Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-02-2003, 04:31 PM   #1
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

Talking Buahahah...even more news: BMW to make cars in booming China.

ehhhh no coments here....lol i wanna see urs first lol

http://www.autonews.com/news.cms?newsId=4921
Old 04-02-2003, 08:17 PM   #2
SickFinga

I think that my next car is Porsche or Mercedes.
that's what I think.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 08:38 PM   #3
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
That's dumb
Arent the Chinese communists ?

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan
///Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:12 PM   #4
Dave 325i
4th Gear Member

Ehn - BMW needs to sell 'dem cars. Toyota, Honda, Volkswagen, already have deals like that.

Don't worry, DaimlerChrysler won't be far behind ...
Dave 325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:41 PM   #5
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

i didnt read the whole thing, but arent only the cars, BMW's that are gonna be sold in China gonna be made in China?

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 01:30 AM   #6
pAnTeRa_318i
2nd Gear Member

BWW = "Bayerische" Motoren Werke

All I can say is BMW should stay "BAYERISCHE". Might as well call it CMW if it is made in China.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:36 AM   #7
pAnTeRa_318i
2nd Gear Member

BTW

Does anyone know BAVARIAN MOTORS located on Woodbine just north of Frankie tomato's and right next to Mandarin? I think the main intersection is woodbine and john st. , not 100% sure about that tho. Anyways, the reason i ask is cuz i've been in that place and everytime i go i c Bimmers being striped and roll cages being installed. They had some sick E30's with the wide bodies and roll cages
Old 04-03-2003, 01:44 AM   #8
Alezone
Capitalism

IMO, it doesn't matter who make the cars, none of our cars are made/bulit from Germany from scratch. China is for sure has the biggest potential to be the biggest market in the near future. In fact, if BMW can have its own shares in this big market, we'll benefit from it as well.
In addition, BMW is one of a few auto makers who can stand alone by itself nowadays, if it doesn't expand its market and lower the cost like what is happening, who knows it won't be another MercedesBenz and got swallowed by the auto giants? I don't want to have engine powered by ford...
Oh yea...... BMW has reputation of quality control, I'm sure some good techicians and identical machines (as the one in Germany and wherever BMW is being built) will be used.
And for our benefits... we'll have more options for parts and stuff... isn't it great?

Jeep
Wrangler Sahara 2015
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited by Alezone; 04-03-2003 at 01:48 AM.
Alezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 03:03 AM   #9
bart320i
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Alezone
IMO, it doesn't matter who make the cars, none of our cars are made/bulit from Germany from scratch. China is for sure has the biggest potential to be the biggest market in the near future. In fact, if BMW can have its own shares in this big market, we'll benefit from it as well.
In addition, BMW is one of a few auto makers who can stand alone by itself nowadays, if it doesn't expand its market and lower the cost like what is happening, who knows it won't be another MercedesBenz and got swallowed by the auto giants? I don't want to have engine powered by ford...
Oh yea...... BMW has reputation of quality control, I'm sure some good techicians and identical machines (as the one in Germany and wherever BMW is being built) will be used.
And for our benefits... we'll have more options for parts and stuff... isn't it great?
Mercedes didn't get swalled up. It bought Chrysler. another China has very cheap labour cost thus reduction in over build quality. I'd rather have a german factory stamp on my bimmer rather than some chinease factory. We pay premium prices for our bimmers wouldn't we rather get our money worth. Thats why honda's are so cheap cause they pay thier employees like $2.00 per hour and have high reject rates. Remember reject rates, build quality, and materials costs are all tied in to location of plants, worker satisfaction, plant management. If they start building plants in asia they will see it profitable to use cheap parts for korea, indonesia. This will cause a whole chain reaction of money saving businesses for sproute out in asia to supply BMW with cheap parts due to more low labour, materials costs, shipping costs and other costs. I see this as very bad move on BMW's part because they will be built with lower standards typical of asian products. Soon you will start seeing companies like Koni or tokico as OEM supplier rather than Bilstien, Boge or Bosch. if you ask me that sucks hardcore and believe if you study business analysis you will see this coming. if BMW makes this move start buying up shares of asian auto parts suppliers and make some cash so you can buy a better quality benz or audi

Last edited by bart320i; 04-03-2003 at 03:12 AM.
bart320i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 03:29 AM   #10
Alezone
Capitalism

Quote:
Originally posted by bart320i
Mercedes didn't get swalled up. It bought Chrysler. another China has very cheap labour cost thus reduction in over build quality. I'd rather have a german factory stamp on my bimmer rather than some chinease factory. We pay premium prices for our bimmers wouldn't we rather get our money worth. Thats why honda's are so cheap cause they pay thier employees like $2.00 per hour and have high reject rates. Remember reject rates, build quality, and materials costs are all tied in to location of plants, worker satisfaction, plant management. If they start building plants in asia they will see it profitable to use cheap parts for korea, indonesia. This will cause a whole chain reaction of money saving businesses for sproute out in asia to supply BMW with cheap parts due to more low labour, materials costs, shipping costs and other costs. I see this as very bad move on BMW's part because they will be built with lower standards typical of asian products. Soon you will start seeing companies like Koni or tokico as OEM supplier rather than Bilstien, Boge or Bosch. if you ask me that sucks hardcore and believe if you study business analysis you will see this coming. if BMW makes this move start buying up shares of asian auto parts suppliers and make some cash so you can buy a better quality benz or audi
The chain reaction that u're talking about is not entirely right. If you take a look at the clothing industry, maybe u'll think about what you've said. Do you consider Italian clothing has the highest quality? and do u know that some of the BEST clothing are being produced in China? you call might call them sweatshop, and think it WILL affect the quality of the product, it actually just affect the BRAND value, not the physical quality. Back to the auto industry, our cars are not ferraris or lambos, they're not hand built but with giant automated arms and computer to build. German cars are no doubt has higher quality than the others, and I do think that it'll continue. People in china are buying BMWs are because of it's quality and prestige value just like you and me, if the quality of BMW drops, you think it's gonna sell in China?
And the business analysis thing, I take International Business and Marketing.

Jeep
Wrangler Sahara 2015
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Alezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 03:45 AM   #11
bart320i
6th Gear Member

Yes chinese people will still buy the same products. It is a well known fact that the asian market is easily conviced with savy advertising efforts. There is a new fad in asia every day and alot of demographic article I have read about the asian market with regards to high end products suggest that asians are swayed by status than anything else. With regards to what you said about italian clothing having the best quality. Yes it does. Italian clothes are made by companies with a low quantity/high profit strategy in mind thus having no choice but to make the highest quality products available. Do you think customer in New York or L.A. are paying $500 for a pair of pants of lesser quality than an asian made product, I don't think so. Asia has low labour and product cost. Asia has no choice but to have a high out put economy since they won't make money any other way. But we are not taking about clothing since it's a much less complicated product than automobiles
Old 04-03-2003, 03:55 AM   #12
qimis
Mr. Euro E30

i guess maXBIMMER will be maXAUDI / maXMERCEDES / maXPORSCHE in couple years ... or maXBimmerOldSkool
Old 04-03-2003, 04:17 PM   #13
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
I think that my next car is Porsche or Mercedes.
that's what I think.
im with you man...
FastM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 06:11 PM   #14
Gamite

The cars built in china will most likely be for the asian market. So I dont see how that would affect your buying decision.

the X5 is built in the U.S, does that mean u wouldnt buy an X5?

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 01:28 AM   #15
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite
The cars built in china will most likely be for the asian market. So I dont see how that would affect your buying decision.

the X5 is built in the U.S, does that mean u wouldnt buy an X5?
Arent the Zs made in the US also?!
Still the X5 is high quality and high performance!

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan
///Milk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: