Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Classics
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #76
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Those rims are silly...

...in a good way
Ha, I wish. Mounting tires on those rims on our machine was a bitch. I'm def takin' em to a tire shop once I get a good set of rubber to install.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #77
///Maluco
5erholic

That paint won't last too long. I did the same on my Bavarian manifolds and it didn't too long. The NOS stahl headers I had ceramic coated on the other hand are a different story...but mucho $$$

Keep the pics and updates coming. it's looking awesome....even with those silly rimzzzz

Bimmer Mag......................October 2010.....................Issue No. 93
///Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:21 PM   #78
craz azn
6th Gear Member

mmm... clean turbulatorz

That's all for this week folks!

Old 01-22-2010, 12:15 AM   #79
///Maluco
5erholic

daaayyyeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmm

Bimmer Mag......................October 2010.....................Issue No. 93
///Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #80
73 Tii
DSC off

Dude that's a big snail for sure.

I jet coated by header and it the coating has stayed put. Only problem I have is a few rust spots near the tranny bracket

70 2002 M2 2.5L
01 Dinan S3R
13 Mini Cooper S JCW
73 Tii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:59 PM   #81
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

These pictures of the wheels DO NOT do them justice. In person they look even better. Drooling...............!

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:50 AM   #82
DEZIAC
2nd Gear Member

Is that an old m10 Callaway?

Looks like one I picked up for free in Virginia. I think I got everything except the exhaust down pipe.
[IMG]AiResearch t04 turbo[/IMG]
[IMG]free parts[/IMG]
Anyways, just thought I'd share, look forward to your progress.
DEZIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:40 PM   #83
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Haha nice score! Yes sir, it's an old Callaway system, but I only have the manifold and turbo, none of the other bits. It's fine, because I plan on running a FMIC anyways, and the original setup wasn't designed that way with the charge pipes running across the top of the engine bay. Oh yeah, I've also got a 2.5 inch downpipe for mine, but I want to make a new one in 3". Are you planning to install yours?

Old 01-30-2010, 12:54 PM   #84
DEZIAC
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
Haha nice score! Yes sir, it's an old Callaway system, but I only have the manifold and turbo, none of the other bits. It's fine, because I plan on running a FMIC anyways, and the original setup wasn't designed that way with the charge pipes running across the top of the engine bay. Oh yeah, I've also got a 2.5 inch downpipe for mine, but I want to make a new one in 3". Are you planning to install yours?
Ya I'm planning on installing mine in the spring/summer, but unsure if I want it in my e21. I've been yearning for an 2002 for some time now, but will see come spring though. The problem is that I have a slight hairline crack on the exhaust manifold. I want to do a FMIC also, although the setup does look good w/ the earlier intake manifold. But performance would be alot better w/ some upgrades

BTW will you be selling the down pipe after you fab up your 3"? Let me know if you plan on letting it go.

DEZIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:19 PM   #85
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Thanks for posting that pic... Never really saw a complete kit installed before. I don't plan on using CIS injection though. I found an old Haltech system I will use (can't argue with free right!?!) and will put that on my M10 once I get it running with the stock Jetronic, just to see that this motor even runs. After the I think 6 or 7 years I've had this 2002, I've never heard it run LOL. I do agree with the older intake mani, looks much more correct, a lot closer to the original 02 Turbo than the e30 318 intake. I'll definitely keep you posted on that downpipe. I just need it for fitment for the time being.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #86
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Err... I almost forgot I have this car!

Finally I decided to get off my lazy ass today and get crackin'. I want this car running in 2 weeks (no reason, just thought I should set up a goal). I picked up a flywheel for it last week, so that kick started my desire to finish this hog.

I pulled the motor out from under the shelf this morning. Yes, I know, I need a prettier alternator... On the to-do list, but priority is run run runnn.

Here is my Turbo drain I had referred to earlier. It is drilled it at the back of the block, as per the instructions on the Callaway install manual. I found that as a better solution, because I didn't like having the drain in the pan... What if I need to take it off? One more thing to take off, and I'm damn lazy.

Here's the drains' plug, since I want to run the car NAed first just to make sure everything (motor) is copacetic.

Next thing was a new pilot bearing since the 2002 was actually an Automatic in it's first life. Next went the flywheel... and finally my old infamous solid disc Race Clutch I had on my E30 a few years back. I street drove that thing for 40k before I decided I'd had enough. Life expectancy on that sucker wasn't long, its already half worn, and I never even abused it, not once! Maybe it was from all the stalling it had to take from some maX members who couldn't drive it *cough*Mystikal*cough haha j/k bro. Regardless, for a track car that won't be ever in traffic, it's more than good enough, I don't have a problem recycling it for this project, even if it is temporary.

Lining up with the fancy BMW M clutch alignment tool aka blown up input shaft LOL.

I got sidetracked for the rest of the day helping out my friend change injectors on his newly built E30 325 racecar, which I must say turned out friggin' awesome! Just a couple odds and ends like front spoiler, brake ducts, etc and its ready to rock! This is where my old Koseis ended up.

Finally, before I called it a day, I managed to squeeze the old 318 engine harness into place. A couple few bolts to take care of to attach the alternator firmly, and it's ready to drop in tomorrow morning! Stay tuned!

Old 07-24-2010, 10:59 PM   #87
jm1602
5th Gear Member

Good work Rudy

Keep on working.
jm1602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #88
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Oh I'm working John!

So this morning, I hooked the motor up to the engine hoist. Got it all balanced out, and pulled it into the parking lot to plop it in the car, only to realized I forgot to take out the mockup motor! DOH!

I dropped everything, loosened off all the mounts, and pulled the mockup engine out. Found where my release bearing went, on the transmission! I pulled that off to clean/regrease it before putting it back in. After a lot of grunting, swearing, and scratching/cutting up my hand and arms, I got the motor in! I set the e30 318 rad in, and to my delight, fit fairly well.

However, the rad mounts a bit differently, so I had to make a bracket to bolt onto for the top, and I still have to make some sort of bracket along the bottom to support the rad. I'll get to that this week sometime. Here is my solution for the top bracket.

All welded in. Pounded around the rad cap with a hammer to get some clearance for the cap.

Bolted in a few odds and ends, one major piece: the starter. Needs some cleaning and paint, but I wanna see it in action first. It's easy to pull out later on. Hell on that note, the motor may have to come out once or twice more... the joys of building a project car!

One boo boo I managed today was to break the distributor housing. It wouldn't go in, so I tried to spread it apart with a screwdriver and.. SNAP! Well lucky me, my mockup motor had one. Yoink!

And this is how I left it for today... Damn, I might actually be able to hear this run by the end of this week?!

Old 07-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #89
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

good stuff!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #90
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Must install tarboez.

Display Modes Rate This Thread