Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Bimmersport Automotive
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #16
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

You can get cars cheap for dailys, weeklys or monthly rentals. The quoted price is the rental only. Of course there are extra options you can add on. Thats how they make their money. Credit card companies do offer car rental protection so you don't have to fork out insurance coverage; it all depends on what credit card company you use and the type of card features they have.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #17
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
Good luck finding rental for 35 bucks. I tryed to rent sentra for 3 days and it comes to 240 with insurance. Half of that with no insurance is was cheaper deal, but why drive econo box without damage insurance and worry so much over it?.....I wanna know where you get it for 35....
From our contacts at Enterprise - as per 'duhprez's post. Although this price is only valid with confirmation of myself or Charlie.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #18
duhprez
1st Gear Newbie

Car rental options

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
Good luck finding rental for 35 bucks. I tryed to rent sentra for 3 days and it comes to 240 with insurance. Half of that with no insurance is was cheaper deal, but why drive econo box without damage insurance and worry so much over it?.....I wanna know where you get it for 35....
You got ripped off buddy and I'm glad I don't rent from where you're going.

Visit, www.discountcar.com and they have a location at

Dixie & Matheson
1616 Matheson Blvd. E.
Mississauga, ON

(which is the closest one to Bimmersport), they have four vehicle selections between $20.00 to $25.00 per day.

I just did a search online on their website for a one day rental (Internet Rates):

Hyundai Accent (or similar) approx. $19.99 per day
Toyota Yaris (or similar) approx. $21.50 per day
Ford Focus (or similar) approx. $21.99 per day
Pontiac G6 (or similar) approx. $24.47 per day

If you take the Accent, with taxes and other minor fees, you're out about $25.00 for the day. I rent with a credit card that covers the insurance so opt out of that option from the car rental company. And with Discount, they include 3000km per rental agreement.

You don't need alot of luck to find rates. You just need to know where to look. And if you're referred by Bimmersport to the car rental companies that they partner with - Yes, they can arrange a special customer rate as well. The last time Bimmersport helped me out with that was with Enterprise and they have a location on Dixie, just south of the 401.

The car rental company was even nice enough to pick me up and drop me off at Bimmersport once my car was ready.

Last edited by duhprez; 10-08-2009 at 05:46 PM.
duhprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:13 AM   #19
alpine86
2nd Gear Member

wow good to know!! thanks for the great info!
alpine86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:37 PM   #20
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
I just phoned them up to get a quote just to get some feedback. I was trying to do some math about getting a new car. The money wise and time wasted combined that would lead me to make the perfect choice. Thanks for the info anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhprez View Post
You got ripped off buddy and I'm glad I don't rent from where you're going.

Visit, www.discountcar.com and they have a location at

Dixie & Matheson
1616 Matheson Blvd. E.
Mississauga, ON

(which is the closest one to Bimmersport), they have four vehicle selections between $20.00 to $25.00 per day.

I just did a search online on their website for a one day rental (Internet Rates):

Hyundai Accent (or similar) approx. $19.99 per day
Toyota Yaris (or similar) approx. $21.50 per day
Ford Focus (or similar) approx. $21.99 per day
Pontiac G6 (or similar) approx. $24.47 per day

If you take the Accent, with taxes and other minor fees, you're out about $25.00 for the day. I rent with a credit card that covers the insurance so opt out of that option from the car rental company. And with Discount, they include 3000km per rental agreement.

You don't need alot of luck to find rates. You just need to know where to look. And if you're referred by Bimmersport to the car rental companies that they partner with - Yes, they can arrange a special customer rate as well. The last time Bimmersport helped me out with that was with Enterprise and they have a location on Dixie, just south of the 401.

The car rental company was even nice enough to pick me up and drop me off at Bimmersport once my car was ready.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:13 PM   #21
VSR
2nd Gear Member

Cool

I don't know the boys at BimmerSport but it's evident they know what they are doing. So if it takes a bit longer to get things done so be it. Time is also money, If you know it's gonna be wait time simply get picked up or rent a car. Better than using another shop that doesnt know what they are doing....then the wait time you complained about before wont seem so bad
VSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:36 PM   #22
Qube
5th Gear Member

It's like going to a good doctor. You always have to wait (for good reason). I would be wary going to a doctor that is always on time...

Qube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #23
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
I don't think the problem is that the job takes too long to do. The problem is having a set appointment time in advance and then waiting 3 hours before they bring your car in.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #24
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Keep these scenarios in mind:

Customer makes appt for 9 - arrives at 10am. We cannot stop the appts we had to follow through with because you were first in line, you arrived late - you would have to wait for the next openning.

Customer makes appt for a problem, and requires a wait time for parts delivery.

These 2 things severely affect the wait time that some may experiencing. I am not trying to push the blame, or point fingers...but would just like to point these factors out as they are influencing the wait.

We have extremely busy schedules, and so do our customers...which is why we strongly recommend drop offs.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #25
VSanj
6th Gear Member

I kinda like hanging out there even though johnny is a flamer!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:01 AM   #26
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Flyview View Post
I don't think the problem is that the job takes too long to do. The problem is having a set appointment time in advance and then waiting 3 hours before they bring your car in.
ROFL...You dont think they are related? If the guy in front of you takes longer to get fininshed (and this in VERY possible with any job), do you think they just stop working on his car, and tell him "sorry man, thats all the time we have for you today"...push the car ouside and call him a towtruck!? ROFL

With all the things that can, and do go wrong in a shop...its enaugh to make a TV show...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

2nd location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:32 PM   #27
///MG
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post

With all the things that can, and do go wrong in a shop...its enaugh to make a TV show...
Yet another great idea... If the Leafs and Raptors can have their dedicated channel... so should Max... Randy, get working on it
2004 Mitsubishi Galant SOLD
1993 Plymouth Duster SOLD
///MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #28
JNSchnitzer
Christ is King

My buddy knows the manager of the Discount on Dixie and Matheson. Maybe he can work something out with Bimmersport.
JNSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:12 AM   #29
Hamann330ci
2nd Gear Member

Lol lmaf
Old 01-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #30
JayR_84
2nd Gear Member

I have the same criticism with the waiting time. (this was last year.) The wait time was way too long, especially when I had other appointments to make (which I didn't end up getting too, and lost more money than the servicing was worth). The part that bothered me was I called before I left work to ensure that everything would be OK for my appointment. They said "ya ya, come on down." So I did. Would've been nice if they told me I'd be delayed a few hours, or if I want to rebook for another day. At least if I got a call to let me know they're running behind schedule. I saw they have a lot of cars to work on, but it seemed they were rushing the work (including my car) to get on to the next one.

Other than that, I have no complaints. The car hasn't needed servicing since, so I haven't been back to see if this was a one-time deal, or if it's always like that.
JayR_84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: