Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #31
daytona
6th Gear Member

You knows whats worst,when the dumb ass driver sees a emergency car coming from the rear and stops dead.Doesnt pull over to the right..just brakes hard and doesnt move..urggg....
Old 12-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #32
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Wow... How are some of you agreeing with this?? People make mistakes!

Totally agree with Mystikal on the careless driver charge.

What I want to know is HOW THE **** do these laws spring up out of nowhere? No one contests this shit?

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - gone
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #33
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Flyview View Post
Wow... How are some of you agreeing with this?? People make mistakes!

Totally agree with Mystikal on the careless driver charge.

What I want to know is HOW THE **** do these laws spring up out of nowhere? No one contests this shit?
if someone repeats these careless mistakes over and over they shouldn't have a license. if someone can't concentrate on driving and is day dreaming about whatever then too bad. it will teach them to be more attentive while driving. i'm sure most of the charges are legit and its not just because a cop is having a bad day. if there are a few cops that want to screw you over they'll be able to do it one way or another, whether or not these changes come into effect.

and this can't be considered a cash grab because its only going to be used against a limited number of people that break the law, either on purpose of by accident. a cash grab is more like the $50 tax imposed on toronto residents every time they renew their stickers.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:21 AM   #34
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawcio View Post
if someone repeats these careless mistakes over and over they shouldn't have a license. if someone can't concentrate on driving and is day dreaming about whatever then too bad. it will teach them to be more attentive while driving.
I don't know if you'd feel the same when it happens to you for your first time.

Quote:
i'm sure most of the charges are legit and its not just because a cop is having a bad day. if there are a few cops that want to screw you over they'll be able to do it one way or another, whether or not these changes come into effect.
Yea, except now the money in question is 5x more.

Quote:
and this can't be considered a cash grab because its only going to be used against a limited number of people that break the law, either on purpose of by accident. a cash grab is more like the $50 tax imposed on toronto residents every time they renew their stickers.
When I registered my winter beater, they totally forgot to take that tax. WIN.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - gone
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:56 AM   #35
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
The thing is that most of Canadians never go anywhere. Than everything sounds odd or strange. This summer I drove from Serbia to Greece. So a friend of mine wanted to play and passed me on a full white line In Greece. Guess what, the cops pulled him over and handed him 1000 euro ticket. That is around 1.6k CAD. He also got a minor ticket for speeding in the same time. They also reminded that they will never see Greece again in case if they do not pay the tickets. Banned for good.

I think Canadians have imported too many immgrants that wanna do nothing. Many collecting our tax cash. The time has come that flow is very low, and they got to do something. My 0.02c
-1991 BMW 318i (SOLD)
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:25 AM   #36
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Flyview View Post
I don't know if you'd feel the same when it happens to you for your first time.

Yea, except now the money in question is 5x more.

When I registered my winter beater, they totally forgot to take that tax. WIN.
if i did it i'd feel stupid, i'd pay the fine and learn to be more attentive while driving. maybe some ppl will be more attentive just because they're afraid of the fine increases. i think that's a good thing. if the fine was $1, then there would be a lot of ppl running red lights or whatever else.

as mentioned, the higher fine will make ppl think twice about making a yellow light.

as for your third point. that's awesome. did you register it for 2 years at least?

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #37
Fel
Not Banned

Bottom line is, I see people run red lights every ****ing day in Markham. Every day, not once a week. Sometimes I feel like ramming them in the intersection jsut as a big **** you gesture, but that wouldn't accomplish anything and would sure as hell set me back... so the best you can do is watch it happen and watch yet another near miss.

**** them. The problem is that there aren't enough cops there to catch them doing it in the first place. Every ****ing day.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #38
2slow2race
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
They also reminded that they will never see Greece again in case if they do not pay the tickets. Banned for good.
very true. try and come back into the country with a warrant on your name.
you will be arrested at the airport immediately and put in jail. happened to somebody i know.
2slow2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:58 PM   #39
344i
5th Gear Member

what if its 4 am not a car in sight, ur standing waiting to turn, and waiting? whats wrong with running the red then? you stopped, the road is clear.
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:27 PM   #40
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Do we even put murderers away in Canada for that long, let alone running a light lol

Our system is F'd up!

Not defending law breakers just stating a point.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #41
Furious
BMW again.

Im all for those laws, on a daily basis at work i see people fail to not pull over for emergency vehicles... i yell at alot of them if i catch up to them. most are idiots on cell phones ironically enough.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: