Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-28-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
bmdoubleya
6th Gear Member

Experience with Turboready.

Just wanted to share my first experience with George & raf working on my BMW's. Raf has been working on my cars for years but I just wanted to let everyone know that these 2 guys as a team work amazing toghether.

My bmw has never seen such service. They litterally treat the car as if it was their own bmw.

I currently have my 5 series up at his garage and my brothers Turbo 3 series is in the middle of a engine transplant.

So if your looking for a affordable awsome place to have your BMW worked on I would recomend them to anyone and I'd trust these 2 guys with the keys to my house.

Keep up all the good work guys and I wish you tons of sucess.
bmdoubleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
chromius
6th Gear Member

That's good to hear. How's their turnaround time? As in, will they have jobs done same day, or is it several days? And scheduling etc.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
bmdoubleya
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius View Post
That's good to hear. How's their turnaround time? As in, will they have jobs done same day, or is it several days? And scheduling etc.
Turnaround was super fast. They did in about 3 hours what would have taken multiple visits at another shop. We literally cleared through a list on my 3 series that I thought I'd have to wait till next season to clear up.

Not to mention they saved me at least from a future Tow or a accident because my bracket for the motor mount only had one out of 3 bolts holding the engine in place.

And this was the same day my car was at Autovation for a tire mounting where I was told I had play in my steering rack But they did not notice my motor was hanging about a inch and a half to low on the drivers side.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #4
carjoe
6th Gear Member

Nice. Where is Turboready? East-ish right?

My car is good for now but you never know...

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:26 PM   #5
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdoubleya View Post
Turnaround was super fast. They did in about 3 hours what would have taken multiple visits at another shop. We literally cleared through a list on my 3 series that I thought I'd have to wait till next season to clear up.

Not to mention they saved me at least from a future Tow or a accident because my bracket for the motor mount only had one out of 3 bolts holding the engine in place.

And this was the same day my car was at Autovation for a tire mounting where I was told I had play in my steering rack But they did not notice my motor was hanging about a inch and a half to low on the drivers side.
Good to know. Do they have a shop number, or should I just call Raph directly? I Need to get a rear main seal/clutch work done, and I don't feel like trying to tackle that in my garage, so I'm looking for a place.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:53 AM   #6
ecuconnection
6th Gear Member

+1 for the Turboready Team
ecuconnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #7
bmdoubleya
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius View Post
Good to know. Do they have a shop number, or should I just call Raph directly? I Need to get a rear main seal/clutch work done, and I don't feel like trying to tackle that in my garage, so I'm looking for a place.

Their info UNIT 2B- 1525 Sieveright Road, Ottawa (Close to Bank and Hunt Club Phone: 613 482 6335.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turbo Ready banner small for ads.jpg (115.2 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg front.jpg (45.9 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg back.jpg (30.7 KB, 226 views)
File Type: jpg Euro on hoist.jpg (352.5 KB, 216 views)
Old 11-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #8
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

I had the chance to spend some time with the Turboready guys on the weeked, visiting the new shop. Always great dealing with them!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #9
mikemac
99 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdoubleya View Post

Just to clear confusion, if the vehicle come in for just tires the only check done on the car is to shake the from end to check for play. That is why the rack would have been noticed. The vehicle wouldn't have been lifted high enough on the hoist to see any mounts and as I had said no other checks are done. If the vehicle was in for an oil service or an inspection(or a list, as you did with turboready) the car would have had a complete check over.
mikemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #10
HuD 91gt
2nd Gear Member

Stopped by Turboready the other day. Raphael seems very genuine and honest(Even wanted to give me money back after overpaying, still not sure how you got my Ph # though haha) Drooling over those E30's.. Wow
HuD 91gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #11
Striker
Turbo Ready

Guys, thanks for all the compliments and support, it's very much appreciated, really means a lot to us.
On the behalf of George and myself, it's rewarding to see such kind words and encouragement.

I thank all of you , who have known me for the years I have been working on the BMW's at my place, for the friendship and loyalty.

I know the guys (ie Dave and Adam, bmdoubleya and his Boosted Bro) among a few, who were pushing for me for a while to go bigger, I know you were surprised at this. These two guys were always so supportive and valuable to us.
I was happy working on the cars on a small scale, but for a big reason or two, I took the plunge, George included.

I have made good friends within the BMW community and I intend to keep it that way with the belief of it growing.

My business perspective includes a huge belief that friendliness is important in business, quite contrary to what theory says, not mixing business and friends.
I believe that every customer should be treated like a friend, this will ensure that you will try your best to make sure he is happy.

This wont have been possible without the inclusion of George in the business as I wont have been able to handle the whole work load alone.
George has the same business practices as I, perfection, honesty, being thorough, skillful and yes, being friendly.

We make a good team because our views on how things should be done are the same, the right and perfect way.

George is a great guy and I know that he will only enhance what's already in circulation about us. He is very knowledgeable with a great background in electronics as well.

Thanks so much guys, we look forward to being of help and service to you and hope we can contribute to the BMW community in a meaningful way.

Sorry for not responding to this thread before, we are so busy at the shop.

Cheers,

Raph

SPEED AND POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL,
THANK HITLER, BMW HAS ALL THREE
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: