Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #16
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

Magnus, fyi, I didn't mean to disrespect you in anyway with my previous comment, and by idiots, I'm talking about the general population here in Canada, that allow their governments to get away with so much bullshit, namely here I'm talking about McGuinty and Miller, effectively screwing will all of us and the future generations to come will be paying for their short terms in office. Now I also agree to some extent with you, greece being the perfect example. The destruction of personal and public property is definately not a way to get your point across, but people need to start somewhere, and voicing their opinions is a great way of doing it. Facebook and Twitter have become great channels for voicing opinions if you physically don't want to get involved with politics. But most of all, people need to hear and become aware of other peoples' opinions as well as the things that are being done so that they can have their own yay or ney say.

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #17
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
Let me know how that goes.

Honestly. I want a picture of you protesting in front of Queens Park. Better with other people there too participating, not jsut you by yourself.

Too many people make these bold statements but never follow through. Prove me wrong.
Its not about not follow through, I've tried to capture random politicians, but my plan failed due to lack of knowledge and experience.

How do we do it? what will catch people's attention? and what type of action do we need to do in order for the public to understand and follow suit?

once we've got that planned out, let's go do it , if it requires me go butt naked in Feb, so be it, I'll do it.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #18
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiroE36 View Post
Magnus, fyi, I didn't mean to disrespect you in anyway with my previous comment, and by idiots, I'm talking about the general population here in Canada, that allow their governments to get away with so much bullshit, namely here I'm talking about McGuinty and Miller, effectively screwing will all of us and the future generations to come will be paying for their short terms in office. Now I also agree to some extent with you, greece being the perfect example. The destruction of personal and public property is definately not a way to get your point across, but people need to start somewhere, and voicing their opinions is a great way of doing it. Facebook and Twitter have become great channels for voicing opinions if you physically don't want to get involved with politics. But most of all, people need to hear and become aware of other peoples' opinions as well as the things that are being done so that they can have their own yay or ney say.
I know you did not mean anything towards me man!
And i agree with all you said more or less....its just that i am tired of hearing about economy and taxes etc....nothing to do with you!
And yes it needs to be heared in the proper way.

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #19
344i
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
Let me know how that goes.

Honestly. I want a picture of you protesting in front of Queens Park. Better with other people there too participating, not jsut you by yourself.

Too many people make these bold statements but never follow through. Prove me wrong.
eh, so where should i stand? give me a killer slogan? Block the gardiner? LOL
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:36 AM   #20
344i
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadChigga View Post
Its not about not follow through, I've tried to capture random politicians, but my plan failed due to lack of knowledge and experience.

How do we do it? what will catch people's attention? and what type of action do we need to do in order for the public to understand and follow suit?

once we've got that planned out, let's go do it , if it requires me go butt naked in Feb, so be it, I'll do it.
I honestly don t know what to do, so its peaceful and effective!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:07 AM   #21
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
Originally Posted by 344i View Post
I honestly don t know what to do, so its peaceful and effective!
neither do I, since the only way this govn't listen is when there's money involved, I say what we do must have an financial impact.

Main goal:

Caused enough financial impact to let the govn't notice and take action.

Must avoid:
Death
Bombing
Destruction

so now we know not to bomb anybody nor kidnap Chris Bosh, we also know its useless to talk to politcians since they got an agenda of their own.

Best solution:
if we can get most of the country NOT buy anything or spend any dollars for one day or two.

but how? how are we going to convince people to stay home and not spend money for one day? most people work on shift now days, unless we do it on a weekend, where people don't shop and caused an outcry of the business owners like me, that forces local politicians to re-think of the HST and bring it up to the higher power.

so now we must find a way to convince, what we can do is set up a charity group and ask for donation to fight against HST and use the donation to set up ads to remind people when to take action.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #22
344i
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadChigga View Post
neither do I, since the only way this govn't listen is when there's money involved, I say what we do must have an financial impact.

Main goal:

Caused enough financial impact to let the govn't notice and take action.

Must avoid:
Death
Bombing
Destruction

so now we know not to bomb anybody nor kidnap Chris Bosh, we also know its useless to talk to politcians since they got an agenda of their own.

Best solution:
if we can get most of the country NOT buy anything or spend any dollars for one day or two.

but how? how are we going to convince people to stay home and not spend money for one day? most people work on shift now days, unless we do it on a weekend, where people don't shop and caused an outcry of the business owners like me, that forces local politicians to re-think of the HST and bring it up to the higher power.

so now we must find a way to convince, what we can do is set up a charity group and ask for donation to fight against HST and use the donation to set up ads to remind people when to take action.
How tho Sam? How? A donation group won't work i don t think. Even a facebook thing won t get attention

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: