Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-18-2009, 09:22 PM   #16
Moxy
1st Gear Newbie

The car is from Japan originally, imported to Canada last year,

Moxy
Moxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:59 PM   #17
Old_School
2nd Gear Member

I hate to ask - but is it an Alpina "appearance" 850? Japan has produced a lot of knock-offs of Alpinas of all models. Can't really tell without engine compartment and interior pics (and a look at the Alpina VIN plate).

Even if it's an appearance package, it's a fine looking car. You don't see 8-ers of any sort around here.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #18
Moxy
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_School View Post
I hate to ask - but is it an Alpina "appearance" 850? Japan has produced a lot of knock-offs of Alpinas of all models. Can't really tell without engine compartment and interior pics (and a look at the Alpina VIN plate).

Even if it's an appearance package, it's a fine looking car. You don't see 8-ers of any sort around here.
If you hate to ask then why would you? The cars not for sale so what possible difference would it make to you, would you know a factory Alpina if you saw one? Name plates and Intake covers are also readily 'knocked off" as well.

I'll never understand why people feel the need to make negative comments about other peoples cars.

Moxy
Moxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:33 PM   #19
Old_School
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
If you hate to ask then why would you? The cars not for sale so what possible difference would it make to you, would you know a factory Alpina if you saw one? Name plates and Intake covers are also readily 'knocked off" as well.

I'll never understand why people feel the need to make negative comments about other peoples cars.

Moxy
I'm not sure why you think my question is negative. I "hate to ask" because I was considering I might get a defensive response like the one you gave. In any case, I was interested because I've never seen an Alpina E31 in the sheetmetal, and I would have spent some "points" with my wife to get a kitchen pass to see it if you were going to be at M&M Friday night. I don't go there because it's just too much hassle on Fridays at that hour. I've seen enough 850i/Ci that it wouldn't be worth the extra chores I'd have to do to get the "points" back.

I'd know a factory Alpina if I saw one. I do know what to look for, and what the common appearance stuff is, plus what is usually too much trouble to do unless it's a high-dollar fraud. I was considering a couple from Japan a few years ago - an RLE, but I didn't have the $50k at the time (in hindsight I should have sold one of my kids), and a B7S Coupe (though I'm not sure about that one, as the dealer selling it was a bit hard to communicate with - not due to language).

So. Is it Live, or Memorex? It is a very nice looking car, regardless of what's under the skin. You have a fine machine there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: