Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Drivetrain, Engines & Transmissions
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-29-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
M3 Synergy
1st Gear Newbie

E46 M3 diff for sale

Up for sale I have a diff from a 2005 M3.
Best Reasonable offer takes it as it's sitting in my garage with no use to me right now. It's in mint condition and I can meet up within reason in the gta. Feel free to see it before purchasing. This diff is spotless!
Thanks for looking!
M3 Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
Incubated
1st Gear Newbie

i don't suppose this would fit a 97 328i
Incubated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Would you know if it will be a straight swap with an '06 330 diff with the ZHP option? Is there a gearing diff between the two?

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #4
M3 Synergy
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post
Would you know if it will be a straight swap with an '06 330 diff with the ZHP option? Is there a gearing diff between the two?

if im not mistaken i think you have 3.07 gear in that car and the M3 diff is 3.62, so yes the gear ratio is different which will yeild faster acceleration and better bottom end, but youll rev through your gears faster. dont quote me 100% though as ill have to do a bit more research on it for you but im pretty sure the ratios are different. better for racing but revs higher on the highway.

maybe someone else could chime in on this if they know a bit more on it.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:10 PM   #5
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

let me make it more specific, mine is a convertible.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #6
M3 Synergy
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubated View Post
i don't suppose this would fit a 97 328i
no i dont think itll fit, youll be much better off with an e36 M3 diff anyway, there direct bolt on and a couple hundred bucks cheaper. you can get one for 400-450. if your looking for good acceleration for straight line get a diff from an auto M3 and itll have some crazy bottom end response, but i wouldnt recommend it for daily driving, on the hwy youll be revving really high, happy median would be 5spd diff from 96-99 M3 for you.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #7
M3 Synergy
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
let me make it more specific, mine is a convertible.

ok i looked it up some more for you and from the looks of it youll pretty much need to swap out the whole rear subframe of an m3 to make it fit your car, there are a couple of other guys inquiring about it on other forums and thats the response they got...from the looks of it youll need to custom build a unit with lsd for it to fit nicely with your setup.
again if anyone else can chime in on this it would be greatly appreciated. ill keep looking up some info for you in the meantime.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:27 AM   #8
E46er
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Synergy View Post
ok i looked it up some more for you and from the looks of it youll pretty much need to swap out the whole rear subframe of an m3 to make it fit your car, there are a couple of other guys inquiring about it on other forums and thats the response they got...from the looks of it youll need to custom build a unit with lsd for it to fit nicely with your setup.
again if anyone else can chime in on this it would be greatly appreciated. ill keep looking up some info for you in the meantime.
It will only fit e46 M's.

2005 Sparkling Graphite E46CI
E46er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:55 PM   #9
Incubated
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Synergy View Post
no i dont think itll fit, youll be much better off with an e36 M3 diff anyway, there direct bolt on and a couple hundred bucks cheaper. you can get one for 400-450. if your looking for good acceleration for straight line get a diff from an auto M3 and itll have some crazy bottom end response, but i wouldnt recommend it for daily driving, on the hwy youll be revving really high, happy median would be 5spd diff from 96-99 M3 for you.
thanks a lot
Incubated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:48 AM   #10
blacke36
3rd Gear Member

Any idea for a price on this?! incase someone wants to take the chance and give it a whorl
blacke36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:53 PM   #11
Blocked Out
1st Gear Newbie

How much you asking, because I dont want to lowball you?
PMd you as well/

And , no its not a straight bolt in for those who are asking.
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:42 AM   #12
M3 Synergy
1st Gear Newbie

hey guys sorry for the late reply ive been working lke crazy, i pmed the guys back interested...
as far as pricing ive seen them go for 700+ around other forums and stuff so i was thinking 600 obo.
ill double check to see if its reasonable, i used to sell diffs for the E36 M3's and they were 400-450 each. so from what i saw posted elsewhere i figure 600 is reasonable, ive only sold one E46 M3 diff before and it was for 700 dollars, this was last year so im not too sure how prices have changed.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #13
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
If you check your gearing calculator I think it shifts your whole rpm band up about 250-500rpms...I can't remember; it did when I compared it to my 2.93.

Either way, if you do the conversion to the 3.62 M3 diff, I personally think it's a bit on the high side, considering your car does not rev as high as the e46 m3, you're definitely sacrificing some speed in each gear cause your car revs lower.

Not trying to knock this thread, but just from what I've researched when i was looking to do this swap.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #14
M3 Synergy
1st Gear Newbie

your not knocking it at all, you provided information that can be useful to potential buyers that might have a question in regards to fitment, i want to sell this diff to someone that will be able to use it and not pawn it off for someone to realize its not for them. so thanks for the info on it, this thread will direct buyers in the right direction when its read.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #15
M3 Synergy
1st Gear Newbie

Price drop guys. 500 dollars. I need this gone asap.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: