Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-23-2009, 08:41 PM   #46
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadChigga View Post
not a joke brah, even though I'm pretty timmid most of the time, there are times that I'm so filled with anger that I'm willing to act out my thoughts.

They keep saying Canada is a great democracy country, from many levels, I agree, I love it here and I call this country home, I would defend it if necessary, but yet, all these politicians are so useless that at times, it feels like being a Canadian is about being a wuss too, let other toss us around.

The so called Canada and USA count as one when comes to economy, yea sure, we count as one when there's billions of barrels of oil sitting in Alberta, we count as one when there's a war, but why are we paying for so much more than the citizens of USA? are we any less than they are? I don't considered anyone from any country less than I am cause their citizenship. We pay the most taxes in North America in this province, we probably have one of the highest cost of living, we've got winter, we've got to have cars, we pay 13% taxes, the very little joy that most of us enjoy is driving, or that joy requires us to drive somewhere, let it be walk down the beaches, or go the St. Lawrence market, we gotta drive, with the gas price keep going on the rise and the government talking about an election that no one understands the need of it, and watching young people dying in Afghanistan for not much reasons other than helping out our neighbor. I do get angry, I do want to let the anger known, that's what democracy is about.

**** those mother****ers that have no ethics, no morals, I pay my taxes and donate to sick kids hospital, I give out what I can to the homeless even if they take that money and go buy more booze, its about being human, otherwise we are no less than those so call "beasts" that we hear from childhood stories.

So I say **** yea, behead the mother****ers.
I can totally empathize with your thoughts, other then the carrying out violence part'
although historically it seems to affect quicker change then non violence.
but one can argue your replacing one problem with probably just a 'harsher 1'?

but yeah it seems like nobody is even protesting crap these days

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 06-23-2009 at 08:43 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #47
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlash View Post
Just today I was reading an article in the star about this guy who is just flat out pissed at the city. Frankly speaking we need more angst ridden people in this country.

I think a lot of people who have come to this country are just happy to be here. Those who were born here aren't much different. Neither of these 2 groups could care any less outside of living their regular candy coated lives, trying to make a quick buck and getting laid while the gov't and the corporations take full advantage of them. Kind of like being bent over and pretending that nothing's happening.

A few more like you and we'll have a better shot and improving this country.

Gas prices are going up again tomorrow.
I know its like no one really cares much..or they get empassioned but it the 'i don't agree with u stfu' way.

these people ate doing something, something that will get some attention

Quote:
A city councillor says a local taxpayer watchdog that has taken out ads slamming the city is twisting a few facts.

Bay Coun Alex Cullen will table an inquiry during tomorrow's city council meeting that directs staff to a"review a series of allegations being made about City of Ottawa taxes, expenditures and salaries by a self-styled taxpayer advocacy group called the Ottawa Taxpayer Advocacy Group. "

The group is preparing for a bus ad campaign on OC Transpo buses beginning in November.

Last week OTAG issued a news release that stated: “Legal extortion by City Hall? You decide ...”

In the release, the group claims that city property taxes are the highest in the country -- 50% higher than the national average. The group also makes claims the city is over staffed and over paid.

Cullen said OTAG is “playing loose and fast with the facts” and argues a significant portion of Ottawa’s property tax structure is set by the provincial government.

"While the OTAG group is entitled to its views on city finances, it cannot go around twisting facts without being challenged," said Cullen. "Our staffing and compensation costs are comparable to any other major city with our responsibilities and we have the facts to back that up, and the public should know them.”

http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa...3/9902196.html
oh its for november nvrmind
Old 06-24-2009, 06:07 PM   #48
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

What does Ottawa's property taxes have to do with gas prices?

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #49
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
I can totally empathize with your thoughts, other then the carrying out violence part'
although historically it seems to affect quicker change then non violence.
but one can argue your replacing one problem with probably just a 'harsher 1'?

but yeah it seems like nobody is even protesting crap these days
I'm not saying we HAVE to behead someone, but its about our voices being heard, people in Iran risk their lives to be heard, the students in China risked their lives to be heard, and many other nations' did the same.

I know that other countries pay lot more for gas and what not, but they don't rely on automobiles like we do, I remember when I was still in school, it would take me literally, 2hrs one way from my parents house in Missisauga (Erin Mills/Burnhamthorpe) to Sheridan in Brampton if I had taken a bus, so that's 4hrs wasted per day while sitting on the bus + $3-4 per day, so I went and got a job and bought a daily driver, I'm sure 90% people here rely on a car to earn a living, so why is it so unfair for us here in Canada?

I wish everyone can just voice their opinion, on a weekend, everyone just stops driving, we'll just walk out on the road and tell the gas companies,
"QUIT BEING A GREEDY ASSHOLE".
Old 06-25-2009, 05:03 PM   #50
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL View Post
What does Ottawa's property taxes have to do with gas prices?
taxes. a large precentage of our cost at the pump is taxes.
they could lower it, but hey why do that?
hey why not blend the gst & pst so things like Hydro go up 7%
right when shits great & everybody has all that extra money
Old 06-25-2009, 05:59 PM   #51
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Different taxes, different purposes, different payable levels of government - not exactly fully relevant here.

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: