Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
E36is
'OldSchool..'

GF & I want to do a carribean cruise.

We are thinking of doing a 1 or 2 week cruise in July or August of this year. Need some help/suggestions on which cruise to look into (and which ones to avoid), best bang for the buck and which cruise as the most tour stops. We are thinking of going to florida port. Anyways if anybody has been on these cruise i would appreciate your input.

Thanks in Advance!
Old 01-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
hustler
2nd Gear Member

I have done a few, and if you're not old Carnival has some good deals in the Caribbean. The ships are a little older, but have mostly been refurbished and they typically have tended to attract a younger demographic in my experience. If you are old however, Royal Caribbean had the nicest ships from what I've seen.

I liked the stops pretty much anywhere, although the one near Atlantis in the Bahamas might have been my least favourite. If you would like to get watches or jewelery St. Thomas USVI is a great stop. I saved about $1000 on a watch there, and jewelery prices were equally competitive.

If you're going to have some fun, count on a $500-$700 tab between the two of you at the end of the week.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
sski
2nd Gear Member

I think Carnival tends to be cheapest. Remember "booze not included" so you will run a tab and get a bill at the end. Make sure you are prepared for this. If you are going to spend the week saying: "Hmmm, I'd like another drink but don't want to run up the bill", then it's not really a vacation. I tend to prefer an AI resort for that reason.

Cruises are not expensive, its the flight to FLA that kills ya sometimes. Check cost out of Buffalo. My sister saved almost $1000 two years ago for 4 people. She's going again next week, the savings was only a couple hundred so she's just flying outa T.O. Another viable alternative, if you have the time, drive to FLA. It's a easy drive (21-24hrs)
Old 01-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #4
330Hi
4th Gear Member

^Post some links please.
Thx!

---------------------
330Hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:47 AM   #5
hustler
2nd Gear Member

When I was looking at it, Carnival had nearly the same rates as the other cheap flight places for a cruise & airfare package. It's worth a couple f extra bucks to book with them because if the flight somehow doesn't get you there in time for the departure it's their problem.

I looked at leaving from Buffalo, but as it happens it turns out there must have been a good volume of flights going from Toronto to Miami.

Miami is fun and worth staying a couple of days more if you book the flights yourself.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #6
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

I've been on a few and I agree with Hustler that Royal Carribean is the best line and too cruise from Port of Miami like Rick Ross. Carnival is too ghetto, Princess is too gay and Norwegian is pricey.

Best destinations in the Caribbean that I've been...St Maarten, Bahamas and Cozumel.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #7
arek
3rd Gear Member

I would always suggest flying from Buffalo, especially to certain cities that do not have chartered flights. Toronto - > Florida is a norm though.. still wouldn't hurt checking out the difference.

Example- I flew out to New Mexico -- Cheapest airfare was $450CDN/person to Alba,New Mexico... I got it for $125 USD from Buffalo...
arek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: