Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-16-2009, 12:29 AM   #16
NateoriouS
Nateorious C.A.G

After reading your thread.. I can only leave you with this...

I've dealt with VFC and I work alongside a company that deals solely with bad credit customers.. so VFC and Scotia Advantage are the primary lien holders they deal with.

To be quite honest with you, I don't foresee the VFC making up false fee's and charges, however mistakes are common. I do work with other lien holders and when dealing with payouts, credit bureaus and loans.. I encounter all kinds of outstanding fees that the customer doesn't even know is on their file. Usually, it was something that the customer forgot to pay and was just left outstanding for a long time, in which it was forgotten. But, in other cases their are mistakes. Possibly your girlfriend has missed a few things when signing her contract or on the other hand maybe it is a mistake. Either way, don't just ignore it.. get to the bottom of it. VFC is for people with bad credit or sometimes VERY new credit i.e. immigrants, signing for 2 - 5 year terms between 13 - 30% interest. If indeed she has paid her payments on time for a few years, this shows signs of good credit. VFC is meant exactly for that, pay your payments on time and get a better car with a lower approved interest rate and lien holder later.

Anyway, don't let them re-po the car. It will screw up her credit BAD. VFC repo's on credit bureau's are BAADDDDD news.

Get her to call back VFC, and get to the bottom of it. Note: the nicer you are to them, the nicer they will be back to you. They deal with all kinds of bs, lies, and sympathy stories all day... sometimes in order for them to look into it accordingly, they just need to hear a fresh voice.

Hope this helps.

'88 E30 325i sold
'88 E30 325i 2.7 stroker sold
'95 E36 318i sold
'94 E36 325ic Cabriolet sold
'87 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II sold
'96 E36 328i Cabriolet - sold
'92 Mazda Miata Black Nardi Edition sold
'98 E36 M3 Cabriolet -

"Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a BEAMER" ... ... Lightning McQueen

Last edited by NateoriouS; 07-16-2009 at 12:33 AM.
NateoriouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:06 AM   #17
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince View Post
I hope you don't plan on marrying her because she'll **** your credit score up. !
I did not see this one coming. What does this got to do with anything?
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:49 AM   #18
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
I wish I'd been with her when she was buying the car so she wouldn't have had to deal with crooks like these. Since her credit is already ****ed I'm wondering if the easiest way out of this would be to just let them take the car, but I'm sure it's not that easy. Any feedback/advice is appreciated!
Have her declare bankrupcy, it's the only way to stop the calls (other than paying the bill)
Old 07-16-2009, 09:21 AM   #19
sands
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
So let me get this straight. Your gf has bad credit, can only get financing through a company like VFC Leasing, and is still late with payments? I hope you don't plan on marrying her because she'll **** your credit score up. This company sounds shady and sounds like they are trying to rip her off, but if she religiously paid on time, she wouldn't have an issue. Idea...preauthorize the payments and make sure her acct has money to cover! That way no abusive phone calls and absurd charges!
WOW, prick. What the hell does this have to do with anything?!
The guy was asking for some simple advice about a loan, not his relationship. You have no right whatsoever judging his woman like that, and whoever the hell he decides to end up with is up to him.

Last edited by sands; 07-16-2009 at 09:24 AM.
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #20
sands
3rd Gear Member

And Nick, can she get it refinanced through another company maybe?

Last edited by sands; 07-16-2009 at 09:25 AM.
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:26 AM   #21
2slow2race
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I hope you don't plan on marrying her because she'll **** your credit score up.
i dont know what to say to this that wont get me banned.
douche comes into mind thou.
2slow2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #22
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Let's put it this way.

If you love the girl, and marriage is in the future, help the girl get back on track with good credit. If you don't, it will be rough.

First step is to try and work it out with VFC.

At the same time, I would try to find out your current buyout for the Sunfire.
Take that number and try to force a new car dealership to pay that as a trade-in value towards a newer car, to get rid of this Sunfire.

Stick with a loan from a conventional bank.
You might want to get a GM, Ford or Chrysler, who would tend to give away their new/newer cars right now.
Now may not be the time to look for a Jap/German car; they are not hurting as bad, and their interest rates are not that low.
Take advantage of the position the big three dealerships are in.

.... good luck with this. I would try to help her get out of VFC legally, by buying the car out and moving into a conventional loan company.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:09 AM   #23
VSanj
6th Gear Member

usually these types of places have a killer penalty if u try to buy out of the term early......
Old 07-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #24
damameke
6th Gear Member

Nick V..

go with Rendered's advice, from his experience, he would be the best
person to assist you and your gf in the next course of option.
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #25
rendered
6th Gear Member

^^^ thank you! Dtthiaga's advice is excellent as well! Might be best to trade in a gm product at a GM dealership because they're hurting to sell new, but you have to get them to pay up to the total payout value for your trade in value. And there's tax savings there as well with a trade in.

Vsanj also makes a valid point, there might be silly penaltys to pay if the deal is paid out early, but hopefully not.

Just make sure you help her pick out a half decent car this time around and get her the lowest payment possible for the shortest term and she'll be fine in the future.

There are also special credit card's she can get that report good activity to equifax and transunion Every month to re-establish her credit asap.

If she still can't get approved, I'd recommend kings of credit. I've sent a lot of friends and customers there when I can't get them approved through banks, and have had nothing but great results and good feedback!

Lol @ sandy! I really enjoy how you tell it like it is!

Last edited by rendered; 07-16-2009 at 02:12 PM.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #26
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

thanks for the advice guys. pretty much in line with my own thoughts on how to handle this situation, but it sucks because the buyout is gonna be at least a grand more than what I think we could get for the car. So even though I can get her a real loan (my credit is very good. BEACON score close to 800), we'll have to eat it a little.

Now get this: Amy phoned VFC today to find out what the buyout was and the guy on the phone said he could find no additional fees owing on her account. How ****ed is that? From being told she owed $700 to nothing in 24 hours. So all of a sudden things don't seem so bad for her, but I think it's still wise to get out now. Honestly, I know some of you reading this might think we're out to lunch and that this all sounds ridiculous, but it's 100% true. That's why I started this thread - just to see if more people would come forward saying, "yeah, they bent me over/ ****ed me around too." You get different info depending on the time of day, who you talk to, etc., so it all seems a bit too shady for me.
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #27
europrince
6th Gear Member

dude, get out and get car quick on your beacon score if you want to. good luck.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: