Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 7 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
Pongs318
3rd Gear Member

02 745 i

anybody know how to reset oil on 02 745i thanks
Pongs318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
Mikey83
3rd Gear Member

I have the steps somewhere, ill post it when i find it since I do it for when I do my oil changes,brakes etc.

2003 745Li Titanium Sliver Metallic w/ Black Interior
PDC, ACC, Cold Weather Package, Convenience Package, Sunshades, Comfort Seats, Logic 7 Sound Package.
21" OEM Style 128, Angel iBright V3 w/ Matching Fogs, H&R Springs, BTUM8000, LED Side/Front Markers, White Bulb Interior/License Plate,
Stealth Bulb Signals, 15mm Rear Spacers, ACS Style Roof and Trunk Spoilers, Debadged
Mikey83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
Mikey83
3rd Gear Member

ok here ya go

Procedure

Switch position II without starting the engine.

Press and hold cluster kms reset button for approximately 10 - 15 seconds.

some text will show up, but keep holding till you see the second set of options starting with "Return".

Now press briefly and jump to the service interval that you wish to reset (you may have to press it several times till you reach the service to be reset i.e., Coolant or Microfilter etc).

Once you have chosen the indicator to be reset, press and hold till you see two options in next cluster (RPM dial)

Now once you have selected RESET, press and hold till you see the message that it has been reset.

PDC, ACC, Cold Weather Package, Convenience Package, Sunshades, Comfort Seats, Logic 7 Sound Package.
21" OEM Style 128, Angel iBright V3 w/ Matching Fogs, H&R Springs, BTUM8000, LED Side/Front Markers, White Bulb Interior/License Plate,
Stealth Bulb Signals, 15mm Rear Spacers, ACS Style Roof and Trunk Spoilers, Debadged
Old 01-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #4
Pongs318
3rd Gear Member

thanks will try that,thanks again
Old 01-31-2010, 08:56 PM   #5
Pongs318
3rd Gear Member

sorry it's an 03 745i it's push botton so you cant turn the key
Old 02-01-2010, 12:14 AM   #6
europrince
6th Gear Member

If you want to play shooter driving a 7 series, you have money to take it to the dealer
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:05 AM   #7
Mikey83
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongs318 View Post
sorry it's an 03 745i it's push botton so you cant turn the key
Dude , i have an 03 and yes you put the key and and press the start button 2 times to get it to position 2 without holding down the brake pedal.
If ya are having problems take it in to the stealership.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #8
BMW325BMW
Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince View Post
If you want to play shooter driving a 7 series, you have money to take it to the dealer
Probably not a matter of money. More the time. I'd rather spend 2 minutes doing something myself than waiting hours for some overpriced mechanic to press a couple buttons. I don't know about you but my time is worth money. Nice try though. Good to see senior members on this site offering worthwhile advice
BMW325BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #9
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW325BMW View Post
Probably not a matter of money. More the time. I'd rather spend 2 minutes doing something myself than waiting hours for some overpriced mechanic to press a couple buttons. I don't know about you but my time is worth money. Nice try though. Good to see senior members on this site offering worthwhile advice
I apologize if you didn't find my comment fruitful. No 5 or 7 series owner I know changes his own oil. He doesn't have time for it. When I first got my 540, I had a good relationship with a dealership service advisor who reset my computer for free...in less than 5 minutes. RMP will have you in and out of an oil change within half an hour. Oil Changers gets you in and out within 5-10 minutes, and I believe they reset computers as well. I don't know for a fact, as I started going there after I sold the 540. That's a lot faster than going to whatever store shop at for oil and filters, bring it home, lift your car and do the change yourself...then try to figure out how to reset the computer. You're exactly right. Time is more valuable than money
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #10
Oyster
4th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Oyster
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince View Post
I apologize if you didn't find my comment fruitful. No 5 or 7 series owner I know changes his own oil. He doesn't have time for it. When I first got my 540, I had a good relationship with a dealership service advisor who reset my computer for free...in less than 5 minutes. RMP will have you in and out of an oil change within half an hour. Oil Changers gets you in and out within 5-10 minutes, and I believe they reset computers as well. I don't know for a fact, as I started going there after I sold the 540. That's a lot faster than going to whatever store shop at for oil and filters, bring it home, lift your car and do the change yourself...then try to figure out how to reset the computer. You're exactly right. Time is more valuable than money
I do my oil change for convenience, I have the extrator where I pump the oil out and since the oil filter is on top, no need to jack it up.

If my car is in for repair work (i.e: suspension part or electronic issues) then I ask them to do oil change, etc while car is there
Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #11
Mikey83
3rd Gear Member

Well guys I do everything myself, lowered my 7, own oil changes, brakes, subwoofer upgrades etc. Click my name and look up my posts with pictures, I luv doing it all myself since Budds was useless in a few things that I asked from them when my car was still under warranty.

If you want it done right and you know how to do it, do it yourself.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: