Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-18-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
jindal
1st Gear Newbie

bluetooth setup

I bought 525i 2007 recently and trying to activate bluetooth.
I follow the steps but can not checkmark the box that say "communication activated" on the car. Please help!
jindal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:56 AM   #2
nachos23
SweetXi

Send a message via MSN to nachos23
call BMW and with the serial number they can tell you if Bluetooth module installed in your car (not if installed aftermarket). All BMWs are Buetooth ready, make sure yours has the Bluetooth module. If it doesn't check out the link. http://www.parrotshopping.com/ca/p_p....aspx?i=138088

This is what I installed in my 330Xi and it works great!!! No cutting of stock wiring. Cheaper @ BestBuy Canada than from Parrot direct. Used Quick connect kit to interface with existing HK setup and it works great!!! Plays calls through stereo speakers, mutes stereo when making or receiving calls, firmware upgradable through bluetooth..... Great product!! Checkout the MK9000 series if you need iPod streaming..... I didn't as I installed the Aux Input about a 1 yr ago..... check it out!
nachos23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
Fernando
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachos23 View Post
All BMWs are Buetooth ready
Since when???
Old 09-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #4
CoEEzi
2nd Gear Member

Obviously not all bmws are pre wired for bluetooth. It depends on the options you have. For example the US E46s that have BMW Assist are prewired for Bluetooth whereas in Canada it is not. For your 2007 525i with iDrive I am pretty confident that you have bluetooth. To check the box off in your communication ment just shift iDrive knob in that direction (i.e up or down, instead of turning). Check the box off and go into pairing mode on the phone. Enter any code (i.e 1-2-3-4) and the same on the car when it prompts you.

2007 e90s if you had iDrive you had order the bluetooth as a seperate option. Only later if you purchase navigation did BMW packaged bluetooth with it.

Last edited by CoEEzi; 09-17-2010 at 01:25 PM.
CoEEzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
bigcletus
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachos23 View Post
This is what I installed in my 330Xi and it works great!!! No cutting of stock wiring. Cheaper @ BestBuy Canada than from Parrot direct. Used Quick connect kit to interface with existing HK setup and it works great!!! Plays calls through stereo speakers, mutes stereo when making or receiving calls, firmware upgradable through bluetooth..... Great product!! Checkout the MK9000 series if you need iPod streaming..... I didn't as I installed the Aux Input about a 1 yr ago..... check it out!

The link doesn't want to open up...can you provide the model # etc ??
Thanks
bigcletus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: