Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Anyone dealt with VFC Leasing?

Back before I got with my gf she got a car but she had bad credit so she had to get financing through VFC. I've only ever dealt with real banks for loans, so the shit she's telling me they're doing to her is blowing my mind. They call almost every day (she ignores them). Then today they sent a threatening letter, so finally today she got fed up and called them.

They told her she owes them $700 in NSF fees, which is absurd because she wires them the money every month. So she pointed that out to the girl on the phone and got put on hold. She comes back and says, "Ok, it's actually from a missed payment from January." So my girl says, "Actually, I arranged to defer that payment and paid a fee to do so." Put on hold again. Girl comes back and goes, "Ok I found what it is - you had four NSF charges in a row from back in 2006." Again, Amy says, "I've never missed or been late on a payment without reporting it, and I've never signed up to make pre-authorized payments with your company, so how is this possible? Plus, if NSF charges are only $75 and there were only four of them, how does this add up to $700, and on top of that, if I'm such a bad customer, how have you guys not repo-ed my car yet?"

So I guess after that the girl on the phone just said she didn't know but that the money was due and had to be paid immediately. So Amy politely wished her good luck getting the money from her and hung up. The crazy thing is that they were harassing her back in December saying her account was past due, so she payed what they said she owed and was told that everything was squared up. She mentioned that to the girl today and got "Well I don't know who you talked to but he was wrong." What the **** kind of answer is that!?!?

My questions: 1)How can a company try to completely fabricate fees and extra charges and expect people to just pay up? and 2) Has anyone else had an experience like this? Is this common?

I wish I'd been with her when she was buying the car so she wouldn't have had to deal with crooks like these. Since her credit is already ****ed I'm wondering if the easiest way out of this would be to just let them take the car, but I'm sure it's not that easy. Any feedback/advice is appreciated!
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: