Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #46
rendered
6th Gear Member

My home systems have spoiled my ears, and I appreciate good sound, and like to hear realsm in my music. So to me, i appreciate the best possible car audio money can buy, within reason though. I wouldn't go out and buy the $10,000 reference line components.

I didn't pay $1500-2500 either that this headunit ussually sells for. And Rainbow CS 275.28 Platinum's were a great price as well.

I spend a lot of time in my cars for work, and even enjoy the casual drive all the time.

Lately past couple years, I've been buying crappy car audio trying to satisfy my picky taste, putting in new systems every few weeks. Not being satisfied, I figured its about time I start spending some money and getting quality stuff again.

SPL is great, and i've had my fair share of "crazy loud" high spl setups, but it gets tiring and old over time. SQ is the way to go, especially since we can reduce the weight we put into the trunk and cars with nice SQ setups compared to big heavy SPL setups.

and yes, I agree, Rainbow is the way to go... Focal is still nice, but lacking compared to Rainbow.

Time correction is great for those who put these nice components in the factory speaker locations. IMO it's the best feature anyone could have when properly setup. And obviously you appreciate Hifi sound since you bought the 9887 instead of the basic lower end alpine models, and Rainbow components instead of Mtx, jbl, etc.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #47
rendered
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss17 View Post
Damn the DENON is $1500? Is the Alpine F#1 Status deck better than it? Cause I saw the F1 Status deck for sale for $1900 a few months back.
Audio to Go use to sell this headunit for $2500... nobody appreciates the classic Hifi equipment look anymore, nor the sound quality they produce.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:06 PM   #48
Boss17
6th Gear Member

I think the DENON deck looks amazing. Like they say, simplicity is beauty. I actually saw this DENON deck in a magazine once, some very good reviews on it.
1990 Ford Probe Turbo- SOLD
Boss17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:39 PM   #49
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

This:

I'm happy. Very happy. Sega Genesis in the glovebox ftmfw.

Jay

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:39 PM   #50
BiggyAlex
2nd Gear Member

ewwwwww

i hate the after market deks sticks out too far out
OEM DECK LIKE NICE ,,,,,,,dont hate
BiggyAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:45 AM   #51
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I cleaned up the thread a bit.

For the record... this deck owns all!

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:45 AM   #52
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

I totally understand where you're coming from, as I myself spend most of my time in the car for work. And also like to drive a lot outside of work. But over the years I've just came to conclusion that spending a lot of money for audio in a place that as constantly changing harmonics is just somewhat of a waste to me IMO.

When I was looking to buy my deck, I went to Audio To Go and he showed me that Denon in the back. When he told me the price I told him he was crazy. He doesn't carry Alpines so he wanted to sell me a $600 Kenwood. But I got my 9887 for a KILLER price and couldn't resist. And I'm very happy that I went with this deck. It's absolutely stunning the way it sounds and operates.

And yes, IMO Rainbow > Focal in most cases. Focal isn't making speakers like they used to.

Either way you'll have a kill system once you're done. I just hope u don't put it in the vert. That would be a big waste IMO.

here's a pic of the CDA-9887 for tho's who are interested btw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
My home systems have spoiled my ears, and I appreciate good sound, and like to hear realsm in my music. So to me, i appreciate the best possible car audio money can buy, within reason though. I wouldn't go out and buy the $10,000 reference line components.

I didn't pay $1500-2500 either that this headunit ussually sells for. And Rainbow CS 275.28 Platinum's were a great price as well.

I spend a lot of time in my cars for work, and even enjoy the casual drive all the time.

Lately past couple years, I've been buying crappy car audio trying to satisfy my picky taste, putting in new systems every few weeks. Not being satisfied, I figured its about time I start spending some money and getting quality stuff again.

SPL is great, and i've had my fair share of "crazy loud" high spl setups, but it gets tiring and old over time. SQ is the way to go, especially since we can reduce the weight we put into the trunk and cars with nice SQ setups compared to big heavy SPL setups.

and yes, I agree, Rainbow is the way to go... Focal is still nice, but lacking compared to Rainbow.

Time correction is great for those who put these nice components in the factory speaker locations. IMO it's the best feature anyone could have when properly setup. And obviously you appreciate Hifi sound since you bought the 9887 instead of the basic lower end alpine models, and Rainbow components instead of Mtx, jbl, etc.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:31 AM   #53
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

Just got a Clarion DRZ9255. Anyone know a good shop to install it ?

[/quote]
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:27 AM   #54
moogles
2nd Gear Member

Diy!
moogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:44 AM   #55
2K6E60
5th Gear Member

Fack I had quite a few: I was seriously into Car Audio,

And for those who say they will choose a rainbow set over a focal set is making broad assumptions. Owning almost the entire line up of both (not inlcuding the reference from Rainbow) the Focal bE tweet is a much better tweeter than the Platinum.

Surprisingly enough i was the most impressed with the Alpine F#1 comps from a few years back, when they were using the Scan Speak revelator drivers. Phenomenal sounding set, infact i liked those more than the Platinums as well.

Nakamich CD45Z
Denon DCT Z1
Alpine F#1
JDM Corrozeria P1
And a sh!t load of other lower end decks.
My Favorite = The Corrozeria, simple / easy to tune and priced extremely well

Oh and I had the First set of Rainbow Platinums in Canada several years ago Nice tweeter, but the mids were lacking IMHO.

Last edited by 2K6E60; 09-13-2009 at 01:56 AM.
2K6E60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: