Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
mazdaRXwhat
2nd Gear Member

Question BMW Individual sill plates

Hey..just wondering is $300+ USD too much for BMW Individual sill plates, brand new?
mazdaRXwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #2
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
for fronts only?....average...they are expensive
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
mazdaRXwhat
2nd Gear Member

no its all 4..i know the retail up in the 4 figures if i remember correctly...
Old 07-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
That's not bad...sell me your M ones when you get these (if you have them )
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #5
Fel
Not Banned

Is your car an Individual? (I would assume not, seeing as you don't already have the sills...)

Why are you after these? Cool factor? Isn't it a little like sticking an M badge on a non-M?
Old 07-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
what so special about these door sills? have any pics, when I had my 540 it had door sills that had BMW stamped on it, I notice some other models doesn't have anything stamped on.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #7
mazdaRXwhat
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myndgone View Post
That's not bad...sell me your M ones when you get these (if you have them )
nah man sorry mine are just regular BMW stampped
Old 07-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #8
mazdaRXwhat
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
Is your car an Individual? (I would assume not, seeing as you don't already have the sills...)

Why are you after these? Cool factor? Isn't it a little like sticking an M badge on a non-M?
well i dunno if Id call it for the cool factor or not..i think its cool cuz its different..thats what im going for. As for an 'M' violation..the door sills dont ad or change the performance of the vehicle....so, id say no..that its not the same as throwing an M badge on a non M bimmer
Old 07-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #9
344i
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdaRXwhat View Post
well i dunno if Id call it for the cool factor or not..i think its cool cuz its different..thats what im going for. As for an 'M' violation..the door sills dont ad or change the performance of the vehicle....so, id say no..that its not the same as throwing an M badge on a non M bimmer
LOL individual has nothing to do with M. There is nothing wrong with putting on individual trim. Rxwhat?'s car is a M-package as well, so , umm, explain to me how thats a M- violation.
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #10
mazdaRXwhat
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 344i View Post
LOL individual has nothing to do with M. There is nothing wrong with putting on individual trim. Rxwhat?'s car is a M-package as well, so , umm, explain to me how thats a M- violation.
Im talking performance wise...its not like i have a 528 and am slapping M badges on it. I could concievably put M badges on my 540i cuz of the M package..but me thinks the BMW individual is more suiting considering what I have planned for it
Old 07-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #11
344i
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Im talking performance wise...its not like i have a 528 and am slapping M badges on it. I could concievably put M badges on my 540i cuz of the M package..but me thinks the BMW individual is more suiting considering what I have planned for it
Exactly.
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #12
mazdaRXwhat
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Exactly.
man yer quick...
Old 07-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #13
summit425
Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post

who cares? it's his car and we have nothing to say even if he put thousands of M badge on his car.

Door sill looks good especially if you can get LED door sill. I was in the market of BMW Power or BMW performance with LED illuminated and it costs me as much as $300 USD.

Well if you have money for them, go for it! (even though the wiring requires you to drill several holes on your car body.
summit425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #14
mazdaRXwhat
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by summit425 View Post
who cares? it's his car and we have nothing to say even if he put thousands of M badge on his car.

Door sill looks good especially if you can get LED door sill. I was in the market of BMW Power or BMW performance with LED illuminated and it costs me as much as $300 USD.

Well if you have money for them, go for it! (even though the wiring requires you to drill several holes on your car body.
Thanks for the props Summit! These are just the sills that sit on the bottom frame under the door. I already have LED's in all 4 doors and rear pillars
Old 07-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #15
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
what so special about these door sills? have any pics, when I had my 540 it had door sills that had BMW stamped on it, I notice some other models doesn't have anything stamped on.
They say "BMW Individual" instead of just "BMW". That's about it.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be an ass or anything... I'm asking as a serious question.

I know what you're saying about performance. Hell, I have some M-parts in my regular E30. My shift knob and steering wheel both have an M-stamp, but they were bought for the sake of the part and what it contributed to the car. I would not, however, put "M3" on the back of my trunk lid, or buy any part that was identical to it's replacement save for the fact that it has "M3" or "M Power" or something written on it. There are parts that have benefits, and there are parts for show.

In my mind, the "BMW Individual" markings are for a very specific type of car. It comes with a meaning attached to it. In a way, putting "Individual" door sills is misrepresenting what your car is. If you have some wild plans for the car that will set it apart, and you feel that the Individual would help the look... by all means go for it. I'm only expressing an opinion.

Quote:
Like I said, it's misrepresentation.

If he has a 540 with an M package, sure he could stick an M logo somewhere and no one would think twice. I wouldn't expect him to stick an "M5" badge on the back of it, however, because it means something different.

Same with the Individual program... it's for a specific line of cars that BMW produced, and a car either is or is not a BMW Individual car. If he puts the door sills on, and someone walks up and says "Hey, is that a BMW Individual", his answer would have to be no.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: