Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #16
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

Send a message via MSN to Bavaria Send a message via Yahoo to Bavaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
My point exactly, them and them alone.
Quite frankly, I don't want my commute being affected, hearing about it on the news all the time, etc, there is shit happening all over, there are different ways to deal with it.
If they love their bro's and sis' from back home so much, sell the econobox you are driving that is sporting a big "stop the genocide" sticker, and go and help them back home financially or physically.
and how do you know that they dont do so? did you ask them they do actually send funds...thats if u have been watching the news...cause ur so well informed...
Bavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:15 AM   #17
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavaria View Post
A lot of Sri Lankan do, keep in mind there is a large Sri Lanka community in the GTA

The protests held on the streets are to intervene and to tell the Canadian government to talk to the Sri-Lankan government; everyone knows Canada is not a police dog, overreacting much? We only can do gay pride and have them stick their c.ocks out and have carabana sluts parade their tits and asses all day….people have their right to express their views even if it does relate to their home land or wherever they came from, that’s what Canada is all about…multiculturalism and people will demonstrate to try to get the government to help, I don’t get you guys.
And for the record im not from Sri Lanka, I’m Lebanese…
Makes sense but to compare Carabana and Pride to Sri Lankan protestors violating laws and impeeding other fellow landed immigrants and citizens with their protests is NOT how it should be done. Your talking about parades that are organized and allowed by the government and in most cases PAID as well, to some protestors that begin to use up our resources!! Imagine how many fn crack deals, wife beaters, child molestors, rapists.... (yes I may be going to an extreme but its to prove a point) .... where able to get away with their crimes bc our officers were too busy keeping protestors in line.

Get a petition together, get a representative that can go to the media and confront the government directly for help! Thats a much better way to deal with it than doing what they do!

Times change and life changes you have to adapt your strategy to get things done. Having said that this is a free country and Protesting is NOT multiculturalism. A Carabana parade, Portugal day, Italian Fest, Taste of the Danforth.......THAT is what Toronto/Canada is all about in terms of multi culturalism.

Im more than POSITIVE that there are high ranking and potentially influencial Sri Lankan individuals that are close to or IN the government that they can go to.
Will those ppl do anything about whats going on back home????????
LOL I think not or it would of been done by now.
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:32 AM   #18
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

Keep this crap out of Canada.
Canada should not get involved in other countries issues.
Let them sort it out for themselves.

The U.S. Sticks their nose in everywhere, and look what happened to them in 2001...
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:38 AM   #19
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

what i meant was just like people h ave the right to parade, others have the right to protest, comparing them isnt on the same level in a way i agree with u, but both of them are allowed, its a form of free speech....
Old 08-29-2009, 01:46 AM   #20
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
Keep this crap out of Canada.
Canada should not get involved in other countries issues.
Let them sort it out for themselves.

The U.S. Sticks their nose in everywhere, and look what happened to them in 2001...
we are not sticking our noses in anything...its called Mediation and international dialogue, it doesn't even have to be a dispute, more rather than just help in resolving an issue if the other party agreed for the help.

Canada does poke its nose in other peoples business, we are in Afghanistan.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #21
^EVOL-23^
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
My point exactly, them and them alone.
Quite frankly, I don't want my commute being affected, hearing about it on the news all the time, etc, there is shit happening all over, there are different ways to deal with it.
If they love their bro's and sis' from back home so much, sell the econobox you are driving that is sporting a big "stop the genocide" sticker, and go and help them back home financially or physically.
^EVOL-23^ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: