Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Ontario
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Where do you want Mississauga weekly meets to take place?
Dundas/403 Timmies 10 38.46%
Terry Fox/Britannia Timmies 12 46.15%
Other location 2 7.69%
Don't want Mississauga weekly meets. 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 03:12 AM   #91
birtch3
2nd Gear Member

i was there till a litle after 10 and gave up on people showing up. figured it wouldnt be going down anymore cause of the weather earlier in the day. i was with 2 other guys and then after a little while decided to leave.
let me know whos going next weekend and ill try to make it out
birtch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:37 AM   #92
pawcio
6th Gear Member

the ricers and cops make it interesting in my opinion. i don't have anything to hide. i don't bother them and they don't bother me.

there was a group of us there until 12:30AM last night. granted i came late but that's because there was bad fog up north.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #93
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 344i View Post
this is the worst meet spot ever. It is wat too busy here, too many ricers driving around like crazy and cops. I suggest we move to krispy kreme, there is too much attention here
too much attention from who?

Old 07-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #94
bimbimma
2nd Gear Member

ill be there for the 1st if its still goin down.....
bimbimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #95
344i
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawcio View Post
too much attention from who?
Your car is stock, you have nothing to worry about sure, what about the rest of us? Why make the meet in teenager, weed and a heat score plaza? From what Ive seen last night, I don t want to take my car there, ever. Some 16 yr old in a civic and a rice can is going to slam into me because he is trying to "drift" into timmies. Thanks, but no thanks.

Last edited by 344i; 07-26-2009 at 02:08 PM.
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #96
Aries
1st Gear Newbie

I like the spot, I can laugh at the all the teenage idiots when the get busted for doing stupid things like riding on the side of the Hummer or almost running into the cop car.
Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #97
sands
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Your car is stock, you have nothing to worry about sure, what about the rest of us? Why make the meet in teenager, weed and a heat score plaza? From what Ive seen last night, I don t want to take my car there, ever. Some 16 yr old in a civic and a rice can is going to slam into me because he is trying to "drift" into timmies. Thanks, but no thanks.
Wow! Just because some of us have stock cars doesn't mean we don't care about our BMWs, asshole.
If you can't stand the so called heat, don't bother coming.
Don't ruin our meet thread with such unnecessary comments.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #98
sands
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries View Post
I like the spot, I can laugh at the all the teenage idiots when the get busted for doing stupid things like riding on the side of the Hummer or almost running into the cop car.
Hehe, that's always fun,
Old 07-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #99
Singhle
1st Gear Newbie

If anything, being at that meet last night gave me even less faith in humanity...lol...

At least the BMW group was well behaved
Singhle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:14 PM   #100
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Guilty conscience? If you decided to mod you car in a way that makes you uncomfortable being seen by cops then its something you have to live with, timmies parking lots or on the street. I didn't force you to mod your car or come to the meet. Cops have driven by our meet many times and not looked twice because I can't think of a reason for them to. As long as you don't drift into the timmies I don't think you have much to worry about. We're pretty civil at the meets and personally I find the ricers quite entertaining.

I've been to the Woodbridge meet and I can distinctly remember 2 civics with fart cannons racing around the parking lot. Just as great of a chance they might run into someone there. Its just the risks we have to live with in a civic infested city.

Also, please show some respect and if you have comments or suggestions don't lash out like a big shot from behind your computer keyboard and give reasonable suggestions. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but don't go around f*cking up my thread. Thanks.

P.S. my car isn't "all stock"...and the reason its not heavily modded is because i've only had it for 3 months.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #101
344i
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands View Post
Wow! Just because some of us have stock cars doesn't mean we don't care about our BMWs, asshole.
If you can't stand the so called heat, don't bother coming.
Don't ruin our meet thread with such unnecessary comments.
Name calling is a ban-able offence. Grow up. If you care about your car so much, you would understand my post. When a 16 yr old hits your car, don t come crying on the internet. You weren t there last night and you didnt see the stupidity that was going on, like the drifting red civic sedan that almost slammed a cruiser, or the 8 16 yr olds hanging to the side of a speeding hummer that swerved around the parking lot.

Last edited by 344i; 07-26-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:01 PM   #102
344i
5th Gear Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawcio View Post
Guilty conscience? If you decided to mod you car in a way that makes you uncomfortable being seen by cops then its something you have to live with, timmies parking lots or on the street. I didn't force you to mod your car or come to the meet. Cops have driven by our meet many times and not looked twice because I can't think of a reason for them to. As long as you don't drift into the timmies I don't think you have much to worry about. We're pretty civil at the meets and personally I find the ricers quite entertaining.

I've been to the Woodbridge meet and I can distinctly remember 2 civics with fart cannons racing around the parking lot. Just as great of a chance they might run into someone there. Its just the risks we have to live with in a civic infested city.

Also, please show some respect and if you have comments or suggestions don't lash out like a big shot from behind your computer keyboard and give reasonable suggestions. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but don't go around f*cking up my thread. Thanks.

P.S. my car isn't "all stock"...and the reason its not heavily modded is because i've only had it for 3 months.
Excuse me? Pretty civil... Reading the above, i ll stick to the woodbridge meets. The only "big shot" here, is you. Enjoy your thread, and your meets, you can now officially count bmw_7,Bimmerette, Mazdarxwhat? and myself out. We ll make sure to spread the civility to other members too. Count on it.

Last edited by 344i; 07-26-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #103
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Excuse me? Pretty civil... Reading the above, i ll stick to the woodbridge meets, enjoy your thread.
maybe you misunderstood me. i meant that the people who come to the bmw meets on saturdays act civil, meaning we don't do stupid things to attract attention. if some 16 year old wants to tear around the parking lot it's their prerogative.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #104
sands
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Name calling is a ban-able offence. Grow up. If you care about your car so much, you would understand my post. When a 16 yr old hits your car, don t come crying on the internet. You weren t there last night and you didnt see the stupidity that was going on, like the drifting red civic sedan that almost slammed a cruiser, or the 8 16 yr olds hanging to the side of a speeding hummer that swerved around the parking lot.
I do care about my car, very much, just because I've left it stock does not mean I don't care about it. That was the main thing that pissed me off about your post, thus my reply. I don't pretend I'm tough shit on the internet, nor would I come crying and whining on maX about my car being hit, I'll leave that to you, since you seem to be doing a pretty good job at it already.
Quote:
Excuse me? Pretty civil... Reading the above, i ll stick to the woodbridge meets. The only "big shot" here, is you. Enjoy your thread, and your meets, you can now officially count bmw_7,Bimmerette, Mazdarxwhat? and myself out. We ll make sure to spread the civility to other members too. Count on it.
LOL! That last part cracked me up. Seriously, that made my night.
Who's the one that needs to grow up ?!

Last edited by sands; 07-26-2009 at 11:12 PM.
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:02 AM   #105
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Scott and I will try and make an appearance on saturday.

Yes I may grace you with my presence all the way from Rosseau, Ontario. I expect much love and people and attendance.
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: