Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-24-2009, 10:45 PM   #16
hadesm5
6th Gear Member

you can't please everyone at the same time. we are greedy by nature, so it is impossible to find a system that would make everyone happy.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:05 AM   #17
Miguel
...Delt Smash

lemme fill u all in on the bs you arent privy too. forget about what u read in the papers.

City of Toronto will be on strike 2 weeks to 1 month. Thats about $2K - $4K for every City worker. That will be unrecoverable by ANY percentage wage increase or sick day payout. Any increase they DO get, will just be the city worker wages coming back to them incrementally over the length of their next contract.

Also remember, this is an election year. Miller is seen as soft on unions, and that's unpopular right now. So he has to make a show. And we end up with what we have here... a strike

Finally, here's the best part. The city is almost what? $300 mil in debt? how better to balance the budget then by banking a months salary from 40,000 union members?

The union is in kahoots with the City. Instead of cut backs from management that overspends in order to keep inflated budgets from shrinking, we get a strike every 4 years. Remember that when your kids are swimming in outdoor pools while you sit back and curse these overpaid city workers.

Last edited by Miguel; 06-25-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:51 AM   #18
daytona
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadesm5 View Post
you can't please everyone at the same time. we are greedy by nature, so it is impossible to find a system that would make everyone happy.

what ever happen to Miller "open door policy" where City Hall dealings is known by the public,it seems Miller and his left wing dodo's has a kiss my ass exclusive club for those willing to kneel to the king mentality.What the hell a "landscaper technician" makes $30 and hour or a "waste technican" aka street cleaner makes $24 an hour?.I thought the lazy bums at the Big 3 is overpaid for high school skills I guess I was mistaken.Unions shouldnt be allow to control a city,they shouldnt be above regular working joes.Job for life is damn true when you get a government job,you must really screw up to get fired.Miguel I was thinking the same thing,let the workers sit their fat ass on the streets for two to three weeks,city will save some money THEN Miller will give them everything they want,but the problem the back logged of jobs to d0 and the OT the unions will get some what offsets any major savings.Majority of people hate Miller but the problem is there isnt enough that votes on election day to oust him.

Last edited by daytona; 06-25-2009 at 08:55 AM.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #19
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
what ever happen to Miller "open door policy" where City Hall dealings is known by the public,it seems Miller and his left wing dodo's has a kiss my ass exclusive club for those willing to kneel to the king mentality.What the hell a "landscaper technician" makes $30 and hour or a "waste technican" aka street cleaner makes $24 an hour?.I thought the lazy bums at the Big 3 is overpaid for high school skills I guess I was mistaken.Unions shouldnt be allow to control a city,they shouldnt be above regular working joes.Job for life is damn true when you get a government job,you must really screw up to get fired.

Oh shut the **** up already. Im so tired of hearing the same bullshit rhetoric over and over and over again.

Who the **** is going to work for you, at 9$ an hour, where the **** are you going to find employees that can drive garbage trucks and street cleaners for 9$ an hour and do a good job? Give me a ****ing break. 24$ an hour is alot of ****ing money? Really? For what make belief city are you referring to?

I want to know what your job is.

Every asshole here that keeps talking about everyone else, I want to know what your job is, How much you make, so I can rip you a new asshole about how YOU make to much, and how you should make 9$ an hour so that our whole society can work at McDicks flipping burgers for each other. I mean that seems to be what you idiots want, a society where everyone makes 9$ an hour held by the throat by our employers/

Last edited by sirex; 06-25-2009 at 09:16 AM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:17 AM   #20
2slow2race
6th Gear Member

stupid question, does this affect Mississauga?
have not been following it much.
2slow2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #21
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

i'd like to know what The Miller Group and Waste Management company pay their staff for doing the same thing in York Region. better than City of Toronto staff or less? We get reliable service week after week.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:50 AM   #22
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Just Outsource it like Etobicoke did a few years back.
They saved an initial 1 million dollars a year, and it's up to $2 million per year in savings now.

The unions workers are getting paid too much.
You can find thousands for people willing to work for $22/hr, and not want 18 Sick Days per year bankable at retirement, plus other outrageous perks as part of their contracts.

These Union goons let people drop of garbage when CityTV news cameras are there, but as soon as they leave, they resort to making each person wait 15 minutes.

Unions=Hostage Takes
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:31 AM   #23
daytona
6th Gear Member

Sirex your BS about unions saving the world is worst.I can promise if you contract out jobs service be a lot better.Turtle did out trash removal for a while and they did a fantastic job,they cleaned up everything even some of the loose garbage,when was the last time you a union member go the extra mile to do their job.So your BS about unions changing people life for the better is more chit than the union demands.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #24
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
what ever happen to Miller "open door policy" where City Hall dealings is known by the public,it seems Miller and his left wing dodo's has a kiss my ass exclusive club for those willing to kneel to the king mentality.What the hell a "landscaper technician" makes $30 and hour or a "waste technican" aka street cleaner makes $24 an hour?.I thought the lazy bums at the Big 3 is overpaid for high school skills I guess I was mistaken.Unions shouldnt be allow to control a city,they shouldnt be above regular working joes.
If you knew how bloated management is and the salary they command you wouldn't give a crap about a garbage man swimming in his pool of money (you can fill a pool with $50K a year right?). Its the whole Auto thing all over again... blame the assembly line guy instead of the executives making in the $X00,000 per year WITH benefits, stock options, parachute clauses and bonuses.

Just look at the City's published sunshine list. What, 1% of unionized workers are on that list? It's funny how the unions get beat down in the poll's of public opinion while management is completely ignored.

Quote:
Job for life is damn true when you get a government job,you must really screw up to get fired.Miguel I was thinking the same thing,let the workers sit their fat ass on the streets for two to three weeks,city will save some money THEN Miller will give them everything they want,but the problem the back logged of jobs to d0 and the OT the unions will get some what offsets any major savings.Majority of people hate Miller but the problem is there isnt enough that votes on election day to oust him.
Trust me, no backlog of work will be able to deplete the bank accounts fattened by the City of Toronto striking workers. We are talking millions of dollars here. An extra $15/hr for a week isn't going to put a dent in that.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #25
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Sirex your BS about unions saving the world is worst.I can promise if you contract out jobs service be a lot better.Turtle did out trash removal for a while and they did a fantastic job,they cleaned up everything even some of the loose garbage,when was the last time you a union member go the extra mile to do their job.So your BS about unions changing people life for the better is more chit than the union demands.
You can't generalize about going the extra mile. That's an opinion, not an argument. And what about when they contracted out I&T to MFP? Or the Province with consulting services on eHealth? Or benefits with Manulife?You win some, you lose some. Don't kid yourself with contracted services, everything's always rosy in the first couple of years of a contract, it's the final years or the renegotiation that kills you... basically when you become dependent on a single provider you end up taking it up the ass when it comes time to renew.

Last edited by Miguel; 06-25-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #26
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
how the **** is trash removal not an essential service. Eves FINALLY decided we might need to legislate these ****ers back to work.

I dont give a **** about your collective bargaining aggreement. I'm going to personally start dumping my trash on miller's lawn. As far as i see it, this is his ****ing problem. If its a result of not keeping expectations in check, or of not using discretionary spending appropriately could definatly be debated, but i look at municipalities around toronto, and see how much better local government is ran in, as an example, mississauga, than in toronto.

**** you david miller, i hope you eat shit and die in hell.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #27
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
how the **** is trash removal not an essential service. Eves FINALLY decided we might need to legislate these ****ers back to work.

I dont give a **** about your collective bargaining agreement. I'm going to personally start dumping my trash on miller's lawn. As far as i see it, this is his ****ing problem. If its a result of not keeping expectations in check, or of not using discretionary spending appropriately could definatly be debated, but i look at municipalities around toronto, and see how much better local government is ran in, as an example, mississauga, than in toronto.

C'mon, you really think trash removal is essential compared to EMS, Firefighters and police?

And I agree, this is a result of money mismanagement. The bad part is that they are using union money to put things right again. After all the striking, it's going to be that banked salary money that will straighten out the City budget, make Milller a hero, and get him re-elected.

The City needs unions... so they can balance a budget by putting them on the street. It's like how a factory cuts a 3rd shift or closes down production to save on costs... this is the government version
Old 06-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #28
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
lemme fill u all in on the bs you arent privy too. forget about what u read in the papers.

City of Toronto will be on strike 2 weeks to 1 month. Thats about $2K - $4K for every City worker. That will be unrecoverable by ANY percentage wage increase or sick day payout. Any increase they DO get, will just be the city worker wages coming back to them incrementally over the length of their next contract.

Also remember, this is an election year. Miller is seen as soft on unions, and that's unpopular right now. So he has to make a show. And we end up with what we have here... a strike

Finally, here's the best part. The city is almost what? $300 mil in debt? how better to balance the budget then by banking a months salary from 40,000 union members?

The union is in kahoots with the City. Instead of cut backs from management that overspends in order to keep inflated budgets from shrinking, we get a strike every 4 years. Remember that when your kids are swimming in outdoor pools while you sit back and curse these overpaid city workers.

BANG ON!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post

I dont give a **** about your collective bargaining aggreement. I'm going to personally start dumping my trash on miller's lawn. As far as i see it, this is his ****ing problem. If its a result of not keeping expectations in check, or of not using discretionary spending appropriately could definatly be debated, but i look at municipalities around toronto, and see how much better local government is ran in, as an example, mississauga, than in toronto.

x10000000
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #29
Rice
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
You can't generalize about going the extra mile. That's an opinion, not an argument. And what about when they contracted out I&T to MFP? Or the Province with consulting services on eHealth? Or benefits with Manulife?You win some, you lose some. Don't kid yourself with contracted services, everything's always rosy in the first couple of years of a contract, it's the final years or the renegotiation that kills you... basically when you become dependent on a single provider you end up taking it up the ass when it comes time to renew.
Isn't this the same as the unions? They rape you every couple of years. What's the diff? Seems that union will certainly rape you every couple of years but contractor might or might not
Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:07 PM   #30
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
Isn't this the same as the unions? They rape you every couple of years. What's the diff? Seems that union will certainly rape you every couple of years but contractor might or might not
Really? I believe the current "increase" being negotiated now will save the City something like $200 Mil. in non-sick bank payouts and the proposed increase in wages over the next 3 years is:

year 1 = 0%
year 2 = 0%
year 3 = 1%

granted, for the past 3 years the union did better (as did the rest of the economy). If this strike hits 3 weeks, all the gains of the past 3 years are right back in City bank accounts.

How much of a discount is Turtle Island offering now in the City's "time of financial crisis"?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: