Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
drivetolive
3rd Gear Member

Best suspension setup

Hey looking to redo the suspension on my car. Wanted to ask what would be the best setup for the best performance? I don't really care about the comfort or any of that luxary stuff, just want an amazing setup for performance. Also am looking for a nice drop which looks good but is also drivable during the winter.

I was looking at the Bilistien coliver Kit, i think they were called PSSS. It's priced at $1000. What would you guys recommend?
drivetolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
Randy
2nd Gear Member

look at ebach (slightly cheaper), also look at "ruff" - dont know much about ruff, but asp tuning carries them. theres also ground control (which i know nothing about).

im looking at the same stuff right now - ill do my suspension next summer.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:28 AM   #3
nachos23
SweetXi

Send a message via MSN to nachos23
well, I diddn't want to completely sacrifice comfort for handling, so I went with the H&R Sport springs and Bilstein Sport shocks (for lowered suspension). The handling improvement was tremendous, the car is lowered about 1.5 and it looks great too. Was cheaper than coilovers, but I do not plan to keep adjusting ride height, so I didn't need adjustable coilovers (PSS), but if you're looking for the best the PSS Coilovers from Bilstien are the best!!! You should also consider H&R Cup Kits. Similar to PSS Colivers, not quite as expensive and virtually the same performance. Unless you're tracking the car, and want to be harrassed by the cops for "mods", go with the H&R and Bilstein combo. It lowers, it improves performance, its a good mix between handling and comfort (you can get same combo in a race comfiguration as well) and you won't get hassled by the cops...... You tracking your car????
nachos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachos23 View Post
well, I diddn't want to completely sacrifice comfort for handling, so I went with the H&R Sport springs and Bilstein Sport shocks (for lowered suspension). The handling improvement was tremendous, the car is lowered about 1.5 and it looks great too. Was cheaper than coilovers, but I do not plan to keep adjusting ride height, so I didn't need adjustable coilovers (PSS), but if you're looking for the best the PSS Coilovers from Bilstien are the best!!! You should also consider H&R Cup Kits. Similar to PSS Colivers, not quite as expensive and virtually the same performance. Unless you're tracking the car, and want to be harrassed by the cops for "mods", go with the H&R and Bilstein combo. It lowers, it improves performance, its a good mix between handling and comfort (you can get same combo in a race comfiguration as well) and you won't get hassled by the cops...... You tracking your car????
Did you get the H$R/Bilstein Sport shocks from a supplier in US or local? Cost?
damameke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:24 AM   #5
nachos23
SweetXi

picked them up from Turner Motorsport in Amesbury, Ma..... Excellent price, quick delivery and even with shipping and duty was still considerably less than I could get them locally. Shipped within 24 hours and here is 3 days.... Here is their link to the H&R springs. Check oiut the H&R Cup kit. A buddy of mine that does alot of aftermarket installs a ton on bimmers (didn't tell me till after I installed my setup) : http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...ion#H&RSprings

Got the home page, select your model and it will sort down to the prodcuts applicable for you..... They race bimmers too, so you can grab performance stuff too.... Happy shopping!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #6
damameke
6th Gear Member

Thanks for the link.. is your buddy a qualified installer?I.E mechanic...
damameke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:13 PM   #7
nachos23
SweetXi

I actually do all my own work and have done all the work on my car, but yes my buddy is a licensed mechanic and runs his own shop. I bought my car from them and they do BMW, Audi, Porche, Ferrari (sell and service). All factory trained guys too. Excellent work and service. Check out their link. http://www.daytonaauto.ca/ Ask for Alex. Tell him Billy sent ya....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: