Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 01:21 AM   #1
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner
 
Robb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: North York
Posts: 2,482
Police man Cut in Half and survives (Graphic Video)



you have been warned
*GRAPHIC*...Vietnam, a police officer virtually cut in half after being ran over by a truck calmly talks to the cameraman who's filming it.Incredible and very sad.


http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=832_1250780068



With all surviving odds against him, Peng Shulins body was cut in half by a large transport truck in 1995, leaving his doctors shocked and amazed by his survival. Not only is it a miracle that he has lived to tell the tale, hes now learning to walk again.

It took a team of more than 20 doctors working feverishly to save his life.

Skin was grafted from his head to close his torso up, but h More..is lower body could not be saved leaving him to stand a full 2 feet 6 inches (78 centimeters) in height.

After being bedridden for years, doctors in China didnt have very much hope that he would ever be able to lead any form of a normal life again, reports

Peng began exercising his arms and building his strength up to carry out daily routine chores, empowering him to do things such as washing his face and brushing his teeth.

When doctors at the China Rehabilitation Research Centre in Beijing found out about Pengs quandry, they teamed together to devise a program to get him walking once more.

They came up with an ingenious way to allow him to walk on his own merit by creating a sophisticated egg cup-like casing to hold his body with two bionic legs attached to it.

With the aid of his uniquely adapted legs and resized walking frame, Peng has been taking his first steps around the centre.

Peng is thrilled with his device, and the opportunity it affords him to learn to walk again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg peng-shulinthe-miracle-man-from-china-7996.jpg (29.1 KB, 563 views)
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
magnus
6th Gear Member
 
magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Reykjavik
Posts: 3,483
Damn.......poor guy. Goes to show however what shit cops can go through....
__________________
http://pics.livejournal.com/blblblblx/pic/000r554e.gif

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:03 AM   #3
MiroE36
6th Gear Member
 
MiroE36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,896
nice shoes!!

But on a serious note, that is crazy, my cap is off to this guy for trying, many would have given up on life.
__________________
1992 325i / Briliant rot - SOLD @ 301,000km
1998 318is / Arktic silber - SOLD @ 207,000km
2007 335i / Jet Black - CURRENT @ 28,000 km

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane
 
slemmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Missed in 'sauga
Posts: 3,002
His major veins were sliced. It a miracle he survived the bleed out.
__________________

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
Trouble65
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Niagara Region
Posts: 1,790
So sad for anyone to go through this type of ordeal.

Glad to see a smile on his face.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #6
magnus
6th Gear Member
 
magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Reykjavik
Posts: 3,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble65 View Post
So sad for anyone to go through this type of ordeal.

Glad to see a smile on his face.
Soo true!
__________________
http://pics.livejournal.com/blblblblx/pic/000r554e.gif

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:40 PM   #7
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,674
yeah that sucks for sure..amazing what the human body can go through.

i posted this on bfc 4days ago under the title of zombies or the living dead, ended the thread with some lovely mexican drug war pics

I would've posted it here but im sure a few losers would've dementedly assumed its directed at police officers out of hate or something
__________________
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #8
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い
 
TheLoneVR!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Home
Posts: 4,110
Thats Insane! wow!
Atleast he wasnt suffering the adrenaline in his body was saving him the agonizing pain!
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:37 PM   #9
SickFinga
Moderator
 
SickFinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Location:
Posts: 16,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
you have been warned
*GRAPHIC*...Vietnam, a police officer virtually cut in half after being ran over by a truck calmly talks to the cameraman who's filming it.Incredible and very sad.


http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=832_1250780068



With all surviving odds against him, Peng Shulins body was cut in half by a large transport truck in 1995, leaving his doctors shocked and amazed by his survival. Not only is it a miracle that he has lived to tell the tale, hes now learning to walk again.

It took a team of more than 20 doctors working feverishly to save his life.

Skin was grafted from his head to close his torso up, but h More..is lower body could not be saved leaving him to stand a full 2 feet 6 inches (78 centimeters) in height.

After being bedridden for years, doctors in China didnt have very much hope that he would ever be able to lead any form of a normal life again, reports

Peng began exercising his arms and building his strength up to carry out daily routine chores, empowering him to do things such as washing his face and brushing his teeth.

When doctors at the China Rehabilitation Research Centre in Beijing found out about Pengs quandry, they teamed together to devise a program to get him walking once more.

They came up with an ingenious way to allow him to walk on his own merit by creating a sophisticated egg cup-like casing to hold his body with two bionic legs attached to it.

With the aid of his uniquely adapted legs and resized walking frame, Peng has been taking his first steps around the centre.

Peng is thrilled with his device, and the opportunity it affords him to learn to walk again.

The video and the story are two separate incidents.
Video is from Vietnam and the miracle story is from China. Rob, those are two different countries in case you didn't know.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:07 AM   #10
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner
 
Robb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: North York
Posts: 2,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
The video and the story are two separate incidents.
Video is from Vietnam and the miracle story is from China. Rob, those are two different countries in case you didn't know.
Umm, maybe he was transferred to a hospital in China ?
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:29 AM   #11
arek
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Burlington/Poland
Posts: 586
wow.. why do i visit the off topic section.. (my fault.. )

Its either people burning to death, or laying around in half.
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #12
europrince
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North York
Posts: 6,729
great that he survived and is making the best of his condition
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:45 PM   #13
davericher20
black and blue
 
davericher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2 storey 3 bedroom 1 car garage
Posts: 3,608
wasn't this in 1995? I just saw this video all over the place on the net 2 weeks ago. a 15 year old vid finally surfaces? don't think it's the same guy. And it's shot with a camera phone...........no camera phones back then.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #14
maroli
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yonge and Eg
Posts: 1,370
must've stung a bit
__________________
maroli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #15
ProStreetDriver
The Real Transporter
 
ProStreetDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 808
Send a message via MSN to ProStreetDriver
unbelievable... this is truly amazing, absolutely incredible.


how did it not seriously infect his kidneys, bladder, stomach, spin, etc...
__________________
1997 BMW 540i/6 sport
1984 BMW 733i E23: Centra staggered 16" rims, Hartge strut brace, Hartge engine
1994 BMW 740i E32: Sold
ProStreetDriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015