Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #31
rendered
6th Gear Member

everyone is in a different boat but I'd say focus on your life and establishing a healthy small business after school before you decide to change your life around just for love.

Remember, you can't have a happy healthy relationship with someone and make that significant other happy untill you're happy yourself!

On the other hand, you could start doing market research in Owen sound and see what they're in dire need up there for... Then start the small business up right away...

Does she live at home with her family?
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:48 PM   #32
xlash
Still learning....

Thanks rendered. I'll probably never have as many cars as you do but I will say that what I want to do is start up my business for sure. Working for someone else is just not for me. I'll commence with the market research this Saturday.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #33
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Good luck finding a good job. My cousin lives there and works at the Goodyear plant.. Its most likly going to be closing.. Alot of people are going to be out of work.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #34
rendered
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlash View Post
Thanks rendered. I'll probably never have as many cars as you do but I will say that what I want to do is start up my business for sure. Working for someone else is just not for me. I'll commence with the market research this Saturday.
I agree with you on working for someone else. Naturally it's just in some peoples blood to make a fortune through their own businesses. Any ideas yet on what you'd like to establish? Or still too early to know?

You have to start somewhere... We all did. I don't look at cars the same because of the business I got myself into. I could care less about what I drive these days, it all comes down to the profit made off of every shitbox I own. They're all depreciating shit boxes in the end... It's the $$$$$ we all seem to really enjoy the most. The $, The root of all evil.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #35
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
This is nothing new. I have seen many times when some chick would marry some guy for status and have a partner on a side. Some of them do it because they can control the guy so bad. Some of them get married because they fear that her age is coming up for marriage. Also you have to be very naive to think everything will get better. When you get older with her, she would find some younger guy to please her on regular basis. As you may notice, this kind of behaviour does not come at age of 40... It was in her blood ever since...

My advise would be:

I would first man up and face the facts.
Eliminate any risk by dumping her.
Move on.

Also I would not look down on Scarborough while at the same time moving up north. If you can fetch some serious cash, Scarborough has its jewls. It is just the media propaganda that make it look so bad. This is done for the reasons to cover up crime rate in Western part of Toronto. It all comes from our mayors and other big fish that have all the strings in their hands. Trust me.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #36
xlash
Still learning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
I agree with you on working for someone else. Naturally it's just in some peoples blood to make a fortune through their own businesses. Any ideas yet on what you'd like to establish? Or still too early to know?

You have to start somewhere... We all did. I don't look at cars the same because of the business I got myself into. I could care less about what I drive these days, it all comes down to the profit made off of every shitbox I own. They're all depreciating shit boxes in the end... It's the $$$$$ we all seem to really enjoy the most. The $, The root of all evil.
You're absolutely right. If business isn't in my blood then too bad. But until I take a crack or two at it I won't know.

Yes I do have a couple of ideas but I'd like to go with the recession proof one that is bound to get consumers in th door. It does require a lot of work but that's fine, diligence never bothered me. I'll need to have a partner for the operations side of things but I can manage the marketing, finance and HR depts.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:45 PM   #37
sands
3rd Gear Member

Money and women, the root of all evil
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #38
xlash
Still learning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
This is nothing new. I have seen many times when some chick would marry some guy for status and have a partner on a side. Some of them do it because they can control the guy so bad. Some of them get married because they fear that her age is coming up for marriage. Also you have to be very naive to think everything will get better. When you get older with her, she would find some younger guy to please her on regular basis. As you may notice, this kind of behaviour does not come at age of 40... It was in her blood ever since...

My advise would be:

I would first man up and face the facts.
Eliminate any risk by dumping her.
Move on.

Also I would not look down on Scarborough while at the same time moving up north. If you can fetch some serious cash, Scarborough has its jewls. It is just the media propaganda that make it look so bad. This is done for the reasons to cover up crime rate in Western part of Toronto. It all comes from our mayors and other big fish that have all the strings in their hands. Trust me.
LOL I hardly doubt my gf is marrying me for status or potential. She loves animals and under privileged children. All she wants to do at the moment is start a sanctuary for abandoned animals and adopt a kid which I am sure she could do without a guy in her life. She's never tried to control me either except when it involved other girls. She's encouraged me to move up there to Owen Sound but she'll understand and adjust if I stayed here. The problem is she doesn't have a lot of options so telling her to move puts her in a much bigger bind than it does me.

Now whether things are going to continue getting better is something that's beyond my ability to comprehend. All I know is it's getting better NOW and it has over the last 3 weeks since we got back together. Hell, even she feels more confident about us than I do. Your advice is sound and I would go with it the moment I suspect inevitable disloyalty and betray of trust.

I do agree about the Scarborough bit but since I don't live there I can't really say for sure that it's as bad as they make it sound. I always get the impression that Toronto people care a lot less about the west end than they do about the east. Maybe it's just me.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #39
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
If you can fetch some serious cash, Scarborough has its jewls.
??? What? Where?
Old 07-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #40
xlash
Still learning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands View Post
We had a debate in high school and the topic was "money is the root of all evil". Our team was the opposition. My best friend was going through a horrible breakup so I changed my speech to include mostly drugs and women without telling anybody. I got the biggest round of applause during and after my speech. I ended up coming dead last and my trainer was pissed out of her mind for some of my explicit content. Everybody still remembers that speech after nearly 15 years. Might have also garnered some crushes from the girls.

Just thought I'd share that.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #41
xlash
Still learning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin View Post
??? What? Where?
He better not be talking about family jewels.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #42
lvan
6th Gear Member

I hope everything works out for you. I was warned before and I could tell on my own. If you make a mistake when you get married , nothing will help you.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #43
lvan
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin View Post
??? What? Where?
Do a research on your own.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #44
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands View Post
correction........the LOVE of money and women is the root of all evil!
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #45
xlash
Still learning....

Quote:
I hope everything works out for you. I was warned before and I could tell on my own. If you make a mistake when you get married , nothing will help you.
Thanks you! In that case note to self - delay marriage for as long as possible. Easier done than said.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: