Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #76
europrince
6th Gear Member

No 23 year old living at home should spend 50+ grand on a car. Mature a little, buy a property and move out. Stop playing someone you're not.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:41 AM   #77
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

Dude your 23 years old,

you'll initial cost will be in and around the neighbourhood of 45-55 Grand

then your going to daily drive it??? put aside around 10-15K per year
its a rebranded FERRARI..

ottawa will chew up your maserati in a matter of years.

just to give you a heads up oil changes????

3500KM intervals $635+tax

make sure daddy aproves of you buying a maserati before you buy it
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #78
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz330ci View Post
Since i live at home, thats how i could make this move, saved a lot of the years thanks to the government, also, did my thing when i was younger, once i purchase this car, a year later i can have a house... with half paid off right when i step foot in it. With a bit of help from my girl! Im not a rich person at all! so i can't say i full deserve this car, but its very do-able in my case! I like to hear everyone's opinion! I really do... But basic maintenance im willing to dish out... and if worst comes to worst and something big goes on it, so be it... gotta pay to play, a common saying around here.
You would be better off buying a house then the car. Cars can be huge money pits, having said that so can homes. I had a friend about 20 years ago that purchased a 1986 Lotus Esprit Turbo when he was 24 years of age. He drove the car for almost a full summer then he had a mechanical issue. His repair bill was over $2,500. He had the same mind set as you do "If you want to play you have to pay"
The following year he pulled the car out and barely got it out of the storage. His repair bill was well over $3,000. Middle of the summer he had to go for scheduled maintenance. I can't remember for what however I know the cost was over $1,000. One year of driving his car cost him $6,500, approximately $20,000 today. That same year I bought my first house with a down payment of $6,500.
Twenty years later he still has the Lotus however he has spent well over $100,000 in maintenance. Total investment of ownership including insurance $190,000. I sold my first house 5 years ago for $124,000.My car at that time was a 1984 318Is. He picked up the ladies with the car. I brought the ladies to my house to entertain.
Its nice to have dreams however sometimes you need to wake up. Best of luck.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:53 AM   #79
europrince
6th Gear Member

^ Thanks for that story! A lot of us have made mistakes in our early 20s. If these stories can prevent others from doing the same, they're worth sharing.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:06 PM   #80
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

i'd never buy a house, i plan on building it... I totally understand what you guys are saying, but your missing my point... i could afford it pretty easily. Its just up to me if i want it or not. I could've moved out a while ago, but instead i decided to stack up bread and keep stacking. I dont want to sound cocky, but i have multiple ways of making money! 2 government jobs... so on...

The car would be a daily. but whats really a daily? I dont drive to work i bus. I take 1 bus cause downtown parking is stupid, my boss's bus and they make over 100k a year. So daily would be after work sometimes, cause sometimes i have a 5pm shift right after which lasts till about 7pm (4hrs automatic pay). Weekend driving will be amazing. Seasonal car, i would never drive it in winter! i dont have a closed garage, but for winter i have an amazing spot to store it with no probs. oil changes, i'd def be doing myself, i take pride in my toys! and maintenance, so be it. Like i said, a year after this purchase is a house. selfish act on choosing the car before, but for some reason i want to do it that way.
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #81
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

oh and i'd be selling this car and getting a 03 camry which would be with me till the end, as a winter car and long distance car..... although my girl already has a 2000 camry, i could prob just use hers but i dont want to depend on other ppl.
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #82
theblue
old school US member.

Send a message via AIM to theblue
if you're not making over 100k a year, you can't afford this not matter what you have saved or you say. this thread just continues to get more retarded.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #83
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

Ok im guessing your selling your Beamer to be able to afford the high maintence costs of the maserati. if your doing that. then you simply DONT know what your getting into

dont you think theres other people in canada that make the same amount of money as you and live with there PARENTS still (which i think is an incredible joke being that you want to dive into something that will cost you 70,000 dollars within 3 years
and coming out of it with NOTHING other then a decpreciating asset that will turn into nothing)

Dude buy a house invest your money,
Old 06-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #84
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdalinda View Post
Ok im guessing your selling your Beamer to be able to afford the high maintence costs of the maserati.
no, he said he'd be selling his 330ci to buy a camry for a winter/ long distance trip car.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #85
europrince
6th Gear Member

why not use the camry for a winter/spring/summer/fall/long distance/short distance car
Old 06-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #86
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_M5 View Post
no, he said he'd be selling his 330ci to buy a camry for a winter/ long distance trip car.
why wouldnt he just keep the beamer for his long distance
Old 06-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #87
TNation
Banned

This thread makes me lawl pretty hard hahahaha
Buy a house! Its not even that baller of a car really.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #88
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Buy the maserrati, forget renting house from the bank. Enjoy your money, spend it!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #89
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
Its not even that baller of a car really.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #90
davericher20
black and blue

yikes..............what a nice car.

I personally could not give 2 shits what you do, but since you posted it on the forums asking advice..........here's my 2 cents.

Buy a house first.
Don't be one of those guys.

Buy the house, look at your income/expenses after 6 months.........if you can still afford the car, go for it.

Here's what i did, might not be totally related but you get the idea of logic.
I had to think lonnnggggg and hard last summer when i could have dumped 5k into my bimmer last May and driven it for the season............but then I thought if I already saved this money and continue with it I could have it paid off in september and delay my gratification for another year.

So I did, because I knew if I didn't, yes I would be happy driving my car, but I would be in no better position financially because I still would have owed on it. And that would have ate the shit out of me.
Now it's mine outright, I saved enough to get it on the road and do what I want with it. And I don't have a little voice inside anymore my head telling me I'm stupid.

What's your conscience saying?
Listen to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: