Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-22-2009, 05:34 AM   #1
Fe9L
5th Gear Member

MTO in Sauga towing people's sh!t

Hey everyone,

This is a friendly warning to all the modified cars, tonight my car was pulled off the street for being low, they had Mavis fully blocked off (2 MTO cruisers and a van) and EVERY SINGLE vehicle was inspected...(Central pkwy tims)

Also an S-type Jag got pulled off for having 'shitty' tires.....

Another set of MTO cruisers (Van and Charger) were up on Britannia and Mavis (T-fox tims) and were inspecting cars, they literally pulled over every single modified car..

One cop told my friend who has a civic "We are coming down to Mississauga more since we notice that there are alota modified cars here..."

Also they are being really strict with everything, I told him my friend will tow my car, he said your friend better be here within 5-10 mins...

My car is pretty low and I was expecting to get a ticket, but didn't think they would block off a major road like that...

He put my ownership paper between my tire and fender and told me to turn, when I did, he laughed and told me your ownership is stuck between the two so now we are towing you car...

So he gave me a court summin and told me to raise it up, take pictures with a camera that has a date on it, and the prosecutor will try and help you out...

Pix for reference

I am sick of this shit, but honestly they are cracking down hard so just drive safe and ensure your cars will pass their inspection

The x-love:

Slamation Nation..Wesa

Last edited by Fe9L; 08-22-2009 at 05:38 AM.
Fe9L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:52 AM   #2
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Do you rub? They can't just make up bullshit like this that is not specified anywhere. Bullshit!

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
WTF... what is this business of too low? I don't think I'd ever bee that low due to shitty streets and ramps (how do you guys drive...) but are there actually real safety problems with cars that are "too low"???

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - gone
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
simplycars
6th Gear Member

my friend's wife works in MTO and they have a list of cars that are to be "checked" when it comes to mods and it includes civics, golfs, jettas, e36s and a4 along with few others.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Flyview View Post
but are there actually real safety problems with cars that are "too low"???
Absolutely yes, have you ever driven any kind of car that is slammed??

Many people will try to argue this point but its the truth. You can lower your car to a certain point to IMPROVE your handling, once you pass that point and go lower.. your handling is severly affected. Also you need to take into consideration the way the car was lowered (cut springs, regular lowering springs, cheap knock off coilovers, basic adjustable coilovers, pro/race coilovers, then you have bump steer kits, alignments)

If its not lowered the right amount, using proper kits then the car is definetly NOT SAFE FOR PUBLIC ROADS.

It seems that alot of people think that they have the right to drive on public roads, when infact its PRIVALAGE. If you dont like the rules, dont drive on the roads.
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
IChopCars
aka ROOFLESS

thanks for the heads up FE9L
Old 08-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #7
dbworld4k
Addict

That is ****ing bullshit.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red
dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #8
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

Welcome to Woodbridge 10 years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
That is ****ing bullshit.
'Nuk what do you care? Ur going back to stock?!

Ya they tried to get my plates back in April but I'm too smooth for them.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #9
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveItSideways View Post
Absolutely yes, have you ever driven any kind of car that is slammed??

Many people will try to argue this point but its the truth. You can lower your car to a certain point to IMPROVE your handling, once you pass that point and go lower.. your handling is severly affected. Also you need to take into consideration the way the car was lowered (cut springs, regular lowering springs, cheap knock off coilovers, basic adjustable coilovers, pro/race coilovers, then you have bump steer kits, alignments)

If its not lowered the right amount, using proper kits then the car is definetly NOT SAFE FOR PUBLIC ROADS.

It seems that alot of people think that they have the right to drive on public roads, when infact its PRIVALAGE. If you dont like the rules, dont drive on the roads.
what he said.
Jim .E. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #10
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by careless7 View Post
'Nuk what do you care? Ur going back to stock?!

Ya they tried to get my plates back in April but I'm too smooth for them.
lol ya ya... To be honest I don't think I can go through with it though.

And what did you do to get out of your ticket, lean forward and scratch a titty or two?

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red
dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #11
Fe9L
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW BMXer View Post
Do you rub? They can't just make up bullshit like this that is not specified anywhere. Bullshit!

It rubs a bit yes, My fender liners are cut out and thats another thing they like, they said it was "sharp edges" lol....

Next year fenders will be pulled a bit and car will go lower!!!!!

***And Im just saying that because I think the law states that no part of the car should make contact with the tires...can someone verify this statement please?

ALSO I FORGOT TO MENTION,
I have a $23 reactive cone from Cnd Tire, lol he pointed at it and actually hit it with his finger multiple times and told me its after market, so i told him this is a regular filter and it came with the car (my engine is fully stock, i just took out the cover over the intake), and he kept insisting that its after market/illegal. lol

EDIT: I have pretty expensive coil overs so my car is safely lowered, its simply too much lowered .... But whatever I had that coming and the day was yesterday!

The x-love:

Slamation Nation..Wesa

Last edited by Fe9L; 08-22-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:18 PM   #12
Dado 540
6th Gear Member

Time for airbags
Old 08-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #13
Majjic
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado 540 View Post
Time for airbags
+1
Old 08-23-2009, 02:38 AM   #14
Euro_7
3rd Gear Member

what kind of stuff do they look for in these stops? My wheels have about an inch and half of space between the tire and the wheel wells on full lock, is that anything to be concerned about?

And is there actually any cars that DO pass their tests? Because according to what youve posted, I think the cops are judging the "mods" or parts on a car as if they were licensed mechanics. So it wouldnt come as a surprise to me if not even one of the cars pulled over were not cited and towed and just allowed to leave.

Last edited by Euro_7; 08-23-2009 at 02:43 AM.
Euro_7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:26 AM   #15
Fe9L
5th Gear Member

You bring up a good point...the minute they pulled me to the side..infront of me was an EP3 (i think 06 civic hatch)..white with big body kit, exhaust etc....I couldnt get a look as to how low it is but the body kit was pretty big lol...

And believe it or not but cops fully let him go, and instead took the Jag off the street....

My advice is simply, be nice ALL THE TIME even if theyr assholes, when you turn your wheel make sure it doesnt rub and his finger can go through..

My case was a bit extreme and my ownership got stuck since im tucking tires....

As for air bags, only God knows if I will do it or not..but one thing is..
Im not afraid of commitments of being low

The x-love:

Slamation Nation..Wesa

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: