Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-07-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
daytona
6th Gear Member

Northwood mortgages..

have anyone done with business with them?.They been around a long time and have ads everywhere these days.

http://www.northwoodmortgage.com/
Old 10-07-2009, 09:23 AM   #2
europrince
6th Gear Member

Go to a regular bank to get a loan. The only reason you'd go to shops like this is if you can't get a standard mortgage at a bank.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince View Post
Go to a regular bank to get a loan. The only reason you'd go to shops like this is if you can't get a standard mortgage at a bank.
Are you an idiot? Why would you go to a bank if you can get a lower rate with a broker? Sure, if your bank is willing to match the rate, great .... otherwise, why pay more in interest?

having said all that, I don't know anything about these guys, but they seem like a broker that works with many actual lenders. Just don't sign up with something like Iran Mortgage Company and you'll be fine.

Last edited by ScotcH; 10-07-2009 at 12:07 PM.
ScotcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotcH View Post
Are you an idiot? Why would you go to a bank if you can get a lower rate with a broker? Sure, if your bank is willing to match the rate, great .... otherwise, why pay more in interest?

having said all that, I don't know anything about these guys, but they seem like a broker that works with many actual lenders. Just don't sign up with something like Iran Mortgage Company and you'll be fine.
who the hell are you to insult members like that? did i offend you in some way? i voiced my opinion, right or wrong. you can voice yours. you're the ignorant idiot.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

I didn't insult you ... just asked you a question. Since the statement you made was idiotic in nature, I wanted to confirm if it was intentional. You provided completely useless information to the OP which didn't answer his question at all ... in this case, your opinion (even though you stated it as fact) is simply horseshit. Thousands of people around the country have mortgages through a broker, and save millions combined over a bank loan rates.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
pawcio
6th Gear Member

i don't know about this specific broker but its normally better to go to a broker because they can run your credit history once and then you can get offers from different banks on the mortgages. if you go to a few banks by yourself to get quotes, your credit being checked every time), itscrews up the max value you can get approved for, because checking your credit too often in a short period of time does that. for example, if you went to 5 banks in one day, the ones later in the day would be offering you less and less.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

i'm not sure if what pawcio is saying is true or not, but I highly doubt that having your credit checked several times in one day makes any impact at all. My parents have done it plenty of times and currently at prime minus 1.15... shopping around should never hurt your ability to get a better deal. I'm looking at this from a logical point of view and this would make no sense... however, I'm not sure, so I cannot verify anything.

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiroE36 View Post
i'm not sure if what pawcio is saying is true or not, but I highly doubt that having your credit checked several times in one day makes any impact at all. My parents have done it plenty of times and currently at prime minus 1.15... shopping around should never hurt your ability to get a better deal. I'm looking at this from a logical point of view and this would make no sense... however, I'm not sure, so I cannot verify anything.
i've been to many different workshops on purchasing homes. since i'm at work i don't have a direct reference but a quick google search came up with this:

"Don't try to apply for credit too frequently. Submitting too many credit applications in a short period of time can lower your credit score and make it more difficult to get credit when you really need it"

Every time to ask to be approved for a mortgage by a bank you're applying for credit.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #9
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
have anyone done with business with them?.They been around a long time and have ads everywhere these days.

http://www.northwoodmortgage.com/
I checked that website and doubt a place like that will get you the best deal as they would appear to have a lot of overhead. Call Frank at Trillium Mortgage.

http://www.trilliummortgage.ca/default.asp

416-488-6139 <-- call this number to speak directly with Frank Manzo

And yes, brokers can often get you a better rate than you would get yourself at a bank.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #10
mirek
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiroE36 View Post
you're wrong.
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #11
misschigga
2nd Gear Member

Mortgage brokers can be really helpfull. When we bought our house our broker helped us with everything a lot of stuff I otherwise might have overseen. Make sure your broker is connected to Invis. www.invis.ca
Invis is canada's #1 broker company and deals with all the major banks, insurance companies etc. The customer is legally protected. We got the best rate possible without having to do all the shopping. If you want i can give you the number of our agent.
misschigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #12
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

I always used a broker, for personal and business mortgages. Why go to different banks, waste time etc. when you can have a broker do all the work for you..
Old 10-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #13
daytona
6th Gear Member

Mark you got a PM...
Old 10-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #14
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince View Post
No, you go to a broker because they do all the work and you almost always get a better rate than the banks would offer you off the street! I used Trillium Mortgage in 2001, and when I went to the lawyer to sign the papers, he asked how I got that amazing interest rate for 5 years.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:01 AM   #15
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

Well I guess I learned something new then...

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: