Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #16
gruppusol
2nd Gear Member

The only thing I could think of is possibly the install was a temporary one to begin with. When R1C3RCKT was satisfied with the results, he decided to tie the wires later making it neater. Obviously I'm only speculating. Also, if we can assume that he has a sub box, maybe with two 10's or a 12, then if the box is not tied down, it could cause any number of problems. I like booting around in my cars and I could imagine something coming loose. My point is that there may have been some change that has occurred and it has been overlooked. I've been through this kind of stuff many times. Leo
gruppusol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:46 AM   #17
limousine
1st Gear Newbie

I just recently installed my new subwoofer and amp and now I am getting the engine noise comeing through the speakers. it didnt happen with the last set-up I had in the car. I've electrical taped up all the ends of the leads and still it comes through. can anyone please tell me anymore ideas to get this annoying noise to stop! thanks.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #18
R1C3RCKT
2nd Gear Member

hmmm. my sngine noise through the speakers still continues, so now i just have the music up loud enough so i don't notice it, but its annoying when you're trying to have a conversation with your passenger and just want a bit of music so it isn't too quiet. once i have my winter beater on the road i'll try and fix the problem. my setup in the trunk is currently a sealed 12 sitting on a winter floormat in the trunk so it doesn't slide around. the amp is ziptied to the side of the trunk with the battery. connected through a 1 farad capacitor. the rca cables are run through the dash to come out the side of the center console that is nearest to the passenger seat. it runs under the passenger seat and under the door trim behind the plastic piece near the seatbelt and under the back seat into the trunk.

the noise is only coming through the factory rear speakers. the tweeter and front speakers in the doors do not have the engine whine. could someone point me to where the factory amp ground is? i was thinking i should check for corrosion and i guess i should ground my aftermarket amp and capacitor there instead of the battery.

anymore insights would be much appreciated.
Fletcher
R1C3RCKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:45 AM   #19
gruppusol
2nd Gear Member

Try connecting the amp without the capacitor and the ground wire onto a bare metal area in the trunk.
gruppusol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #20
InFBMW
1st Gear Newbie

It also might be a bad amp. Happened to me before.
InFBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:36 PM   #21
InFBMW
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1C3RCKT View Post
hmmm. my sngine noise through the speakers still continues, so now i just have the music up loud enough so i don't notice it, but its annoying when you're trying to have a conversation with your passenger and just want a bit of music so it isn't too quiet. once i have my winter beater on the road i'll try and fix the problem. my setup in the trunk is currently a sealed 12 sitting on a winter floormat in the trunk so it doesn't slide around. the amp is ziptied to the side of the trunk with the battery. connected through a 1 farad capacitor. the rca cables are run through the dash to come out the side of the center console that is nearest to the passenger seat. it runs under the passenger seat and under the door trim behind the plastic piece near the seatbelt and under the back seat into the trunk.

the noise is only coming through the factory rear speakers. the tweeter and front speakers in the doors do not have the engine whine. could someone point me to where the factory amp ground is? i was thinking i should check for corrosion and i guess i should ground my aftermarket amp and capacitor there instead of the battery.

anymore insights would be much appreciated.
Fletcher
Your AMP ground is on the battery ? Why ? Is it the shortest way to ground it ? Try another place.
InFBMW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: