Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
344i
5th Gear Member

AT&T Blocks 4chan /b/

Quote:
High on the list of Things Not To Do on the World Wide Web is "hack off 4chan," the anonymous Internet message board community that blurs the line between a low-filtered Internet sounding board and launching pad for hijinks, Rickrolls, and full-scale protests. If you surfed one of the site's gateways--especially the notorious board for random posting, "/b/"--you might understand why an average person could take offense to the kinds of humor, images, and messages that get posted in upwards of 150,000 to 200,000 times each day.

Well, AT&T took offense, at least. According to numerous reports from users nationwide, the Internet Service Provider began blocking access to parts of 4chan--specifically, the img.4chan.org subdomain that's used by the /b/ message board--as early as 10 a.m. Pacific time Sunday morning. As the 4chan users began assembling online to wage their private war, Centralgadget.com was able to confirm with AT&T corporate that the company was, "currently blocking portions of the internet site 4chan.org."
http://www.pcworld.com/article/16907...nets_nest.html

This is going to be interesting LOL
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by 344i View Post
http://www.pcworld.com/article/16907...nets_nest.html

This is going to be interesting LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zzzzz.jpg (57.9 KB, 91 views)
Old 07-27-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

^^^
lmao
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

hah

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:49 PM   #5
Fel
Not Banned

I think the whole situation has calmed down.... as it turns out, none of it was intentional on AT&T's part... someone hacked (did or tried, I'm not sure which) 4chan, which sent a bunch of noise to AAT&T from 4chan's stie, which caused them to block them until they sorted it all out. It was a lot of coincidence....

If it had been legitimate, it could have been a lot worse, and not something to take lightly... China, here we come.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
Fel
Not Banned

here we go...

http://mashable.com/2009/07/27/att-unblocks-4chan/
Old 07-27-2009, 03:43 PM   #7
344i
5th Gear Member

LOL, can u imagine if it was intentional? /b/tards would take down the web.
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #8
Whip_lash
3rd Gear Member

You dont want the 4chan geeks to get angry... an army the size of hitlers would assemble.
Whip_lash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:16 PM   #9
2K6E60
5th Gear Member

Im far from a net whiz....... I've always wondered what the hell 4chan was, same with /b/.
??????
Old 07-27-2009, 09:54 PM   #10
Fel
Not Banned

^ You don't wanna know.

..but I'll tell you anyways.

4chan is a forum based on posting pictures. You post a picture, you say something, and then it goes from there. There are many different sub-forums for different topics, /b/ being the "random" sub-forum. The internet ends in /b/. It's where the dregs of the internet hang out, and they are anonymous. There are many of them, they are everywhere, and they are capable of things you can't even comprehend. Although most of their time is spent wasted on memes and lulz, once in a while they unite to do something huge so long as it catches their fancy. Take Scientology, for example. They attack it for the lulz, and why not. The scary thing is though, Scientology is very good at cutting down it's opponents, and it's having a tough time cutting down Anonymous. They are powerful!! *thunder clap*

**** the first two rules, people need to know! If AT&T had purposefully chosen to move against the dregs of /b/, I tell you we would have witnessed glorious retribution the likes of which you have never seen! Heavens would crumble, the ground would shake, and...... maybe there would be a few misleading facts about a few people the got put on a website or two, and nothing much would ever really come from it. Some fatties would turn it into a joke and laugh about it for the next 6 months.

That's what 4chan is. Don't go there unless you want some really cool high res desktop wallpapers. Or high res vaginas, whichever.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: