Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
W2WDETAILING
Banned

Toronto police cruiser hits female pedestrian in East york

Feb 2, 2010 ---A female pedestrian is suffering injuries that aren't believed to be life-threatening after being struck by a Toronto police vehicle on Tuesday evening.

The collision occurred at about 10 p.m. just outside the Toronto East General Hospital, near Coxwell and Mortimer Avenues.

Coxwell Avenue is closed between Mortimer Avenue and Sammon Avenue while police investigate.

Traffic Services tells CP24 that the Special Investigations Unit may be called in to investigate the crash if the woman is found to have any broken bones.

during the police blitz ohh the irony.. luckly the lady sounds like she is fine also a good thing the accident happened right outside of the hospital . coxwell ave between salmon ave and Mortimer ave is still closed. i bet they are going to rub it off by saying well you were j walking ect. lets see how they rule it.

news just reported that she infact wasnt crossing at the lights and it was an un marked cruiser.

Last edited by W2WDETAILING; 02-02-2010 at 11:09 PM.
W2WDETAILING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:27 AM   #2
maroli
6th Gear Member

ahaha, I live right here, on coxwell and danforth. Coxwell and Mortimer is less than 5 minutes away....I can attest to people randomly crossing the streets here. There are some wackjobs, lemme tell ya....
Old 02-03-2010, 01:09 AM   #3
W2WDETAILING
Banned

cool im 1 block north of mortimer same street where that hydro substation blew up by the civic center last winter

Last edited by W2WDETAILING; 02-03-2010 at 01:14 AM.
W2WDETAILING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

she got had~! hopefully she's all good

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
sirex
King Sirex

The blitz is to stop pedestrians j-walking, not motorists driving their cars.... If anything - and since she was j-walking - you realize the implications this has??

This adds FUEL To the police fire crack down..

Woopdidoo..

I say, if youre stupid enough to j-walk and get hit, you deserve what you get. You took the risk when you j-walked. Im not saying motorists should SPEED up to hit you, but at the same time, you should look both ways.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #6
///Maluco
5erholic

First off, let's hope she'll be okay.

Yesterday night I couldn't believe my eyes when a senior saw me approaching and she gunned it (with walking stick and all) across the street in front of me as I was approaching a stop sign. WTF, she must have a death wish. There was a light dusting of snow on the ground too. I obviously slowed down, but I admit that she was tough to spot.
She gave me a little smile when I passed her and I gave her a thumbs up for making it across the street without getting run over.
I kid you not, the stop sign was less than 50ft away. Some people just don't think.

Bimmer Mag......................October 2010.....................Issue No. 93
///Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #7
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Maluco View Post
First off, let's hope she'll be okay.

Yesterday night I couldn't believe my eyes when a senior saw me approaching and she gunned it (with walking stick and all) across the street in front of me as I was approaching a stop sign. WTF, she must have a death wish. There was a light dusting of snow on the ground too. I obviously slowed down, but I admit that she was tough to spot.
She gave me a little smile when I passed her and I gave her a thumbs up for making it across the street without getting run over.
I kid you not, the stop sign was less than 50ft away. Some people just don't think.
I believe those actions are just showing that the seniors are trying to spice up their daily lives, my 88yr old grandma was insane when comes to walking, last time I went home she was taking me out to "show me her hood" so she said, then using her cane to stop cars in the middle of the roads so she can make it cross, I asked her "why grandma? why you gotta do this and make me worry?", she simply replies "I'm 87, I don't need to be careful, I eat spicy and salty, I wanna live my life before I go see your stinky ass grandpa in hell!"

I shook my head and just followed her.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: