Some good changes and better protection for the consumer. I like the one where the sticker price includes all other charges such as admin charges instead of +++.
Broadened to include general dealer (new and used), captive finance companies, brokers, wholesalers, exporters, and fleet lessors, including short-term lessors (daily rental companies).
- Disclose the total cost of repairs for any single incident that exceeds $3000
- Disclose any “material fact” that may influence a reasonable person in the decision to purchase or lease the vehicle
- Disclose whether or not the motor vehicle has been declared a total loss by an insurer
- Disclose the negative branding classifications of Irreparable, Salvage or Rebuilt
- Disclose if the vehicle was registered in another province or jurisdiction outside of Ontario
- Disclose the prior use of the vehicle
(daily rental, emergency vehicle, taxi/limo)
- Disclose any fire or flood damage to the vehicle.