Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
slimjim
Almost Sideways

e30 m30 upgrades?

my car is under construction for the winter and i think ive decided to go with the m30. I was also considering and m50 swap, or building the m20. I have acces to a cnc shop and the owner told me he is willing to make anything for me, as long as i give him the drawing and metal. So the m20 would be ur typical 2.7l stroker, shaved head, larger injectors, custom intake mani, and the throttle body//afm off the m30, markd tunned and maybe cams if my budget allows it. BUT the m50 is just overall newer/more efficient with nicer tranny options. They are all in the same price range to build/swap. Im leaning towards the m30 mainly because when someone asks, i can say theres a 3.5 liter in this bitch. But your welcome to try and change my mind if u see a better option.

lol but now back on topic, my main question is, what are some power upgrades for the m30 (im planning on an N/A motor). Is there room to shave the head down?
-what are my cheapest options for engine mounts/brackets?
-are the tranny ratios from the e34 similar or exact the the tranny off an m20? anyone know of a site showing the ratios?

Last edited by slimjim; 11-08-2009 at 03:27 PM.
slimjim is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: