; 02-16-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #30
chenx15
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
CPO stands for? See thats the thing I can not find a 335i with less KM if I do I do not want to pay $40 or more for it. Plus the previous owner babied his 335i from what I can see. HPFP issue is that with all year and makes of 335i?
CPO =certified preowned since you are getting it from a dealer chances are it will be there iwll be extra coverage basically. hpfp affects every year model.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: