Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-04-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
maroli
6th Gear Member

If anyone has used a broker to import a car from the US, how much did it cost?

Man, caribana this weekend woke me up as to how cheap cars are in the states. Everyone has something. I'm seeing Aston V8 Vantages for under 70k US, 911 GT3's for around the same. Crazy. I don't mind driving the car over, but I'd like someone to take care of the paperwork. What am I looking at?
Old 08-04-2009, 11:09 PM   #2
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
whats caribana have to do with US cars?

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
maroli
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
whats caribana have to do with US cars?
because tons of people drive up from the states and there's a disproportionate amount of nice cars
Old 08-05-2009, 04:28 AM   #4
rendered
6th Gear Member

They're all rentals or leases anyways! :p

I charge a $2000 brokerage fee normally, but my service includes everything including you being able to buy the car at wholesale. I take care of the importing, shipping, licensing and delivery to the customer!
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

that's not bad at all!

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #6
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

2000$ for everything done and dealt with, and the biggest/best part of that deal is he can get you a car at wholesale price!

In my opinion, if you can dish out a few days on you're own, you can go up and find a nice private sale and you can also handle the paperwork! It's not a hell of a lot, it's just the process and steps that need to be correct and planned out before time.
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #7
maroli
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post

I charge a $2000 brokerage fee normally, but my service includes everything including you being able to buy the car at wholesale. I take care of the importing, shipping, licensing and delivery to the customer!
what exactly is wholesale in this case? Is that for new cars? What about for used cars I see in a private sale?

regarding the 2k that sounds very reasonable. What other costs will I be looking at? So if I see a car for 65k US, and it doesn't need any modifications (when I look in the RIV list it doesn't give me any stipulations), aside from the 2k canadian I pay you, what else do I need to do/pay? Thanks
Old 08-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #8
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

Wholesale, in the sense of a used car! Private sale is a Private sale, you deal with the person for the total price, and a broker will do the rest.

RIV doesn't give specific's like that! My suggestion to you is to call the headquarters of the make you want directly and ask them for what mods need to be done for it to be admissable in Canada. Every car is different. Worst serive is probably from Benz!

But like the OP said, some crazy nice cars for cheap in the states nowadays!
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #9
maroli
6th Gear Member

oh, so I just tell the broker what I'm looking for and he'll find a car for me? Sweet. Regarding the RIV, I put the cars name in and theres this thing that comes up and says if its admissible. For example, the GT3 will need the carpet cut out over some part...and so on, but I will def do the work to find out if my car is legal. I want an Aston V8 in a couple years!
Old 08-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #10
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Quote:

Do you also take care of the locating, inspecting, and testing of the vehicle prior to importating or is there another service for that part?

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #11
rendered
6th Gear Member

It's all included! I buy every car like I'm buying it for myself. Only the best, even if I have to spend a little more, it's worth it in the end to get the best vehicle available.

There's just duty to pay, ac tax, and riv fee... We take care of the modifacations needed to register any car on Canadian soil.

And our customers win big, with the huge savings from US cars and no hassles of importing themselves.

Btw, I'm still looking around for a nice deal for the 5 choices you gave me but I'm having a hard time narrowing down what you will like best for your new convertible! We should meet up at my shop and talk about it some more
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:42 PM   #12
mudmojo
2nd Gear Member

Can you give us examples of how much of a price difference there might be between wholesale and used car mart retail prices?

E39 M5
mudmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #13
328IScreamer
6th Gear Member

I wish I would have done this instead of buying my car in Canada!!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #14
ImolaZHP
3rd Gear Member

rendered, what's the name of the dealer you own?
ImolaZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #15
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Quote:
It's all included! I buy every car like I'm buying it for myself. Only the best, even if I have to spend a little more, it's worth it in the end to get the best vehicle available.

There's just duty to pay, ac tax, and riv fee... We take care of the modifacations needed to register any car on Canadian soil.

And our customers win big, with the huge savings from US cars and no hassles of importing themselves.

Btw, I'm still looking around for a nice deal for the 5 choices you gave me but I'm having a hard time narrowing down what you will like best for your new convertible! We should meet up at my shop and talk about it some more

My wife had vetoed the 2-seater concept so it's now a four seater convertible option. PM me your shop details and we'll connect.

Stephen

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: