Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #16
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Hey man, putting in the angel eye is not a huge deal. If you actually feel like driving to Toronto come by with a beer and we'll do it. I recently took apart my lights completely, removed angel eyes, and did some other things.

Running without the back covers is not too good of an idea as engine dust and dirt will slowly get into the headlights.

As for the condensation, the lights are still new and they may have too much moisture in there that will slowly equilibrate with the environment the car is in now. I.E., some of it will slowly evaporate. Apart from some metal clips holding the glass front end of the lights to the backing, they are not sealed. I actually forgot to put on the bottom clips when I re-installed the lights lol...I'll put em on next time I take them out I guess. I get some condensation on foggy days.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #17
328IScreamer
6th Gear Member

Mine are sealed with what looks to be black silicone
What does the process involve to change the ring? If I could get a how to I can prob handle it
Old 06-27-2009, 06:08 PM   #18
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Take off the clamps, cut the seal. Take off the front glass portion from the backing. The front will contain the front glass lens plus the 2 inner lenses. Cut the seal from around the inner lenses, pop out the lenses. Cut glue from angel eye holding it to inner lens (but it will be on the outer side of the inner lens). Reglue new angel eye and plug into AE ballast, and reverse everything else.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #19
Steve@ASPTuning
2nd Gear Member

Also be VERY CAREFUL when handling the CCFL because its really really fragile and could snap on you when pulling it out. You probably don't need the old one anymore but still you don't one small shards of glass stuck in your hand.

Steve
ASPTuning
Steve@ASPTuning is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: