Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Videos and Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
Fel
Not Banned

bmwm5lover and Mystikal on the track at TMP

Finally got the video trimmed and uploaded!!

I was riding shotgun in Terry's car and tried to capture it the best I could... There is a little bit of shaky camera, but I tried my best to keep it steady despite the fact that I was getting thrown around.... Jay makes his appearance around the 1:45 mark.

Make sure you catch the very end of the video... haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Hvtvxojgo
Old 07-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
ShortShifter
Sex Wagon

Nice vid...so whats the story with Jay getting black flagged??
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Only if you have an iVag.
ShortShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #3
JunzieB
Wants more powaaa!

Nice vid capture Fel.

I was the E36 in your guys' way when Jay showed up in the vid.

I had to pull over like a nice gentleman because i knew my ass would be slowing you guys down.

Quote:
Disclaimer:The opinions expressed by JunzieB is his alone and does not reflect the opinions of Maxbimmer or any members thereof. JunzieB is not responsible for any hurt feelings that may develop during the reading of his posts.
JunzieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
Fel
Not Banned

Haha, that was you? Awesome.... yeah we were in a bit of a hurry.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

A set of track comp pads and some SS lines is in check for the e34.
Nice footage though.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #6
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

The M5 is running Brembo Slotted and HP+ Pads.
It's just a heavy mother****er and was getting pushed pretty hard, they never failed, but they were definitely working overtime. I can only imagine what would happen if I had the stockies.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:21 AM   #7
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

It just seemed like you were having to brake really early, but if you were starting to get fade then it's understandable. With stock brakes you'll have fade after a few laps of aggressive driving and you risk glazing the rotors.

And you think the e34 M5 is heavy... put 3 200lb dudes in the back and then you'll have an e39 M5 (in terms of weight) lol
Old 07-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #8
JunzieB
Wants more powaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
Haha, that was you? Awesome.... yeah we were in a bit of a hurry.
lol. After you guys passed i decided i was oing to try to keep up but then we hit the straight by the pits and i gave up. lol

Quote:
Disclaimer:The opinions expressed by JunzieB is his alone and does not reflect the opinions of Maxbimmer or any members thereof. JunzieB is not responsible for any hurt feelings that may develop during the reading of his posts.
JunzieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:20 AM   #9
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

That was a fun way to end the day! Good thing we dont have footage of Jay passing me like i was standing still...ROFL
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:00 AM   #10
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
I don't get what happened. I could just hear BS. Jay was talking something about the very last lap...
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:15 AM   #11
Fel
Not Banned

Yeah, apparently he was black flagged for "entering the track dangerously", whatever that means. He must have come on right behind us, but we didn't even notice him and there wasn't anyone really there behind us.... plus he managed to get 3 laps in before being taken off, so who knows why they really yanked him.... jealousy?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:34 AM   #12
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_M5 View Post
It just seemed like you were having to brake really early, but if you were starting to get fade then it's understandable. With stock brakes you'll have fade after a few laps of aggressive driving and you risk glazing the rotors.

And you think the e34 M5 is heavy... put 3 200lb dudes in the back and then you'll have an e39 M5 (in terms of weight) lol
I did my laps in ~5 lap segments, towards the 4-5 lap, I could feel that there was that little bit of fade, not terribly bad, but definitely feel it, the brakes never failed me, but I wanted to be cautious. They did return back to normal VERY quickly though, I must say that. Overall I am happy and confident in them.
As a side note, in some of those laps you see, I was being very careful, I haven't been on a track in like 2-3 years, and not with the M5, so I didn't want to run it off the road.

In all of those videos there were 2 or 3 adults in the vehicle(not counting me). I was never bymyself. I must say that I was very impressed with the car, the balance, the handling, the whole package was just making me feel fairly confident. I must say I need better tires, something stickier and more "worthy". LOL

Jay getting Black Flagged was utter BS. I don't think he did anything dangerous at any time.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior

Last edited by bmwm5lover; 07-27-2009 at 10:37 AM.
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #13
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Not bad for stretched 215 all-season tires, eh?

I was black flagged because one of the officials went on a power trip. Basically after 6-7 cars were already on track, she said to me "I hope you don't think you're going on the track" as she was walking up to the main gate. When I said yes, and that I (as well as everyone else who just went on the track) have a wristband and have been given the green light by the head marshall as well as Randy, she went and spoke with the other official there. In this time, I lined up behind Rob (red E30), as he was also being held up at the gate and had signed up with me. After the two officials, now together, chatted for a bit, they moved out of the way to let us go on track. I merged on track about 30 seconds after Rob, with absolutely no cars within sight on the main straight. After around 15 mins of safe lapping, the marshall black flagged me.

What it comes down to is that it appears that she really just wanted to go home, and, after realizing that has no grounds to stop our entire group from lapping, decided to do the next best thing and pull me off. Not one other car/driver were penalized for anything. It didn't make much sense, but I did get about 7 laps in at least.

To another track we go!

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #14
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
Not bad for stretched 215 all-season tires, eh?

I was black flagged because one of the officials went on a power trip. Basically after 6-7 cars were already on track, she said to me "I hope you don't think you're going on the track" as she was walking up to the main gate. When I said yes, and that I (as well as everyone else who just went on the track) have a wristband and have been given the green light by the head marshall as well as Randy, she went and spoke with the other official there. In this time, I lined up behind Rob (red E30), as he was also being held up at the gate and had signed up with me. After the two officials, now together, chatted for a bit, they moved out of the way to let us go on track. I merged on track about 30 seconds after Rob, with absolutely no cars within sight on the main straight. After around 15 mins of safe lapping, the marshall black flagged me.

What it comes down to is that it appears that she really just wanted to go home, and, after realizing that has no grounds to stop our entire group from lapping, decided to do the next best thing and pull me off. Not one other car/driver were penalized for anything. It didn't make much sense, but I did get about 7 laps in at least.

To another track we go!

Jay, the car sounds sick bro!! I love that exhaust. Come to dunnville with me this sunday.
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #15
c4sh
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveItSideways View Post
Jay, the car sounds sick bro!! I love that exhaust. Come to dunnville with me this sunday.
+1 i never knew the e36 m3 exhaust sounded so nice
c4sh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: