Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Anyone dealt with VFC Leasing?

Back before I got with my gf she got a car but she had bad credit so she had to get financing through VFC. I've only ever dealt with real banks for loans, so the shit she's telling me they're doing to her is blowing my mind. They call almost every day (she ignores them). Then today they sent a threatening letter, so finally today she got fed up and called them.

They told her she owes them $700 in NSF fees, which is absurd because she wires them the money every month. So she pointed that out to the girl on the phone and got put on hold. She comes back and says, "Ok, it's actually from a missed payment from January." So my girl says, "Actually, I arranged to defer that payment and paid a fee to do so." Put on hold again. Girl comes back and goes, "Ok I found what it is - you had four NSF charges in a row from back in 2006." Again, Amy says, "I've never missed or been late on a payment without reporting it, and I've never signed up to make pre-authorized payments with your company, so how is this possible? Plus, if NSF charges are only $75 and there were only four of them, how does this add up to $700, and on top of that, if I'm such a bad customer, how have you guys not repo-ed my car yet?"

So I guess after that the girl on the phone just said she didn't know but that the money was due and had to be paid immediately. So Amy politely wished her good luck getting the money from her and hung up. The crazy thing is that they were harassing her back in December saying her account was past due, so she payed what they said she owed and was told that everything was squared up. She mentioned that to the girl today and got "Well I don't know who you talked to but he was wrong." What the **** kind of answer is that!?!?

My questions: 1)How can a company try to completely fabricate fees and extra charges and expect people to just pay up? and 2) Has anyone else had an experience like this? Is this common?

I wish I'd been with her when she was buying the car so she wouldn't have had to deal with crooks like these. Since her credit is already ****ed I'm wondering if the easiest way out of this would be to just let them take the car, but I'm sure it's not that easy. Any feedback/advice is appreciated!
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
What car is it just so we have an idea if it is worth having a headache?
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
europrince
6th Gear Member

So let me get this straight. Your gf has bad credit, can only get financing through a company like VFC Leasing, and is still late with payments? I hope you don't plan on marrying her because she'll **** your credit score up. This company sounds shady and sounds like they are trying to rip her off, but if she religiously paid on time, she wouldn't have an issue. Idea...preauthorize the payments and make sure her acct has money to cover! That way no abusive phone calls and absurd charges!
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
mirek
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince View Post
So let me get this straight. Your gf has bad credit, can only get financing through a company like VFC Leasing, and is still late with payments? I hope you don't plan on marrying her because she'll **** your credit score up. This company sounds shady and sounds like they are trying to rip her off, but if she religiously paid on time, she wouldn't have an issue. Idea...preauthorize the payments and make sure her acct has money to cover! That way no abusive phone calls and absurd charges!
What gives you the right to tell him who he should and shouldn't marry? ****ing prick, this coming from the guy who married a mail order bride?
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #5
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirek View Post
What gives you the right to tell him who he should and shouldn't marry? ****ing prick, this coming from the guy who married a mail order bride?
Dude, STFU. Did I touch a nerve?
Old 07-15-2009, 04:58 PM   #6
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Maybe the chick just needs some financial course to get her game straight. We had this in HS days.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
344i
5th Gear Member

Quote:
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:20 PM   #8
mirek
6th Gear Member

Quote:
nope, Did I?
Old 07-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #9
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I'm talking late by a day, maybe twice in 3 or more years. Nothing to justify the kind of shit she is being served up. And the thread was not called "what's the secret to successfully repaying a loan?", so you can take your sage advice somewhere else. Come on buddy, you must think we're both a couple of morons if you're offering, "make sure you have money in your accout to cover the payment," as a response. The question was whether or not, despite making the payments, anyone else has been ripped off by VFC.

And to touch on the marriage comment - I would think that if you loved someone of many redeeming qualities and wanted to marry her but her credit score was the deal-breaker, then that says a lot more about you than it does her.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:05 PM   #10
rendered
6th Gear Member

They're all crooks! Doesn't surprise me. Any leasing company in ontario are crooks scamming people and their customers. I see it quite often.

Depending on the car, her current credit score, and the amount of secured/unsecured debt, she has a few options.

I'd request an amortization schedule from them, reciets for all payments made, and current total payout for the lease. Then you can take it from there. Best option would be to sell the car and payout the lease.

On the other hand, if you want to cause them as much trouble as they're causing your gf, then call them up and make them clear everything up and get it all in writing faxed to you that she's up to date and owes nothing in fees... If they are dicking her around you can threaten to report them to omvic and the BBB, and they'll possibly lose their license to lease and operate if matters aren't cleared up today.

I could go on and on but hopefully you get the point.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #11
mirek
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
And to touch on the marriage comment - I would think that if you loved someone of many redeeming qualities and wanted to marry her but her credit score was the deal-breaker, then that says a lot more about you than it does her.
edited, dont want to get banned.

Last edited by mirek; 07-15-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:37 PM   #12
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Quote:
You should see his wife! Initially she was not that good looking, he bought her for a couple hundred pesos in Tijuana, invested 5k in tits, and she's still not hot. Kinda like buying a rotted e36 318, and dropped an s52...
lol.

thanks, rendered, for your on-topic response. I immediately thought of selling the car to pay out the loan and get her into something a little cooler than a Sunfire. We take it up to the cottage sometimes to save on gas but the thing is just pathetic to drive. I'm thinking about an Impreza 2.5RS - I know a few people that have them and they're fun to drive with decent power, AWD for winter fun, and pretty damn reliable too, just going by what I've seen personally.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #13
mirek
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
lol.

thanks, rendered, for your on-topic response. I immediately thought of selling the car to pay out the loan and get her into something a little cooler than a Sunfire. We take it up to the cottage sometimes to save on gas but the thing is just pathetic to drive. I'm thinking about an Impreza 2.5RS - I know a few people that have them and they're fun to drive with decent power, AWD for winter fun, and pretty damn reliable too, just going by what I've seen personally.

damn it, thought i edited it before anyone could see, i'm no longer responsible for the quote, cause i tried to delete it.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:50 PM   #14
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
damn it, thought i edited it before anyone could see, i'm no longer responsible for the quote, cause i tried to delete it.
bro, my wife is of European descent, not Mexican. you obviously know nothing about my wife and I.

perhaps I was overly harsh and perhaps I overstepped the boundary, but I know the following: 50% of marriages end in divorce, and most of those are over money issues. this girl is financial irresponsible, so the odds are against you. be ass pissed as you want with me. facts are facts. love is great, but if there are money issues, watch out!

this girl ****ed up her credit so bad that a bank won't look at her, so she has to go to a second rate shop. she's late on several payments on a high interest loan and then she's surprised why she's getting collection calls. really? I know nothing about this outfit, but I do know that there are three sides to every story: one person's, the other person's and the true somewhere in the middle. we only know one side here. the girl has a legally binding contract that spells out the interest rate and any fees associated with late payments, nsf, etc etc. anything outside that is unenforcable and perhaps fraud. first, the contract should be reread thoroughly. second, the company should explain any fees on paper. third, any apparantly fraudulent or deceptive contact from the company should be reported to the BBB or whatever.

My wife and I both work in the financial services field, so I always preach financial knowledge and responsibility.

Last edited by europrince; 07-15-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #15
rendered
6th Gear Member

What is her lease payment?

Subaru would be a good option... I have some other great ideas as well to get her out of this mess she got herself into.

Problem is the sunfire's are worth nothing these days. So she probably owes more than what her car is worth.

Do you know the interest rate or monthly payment amount? PM me if you'd like. I'll see what I can do.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: