Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #16
vladvm
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz330ci View Post
So just to keep you guys updated... I had ACL surgery and meniscus damage fixed on Nov,23,2009. It's been a few weeks now and I'm walking with a bit of a limp. I was off crutches 2 weeks after.

I got off the pain meds as soon as possible, and everything went smoothly. I have physio twice a week and i always come out of that place feeling better. I'll be switching it to once a week since things are getting more busy now. Pain was the worst when I would get up during week 1. I would feel the blood rushing down and basically all my incision holes would sting.... Knee looks good now, but it's still a bit swollen because i walk on it all day. I hardly ice anymore, when really i should be doing it a lot more!

Anyways, it's tough the first 2 weeks, I wish anyone the best of luck with this surgery, it's pretty annoying actually. The next 8 months i will be trying to get it to 100%.

glad you are recovering well. I hate to say this but your knee will never be 100%. It will be quite difficult getting over the fear of knee giving out (mental conditioning). Take it easy. don't overdo your rehab, knee has to heal.
vladvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #17
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

You are right in a sense. The knee in my opinion will never be 100% but it will be pretty close. i'll take it easy for the next 8 and a half months. After that I will go back to soccer and everything else basically.... My knee never gave out(Except intial injury i guess kinda..), and it will probably never again.

I'm not worried at all about this. The hard part is all over. Now I just need to focus on rehab.
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: