Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-15-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
chenx15
1st Gear Newbie

What is it with a 335i?

first off, i'm a first time bmw owner and i came from a family of honda accords sedan. so as you can see i am a very subtle drive I usually stay at 120-125 km/hr. Also street racing is illegal and unsafe

what is it with the bmw 335i that every single car just wants to race with it. for the first time in my life i had about 4 cars who were trying to race with me. the first one was a buick it tried and i tried i was driving at 125km/h when the buick driver went side by side with me and asked me if i wanted to give my car a test kind of look. i was trying to ignore the driver but he kept on speeding up and slowing down and stayed on my side. so i said i will give is a go. i am only driving an AT with steptronic so i was just doing manual with this guy and i was hitting 160 with no freaking effort! what the heck i barely put any weight on the pedal and i just left the buick. second was the acura that guy was just insane i think he was 200 km/h and i didn't even bother. but the prick with an infinit q45 was dick head. he cuts me off out of nowhere then he went on my side then he cuts me off again. well i was thinking i only live once so i went to steptronic placed it on third gear, then i went way pass him and beat him the traffic light exit of the allen road and he can't even look me straight in the eye when i waited for him in the traffic light.

I don't know what is it with this bimmer. and I was thinking shit it's not even an M3 and thsi car is brining out the demon in me. mind you my car is all stock and no MODS but boy everytime i push that pedal i feel like i'm going to slip through the seat with so much torque and the breakign power is just amazing from 180 km/h to 80 km/h instantaneously.

i don't know if i will drive the beast again i'm just saying it bring out the demon in me.

once again street racing is illegal but boy it was freaking fun!

Chenx
chenx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #2
e30blue
2nd Gear Member

you drive a pussy magnet, other non pussy magnets get jealous. but these non pussy magnets still want to show their ability to a large lion so they too can be in the sub group of the large lions.

what I can prescribe next time,

at a light with a ass hat, and they egg you on. tell them very polietly "Hey DICK HEAD!! 300HP I DONT EVEN WANT TO WASTE MY TIME WITH YOUR CRAP INFINITI" then proceed to blow his doors off. so your victim will then go home to his wife sad, and you go home with testosterone bulging down your veins and need a female release.

but if you so happen to get spanked by, WRX STI, EVO 10, S52 turbo E30, HPF M3 many more.

your no longer a lion but a shaved sheep.

"welcome to the jungle"
e30blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
Kickstartt
1st Gear Newbie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30blue View Post
you drive a pussy magnet, other non pussy magnets get jealous. but these non pussy magnets still want to show their ability to a large lion so they too can be in the sub group of the large lions.

at a light with a ass hat, and they egg you on. tell them very polietly "Hey DICK HEAD!! 300HP I DONT EVEN WANT TO WASTE MY TIME WITH YOUR CRAP INFINITI" then proceed to blow his doors off. so your victim will then go home to his wife sad, and you go home with testosterone bulging down your veins and need a female release.

but if you so happen to get spanked by, WRX STI, EVO 10, S52 turbo E30, HPF M3 many more.

"welcome to the jungle"
lol
Kickstartt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
hhahahaa

How about "clitoris magnet" hehehe
lvan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
chenx15
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30blue View Post

"welcome to the jungle"
Nice reply! i was actually thinking imagine if i had an M3 people will just try to get pass me all the time. it's just amazing how effortless it is for a 335i to jump an extra 60km/h. i think i'm going up to an M3 next time. then again i really want to avoid this. too crazy for me. but absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
dbworld4k
Addict

The 335s are deceptively quick! There have been countless occasions where I'm driving and *think* I'm doing a smooth 120km/h, only to look down at the cluster and see readings in excess of 140. These cars are so quiet and smooth at high speed that the sensation of speed is pretty much numb. Damn it, I need boost

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
BellaSignora
Green Light Instigator

Lol.... I'm killing myself at the 'pussy magnet' label attached to my black beast...

But i do understand how everyone else out there with a poorly equipped 'pussy magnet' wants to race. What I love is when dudes roll up on me at a light.. sorry i mean fly up at me at the light... and see i'm a chick. Its great handing their asses to them and see them slink away.

I no where condone street racing. But I have to be honest and admit I have a very heavy Italian lead foot. (My father has a 97 Mustang GT) Over the years of being a passenger in what ever tuned up sports car he had I've seen over and over again, cars that had no business competing, trying to race him.

My pet peeve is the Grand Am/Grand Prix... they are always lurking about thinking they are the fastest thing on the road....

I can't wait for the nice weather, i'm so excited to take my baby to the track.

BMW lover for Life!
BellaSignora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #8
Ceeker
Parts hoarding partner...

I test drove a few 335's at the privilege of my bmw tech buddy who was PDI'ing the cars.
I got the paddle shift version. We took off the traction control for some donuts and had a bit of fun trying not to get carried away. The acceleration was creepy. It sneaks up on you an before you know it - like said above- you're doing 160km. A twin turbo says it all. anyone who goes up against a 335i or M is sure to lose unless it is something exotic or modified. their macho ego's just can't bare the idea you have it and they simply can't afford one. They are jealous and envious you have a clit magnet. lol

I think I've had 14 bmw's in 4 years.
2 IX's -sold and parts
2 325i 4 dr - sold
4 318is all white - sold and parts
1 87 325is red - parts
1 89 325i vert grey - parts
1 90 325is white - keepin
1 87 325i vert -red - keepin
latest addition 1 88-325is red - parts
latest addition 1 89-325i vert - white -fixin/sold
latest addition 1 92-318i vert - blue - parts
latest addition 1 87 325is blk - parts.

latest addition as of 2013-Gold 87-325is auto! it's a keeper!
Ceeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #9
chenx15
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
The 335s are deceptively quick! There have been countless occasions where I'm driving and *think* I'm doing a smooth 120km/h, only to look down at the cluster and see readings in excess of 140. These cars are so quiet and smooth at high speed that the sensation of speed is pretty much numb. Damn it, I need boost
you are absolutely correct my friend. the main problem with this beast is that my neck gets sore because i'm always looking at the speedometer just to make sure i'm not over 140. i check my speed more than my mirrors. damn you BMW what have you done to me??? also it was a two hours drive and when i got out it felt like i just got up from a good night sleep. those twin turbos when they kick in just pure awesome!
Old 02-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #10
chenx15
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSignora View Post
Lol.... I'm killing myself at the 'pussy magnet' label attached to my black beast...

But i do understand how everyone else out there with a poorly equipped 'pussy magnet' wants to race. What I love is when dudes roll up on me at a light.. sorry i mean fly up at me at the light... and see i'm a chick. Its great handing their asses to them and see them slink away.

I no where condone street racing. But I have to be honest and admit I have a very heavy Italian lead foot. (My father has a 97 Mustang GT) Over the years of being a passenger in what ever tuned up sports car he had I've seen over and over again, cars that had no business competing, trying to race him.

My pet peeve is the Grand Am/Grand Prix... they are always lurking about thinking they are the fastest thing on the road....

i've never been to a track before. would you mind telling me where is a good track to put my car to the limit. also i'm thinking of getting those Bmw driving lessons. i think they will be awesome
Old 02-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #11
chenx15
1st Gear Newbie

I'm actually excited to see an S4 and give it a true test. because when i was looking for a german luxury sports car i was torn between the two. but the world car/engine of the year is very hard to resist
Old 02-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #12
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
I no where condone street racing. But I have to be honest and admit I have a very heavy Italian lead foot.

Don't you mean very heavy Italian concrete shoes
It's always good to give your car an Italian work out. I do it every time I drive my car, and not just because I'm Italian, because it's good for the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenx15 View Post
i've never been to a track before. would you mind telling me where is a good track to put my car to the limit. also i'm thinking of getting those Bmw driving lessons. i think they will be awesome
Cayuga: http://www.torontomotorsportspark.co...x.html?p=flash
Mosport: http://www.mosport.com/home/home.asp

Keep an eye out on the track junkies section of the forum. Information will be posted there on track days and driving schools.

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 02-15-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:49 PM   #13
Ceeker
Parts hoarding partner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenx15 View Post
Nice reply! i was actually thinking imagine if i had an M3 people will just try to get pass me all the time. it's just amazing how effortless it is for a 335i to jump an extra 60km/h. i think i'm going up to an M3 next time. then again i really want to avoid this. too crazy for me. but absolute power corrupts absolutely.
you can even go online and download a software update for about 2g's and pump your hp to well over 400 ponies. :-) don't ask me as I don't know where or how to acquire this. My bmw tech peeps told me about it. bit cheaper then buying an M car.

I think I've had 14 bmw's in 4 years.
2 IX's -sold and parts
2 325i 4 dr - sold
4 318is all white - sold and parts
1 87 325is red - parts
1 89 325i vert grey - parts
1 90 325is white - keepin
1 87 325i vert -red - keepin
latest addition 1 88-325is red - parts
latest addition 1 89-325i vert - white -fixin/sold
latest addition 1 92-318i vert - blue - parts
latest addition 1 87 325is blk - parts.

latest addition as of 2013-Gold 87-325is auto! it's a keeper!
Ceeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #14
BellaSignora
Green Light Instigator

For $2000 there is alot of things that cAn be done to boost hp, the cheapest I believe being a cold air intake kit. The best advice i got when I bought my beast was to get used to what she could do and how she drives before tuning it. So far it's been incredible, I love the way she feels in d/s on the highway, creepy is not the word for how easily I can accelerate from 140 to 180 without even pushin hard. It's simply the best thing I've driven, and I spent the summer test driving every top luxury car, from Audi to Mercedes, nothing comes close to how the 335i feels or performs. She's worth every penny I spent on her. I used to think of getting an m3 but after learning that a tuned and dyno'ed 335 can get more hp why pay an extra 30 grand?

Look under the track sections as I'm still a newbie and am still new to the track stuff.

BMW lover for Life!
BellaSignora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #15
dbworld4k
Addict

I love Cayuga. Been there a few times last summer. It's a very safe track (except the last corner/straight which has a concrete wall running along-side) with plenty of run-off room should you decide to challenge the laws of physics I find it is quite testy on your brakes/tires though with all the tight corners...
Quote:
My pet peeve is the Grand Am/Grand Prix... they are always lurking about thinking they are the fastest thing on the road..
YES! I cannot count how many times those stupid ass cars have tried to get things going with me, too. Especially the two-door versions with dual/quad exhausts. Drives me insane.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black

Last edited by dbworld4k; 02-15-2010 at 04:09 PM.
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: