Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #16
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
It's pretty interesting how much entitlement there is for driving - a privilege. I don't think there was anything diabolical involved in the original thread. I think most calm and rational people would be able to look at it and know that any cop that has the time to bother with it will put a firm fist in your anus.
Glad someone else gets it...
Old 07-23-2009, 03:43 AM   #17
E36kev
1st Gear Newbie

I got a $425 tix for having a breather where there should have been a hose. They where pulling every moded car leaving the drive in after fast and furious 2.{i know that was a while ago}. They where towing cars like crazy. But the funny thing is most street racing accidents dont involve moded cars. Its some 17-20 year old in moms and dads ride trying too be cool with there friends or it a sleeper that you wouldnt guess had anything done to it.
E36kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #18
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Your ticket you got is valid. Installing a breather in place of a hose affects the emissions your vehicle is putting out.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #19
ChrisTriple7
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36kev View Post
I got a $425 tix for having a breather where there should have been a hose. They where pulling every moded car leaving the drive in after fast and furious 2.{i know that was a while ago}. They where towing cars like crazy. But the funny thing is most street racing accidents dont involve moded cars. Its some 17-20 year old in moms and dads ride trying too be cool with there friends or it a sleeper that you wouldnt guess had anything done to it.
pullin'people after FaF drive in, now thats funny. copletly understand tho.
ChrisTriple7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #20
344i
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ View Post
Your ticket you got is valid. Installing a breather in place of a hose affects the emissions your vehicle is putting out.

LOL WUT? Please enlighten me how a breather affects emissions, since they come out an exhaust with a CATALYTIC CONVERTER. Breathers don't emit emisisons.
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #21
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 344i View Post
LOL WUT? Please enlighten me how a breather affects emissions, since they come out an exhaust with a CATALYTIC CONVERTER. Breathers don't emit emisisons.
all emissions system must be left intack and not modified, A hose is there to guild fumes back into the intake to be burn off, the breather will allow the fumes out into the atmosphere. Seems minor but its there for a reason. I cannot think of one car that has a beather on the valve cover stop that has been made in the longest time.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #22
E36kev
1st Gear Newbie

I know it was valid tix. Just a case where they still pull cars over 2cheak how legal they are and tow them when not. I personly think it harassment when they are single out our community. Cuz I dont see them pulling cars over with mufflers that are bout too fall off or the ones that are smoking going down the road. They rather give ppl who take pride in there work and who make there cars custom which isnt illegal. They give them the tix. Its just because cops are jeolous of our cars so its there way of saying f@#k you for doing better then them in life or something. But I got off the tix by buying hose same day as tix and playing stupid that i didnt know! Hose never went on and i sold the car that way. But by fare the most racing on our streets are done by cops! Ive even witnessed a drag race on southdown road between two peel cops in there cruisers! And how many times have you seen them doing twice the limit with no lights on?
Old 07-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #23
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36kev View Post
They give them the tix. Its just because cops are jeolous of our cars so its there way of saying f@#k you for doing better then them in life or something.

You are serious about the above statement?

I dont think the cop gave a fxxk what you drive, they are paid to do their job, and if any modified car is not safe based on whatever guide lines, you get a tix.

If that is your reason all high end car drivers would have gotten a tix for the cars they drove..

Doesnt make sense...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #24
alpine86
2nd Gear Member

I hope they issue massive tickets on HID without projectors cars.
alpine86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:22 PM   #25
E36kev
1st Gear Newbie

Its not about high end cars!!!! Its bout moded cars they go after and let unsafe ones go. I know ppl who drive shit boxes that have everything that could be unsafe and they never get pulled over but if you are driving a moded car they go after you if they dont like your lic plate cover.[which i got pulled over for cuz they couldnt read "yours to discover" on my Ont. plate. I know someone who has no lic, no ins, plates that dont belong to car, stole sticker and he`s been driving fine for two years.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:40 PM   #26
damameke
6th Gear Member

You got a tix because it is illegal to have a cover (tinted)over your plate, Period.

Licence Plate Covers Not Permitted
Monday July 17, 2006
CityNews.ca Staff

You may not know the tinted licence plate cover that adorns your vehicle is illegal, but ignorance of the law is no excuse, even on something so seemingly insignificant.

Rob Robinson is just one of thousands that uses a cover, and he was as shocked as any when he was stopped by police one afternoon.

"I told him I wasn't speeding and he said, 'I know ... we can't see your plate,'" recalls Robinson.

Last edited by damameke; 07-23-2009 at 11:50 PM.
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:34 AM   #27
E36kev
1st Gear Newbie

You could see it all. There was no cover just a fancy boarder that you see any car dealership put on. Even the "yours to discover" was only maybe 1/4 covered and all else was fully readable. I get pulled over weekly for lic and ins. checks. I dont recall ever being pulled over wher I drove my totally blacked out lumina which was totally illegal. Now every mod is legal and it mys well not be for how much im at the side of the road. I try too stay within the law. But sometimes they try too make stuff out of nothing!!! I know there job is hard but I think they could stop bugging the ppl who just like nice MODED cars and dont race. Im a firm believer in TAKE IT TO tHE TRACK.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:46 AM   #28
E36kev
1st Gear Newbie

Guess its just one of those things

Last edited by E36kev; 07-24-2009 at 01:48 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #29
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
I think the difference in tuners and enthusiasts being singled out from their perspective is that we tuners and enthusiasts spend and go out of our way to make changes to our vehilcles that are illegal or in a gray area of the law. Whereas people with exhausts that are hanging and other lack of maintenance, is probably due to lack of budget on the owner or not caring. Either way, it's not as "intentional" as modders.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: