Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #1
J.Mcilmoyle
2nd Gear Grease Monkey

motor help please

hey i got a 1987 325e and the motor was all tore apart and im trying to put it back together and it all done i have teo small coolant line one line form the charcole canister and for some reason the main fuel line is "t"ed off if anyone could give me and ideas where these might go that would eb much apresheated
thanks jeff
J.Mcilmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
InfiniteDice
14 Years with the E30

Should be 2 lines coming up from under the car. One is the return from the tank and the other is the fuel feed line.

One feeds the fuel rail, and one goes to the FPR to control fuel pressure.

The charcoal canister is connected to the bottom of the throttle body (if i can remember correctly).

The 'e' car is set up a bit different than the 'i' cars.

Performance one step at a time.

Last edited by InfiniteDice; 07-21-2009 at 10:59 AM.
InfiniteDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:45 AM   #3
Magical24
2nd Gear Member

my 89 325i has 3 lines under the car and the one closest to the outside is rusted threw i belive its the break line does anyone know a place that could do this replacement for me around mississauga or oakville area
Magical24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:56 AM   #4
Brent
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical24 View Post
my 89 325i has 3 lines under the car and the one closest to the outside is rusted threw i belive its the break line does anyone know a place that could do this replacement for me around mississauga or oakville area
The same thing just happened to me, in my case it was the brake line. There is a thread on this from a couple of days ago. I took my car to Top Series Auto, ask for David:

Top Series Auto
50 Silver Star
Toronto, ON M1V 4W3
(416) 291-0770

They're at Midland and Finch in Scarborough. It was $300 for the brake line, and $300 for the fuel lines (2)-Total $600. Other places quoted me up to $400 per line so it was worth getting it towed there ($50 for hook up and $2.50 a km). Be prepared to spend a little extra-a mechanic may find some other repairs while it is torn apart.

Sorry to highjack the thread, I just dealt with this this week so I thought I should answer the specific question.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #5
InfiniteDice
14 Years with the E30

I did all my brake lines before, not very fun. Fuel lines are relatively easy, except where they go up over the tank...

Performance one step at a time.
InfiniteDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #6
J.Mcilmoyle
2nd Gear Grease Monkey

thanks guys its i got it all back together just gotta get it all painted and ill have pics up
J.Mcilmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: