Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #16
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post
My wife had vetoed the 2-seater concept so it's now a four seater convertible option. PM me your shop details and we'll connect.

Stephen
hi Stephen

I hope the Lexus SC430 is in your short list, thats a nice 4 seater, was thinking of trading my roadster for that and like you. wife vetoed it..
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #17
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

Pebble Beach Edition Black on Red with tints! Only way to go!
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #18
maroli
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
hi Stephen

I hope the Lexus SC430 is in your short list, thats a nice 4 seater, was thinking of trading my roadster for that and like you. wife vetoed it..
that car won numerous 'worst car of the year' awards, especially in europe. Its kinda funny that you see so many in toronto, but then again, toronto is a taste vacuum
Old 08-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #19
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroli View Post
that car won numerous 'worst car of the year' awards, especially in europe. Its kinda funny that you see so many in toronto, but then again, toronto is a taste vacuum
worst car award, as in mechanical. design or ?

My friend drives a 2006 sc 430, blue in color. white interior leather and has no mechanical issue...and you are right.. there are so many in Toronto, so Europe worst car awards did not deter alot of SC 430 buyers....

Personally I like that car..
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #20
arek
3rd Gear Member

It is so easy bringing a car over from the states.... you'd have to be retarded to let someone do it for you, If you don't have the time flying out wherever it is, and driving it back.. its not hard to arrange transportation.

I have purchased a few cars in Buffalo,NY - Pretty much fax over the title and paperwork to the US Customs side, and let it hang for 3 days to give them time to verify the car is legit, etc. You go drive over to their building the day you decide to export the car so they can stamp the ownership and consider it 'out of the country'.. then you go over to Canada Customs with your receipt/bill of sale .. Pay your shit, get your RIV form to take to RIV ... and drive off... the Canadian tire inspection is a joke.. they just check for DRL.. don't bother with the airbag stickers in french, they don't care..

I forget the rest.. but it was a breeze.

Last edited by arek; 08-07-2009 at 09:07 PM.
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:53 PM   #21
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
^ But is the can insured? If you drive it off, I would drive it to CT right away to get E-TESTED/certified as well..... In this case you dont have to tow it .
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #22
arek
3rd Gear Member

You obviously get insurance for the car immediately a day prior pickup, have your broker fax/printout WITH their letterhead, details of the car/your details so you can provide to the DMV in NEW YORK, or whatever STATE you purchase the car so you can get a temporary TAG which is valid for 15-20 days?

Gives you alot of time to get the car inspected/ certified/emission
Old 08-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #23
lvan
6th Gear Member

^ Correct. So prior to pick up I hook it up on my Canadian auto insurance. But will they insure the car with American ownership? I mean, my state farm agent always asked me to fax him the onwership before he can email/fax me the pink slip. Will they give me any issues about it with US ownership. I may call them to find out...
Old 08-08-2009, 02:57 PM   #24
arek
3rd Gear Member

^^

Nope, you just clearly explain the situation to your insurance broker that you are purchasing the vehicle in the USA, the USA Title will not have any effect on coverage, they just need verifcation / vin #.

The DMV in the United States is very strict on the requirements in order to get a Temporary Tag.. you must provide essential proof of insurance. Unlike here in Canada, where you just write down your policy #.

Make sure your insurance comp has printed out / faxed you a document with their business contact/letterhead stating the full complete coverage on the car with policy # and all names.

I was stuck once in NY, because I insured a car under my mothers, so they wouldn't issue me a temp tag.. I had to falsify paperwork at a community college somewhere in fcking buffalo, stating it was from my broker in Canada ... lol.

Last edited by arek; 08-08-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:27 PM   #25
lvan
6th Gear Member

OKAY! Good. I mean latey it is just a night mare to look for a car in here. I always encounter some shady dudes. They always put "leaving the country" or such a propaganda fake means. YOu have not even called them, but you can see something looks/sounds strange.
Than you have all these bunch of cars with these new plates such as "BD"BF"BC" Not sure why so many people are selling so many cars that have been just plated. Maybe they are losing their jobs. God knows. I think buying in US is the way to go. mY 0.02C
Old 08-10-2009, 09:01 AM   #26
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

I didn't insure nothing... just drove it with buddy's plate from the states. and I mailed him back his plate when i was done. He was nice enough to do this for me.
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:54 AM   #27
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
This is a great idea and for someone who doesn't want to bother doing everything on their own, you still end up with the car you want for much cheaper then you would buying it here.

I'm luck that I have family in Florida so I will be buying and plating my car there and then just driving it home don't have to worry about duty, tax or changing anything that would be needed to licence it here in Canada...and the insurance is so much cheaper.
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:50 AM   #28
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

can anyone tell me, where do you get a Car broker license? And with Broker license can you access the big USA auctions like Mannheim, and buy cars from there to sell here??

If anyone can answer that would be great.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: