Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-03-2009, 11:54 AM   #16
arek
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz330ci View Post
Arek, I like your idea a lot!!! it is a very reliable and well built car, but if i go for lexus, for some reason, i want the LS430. i wanna feel like an old man.... buttons everywhere, reverse camera, ac seats, EVERYTHING. touch and go with no problems at all....
Can't go wrong with a Lexus!

2005 LS looks dated, I'd take a 7 series! (way better looking car)

Last edited by arek; 06-03-2009 at 11:58 AM.
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:56 AM   #17
arek
3rd Gear Member

The LS460 (newer LS bodystyle) on the other hand...

I'd take the lexus hands down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:57 AM   #18
rodo
6th Gear Member

Quattroporte is fine for a daily driver. My friend's dad drives his as such, and even in the winter with snow tires. The interior is nice, the sound is intoxicating, etc. The only complaint I have is the nav system, it's sub-par.

2010 Expedition

Objects in mirror are farther than they appear Only in a BMW

rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #19
arek
3rd Gear Member

Then again, if we are talking that much coin.. I'd take the Mercedes CLS now...... that is baller.. the 7 series and ls can take a seat!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #20
rodo
6th Gear Member

cls is more sporty than a 7 and LS. The S class would compete against those. I'd rather have a QP than a CLS.

2010 Expedition

Old 06-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #21
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
Quattroporte is fine for a daily driver. My friend's dad drives his as such, and even in the winter with snow tires. The interior is nice, the sound is intoxicating, etc. The only complaint I have is the nav system, it's sub-par.
Does your friends dad take it to the shop often?
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #22
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
cls is more sporty than a 7 and LS. The S class would compete against those. I'd rather have a QP than a CLS.
I'd take the QP instead also... The QP is just way different and i personally think i could maintain it pretty easily! I would baby the thing!

straight up, its either that or a 05 LS430 Ultra package. The lexo is more realistic, but i want the QP forever, id prob never sell it.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #23
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

get the jaguar XF!!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #24
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

for some strange reason, i want to stay away from bmw and mercedez luxury cars!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #25
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Liso View Post
get the jaguar XF!!!!
never really considered it, although they look sooooo executive! Their very appealing cars! i just dont like their rep!
Old 06-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #26
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

quattoporte... been watching Entourage much lol?
I'd go for the Maserati because it's less common than the MB's an the BMW 7 series.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #27
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_M5 View Post
quattoporte... been watching Entourage much lol?
I'd go for the Maserati because it's less common than the MB's an the BMW 7 series.
Finally some support!

Havnt watched Entourage once! but sounds like a good show lol

Maserati cause its rarity, and prestine stye...... If the dollar goes to par, it will be backed up in my lane way, kinda like this one!

http://image.europeancarweb.com/f/90...nt_quarter.jpg
Old 06-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #28
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Your problem won't be oil changes.....it will be parts.

Even getting a light bulb might have to be ordered. I remember it wasn't a standard bulb when i tried to change one, dealer wouldn't sell it, just wanted the customer to bring the car in.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #29
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

dealer would sell a light bulb! if not, replace it with a LED one off ebay, just measure it and purchase it.

Parts i got a guy that can get them at wholesale. I got cousins in europe also that have connects if shit hits the fan..... But would hope nothing significant goes on it.

I dunno man, im liking the sounds of this car and its been on my mind for a while, i just wanted to see what some people are thinking. drop 40 grand and get one of these from the states... some ppl spend 40grand here in canada on top of the line accords and camry's after taxes.. or better examples, caddilacs.

im willing to trouble myself in maintenance and hunt for parts and connects to drive an amazing car like that. + if i do this purchase now since i live at home, get it out of the way, i dont need another car for a reaaaaaaaaally long time! id baby and keep it forever!
Old 06-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #30
rodo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz330ci View Post
dealer would sell a light bulb! if not, replace it with a LED one off ebay, just measure it and purchase it.

Parts i got a guy that can get them at wholesale. I got cousins in europe also that have connects if shit hits the fan..... But would hope nothing significant goes on it.

I dunno man, im liking the sounds of this car and its been on my mind for a while, i just wanted to see what some people are thinking. drop 40 grand and get one of these from the states... some ppl spend 40grand here in canada on top of the line accords and camry's after taxes.. or better examples, caddilacs.

im willing to trouble myself in maintenance and hunt for parts and connects to drive an amazing car like that. + if i do this purchase now since i live at home, get it out of the way, i dont need another car for a reaaaaaaaaally long time! id baby and keep it forever!

That's the wrong attitude, and if you're going to skimp out on maintenance then just forget it. It's most likely going to cost a lot of money to maintain and if you're worried about being able to afford that then forget it, you won't enjoy the ownership. At 40k you're probably going to get an older/higher mileage example which will most likely require more upkeep. Sounds like it's not a realistic option.

Initial investment is not the main concern, but it looks like that's all your emphasizing. A friend of mine bought a ferrari 308 for 21k in the states, cheap right? Well I'm sure it costs more than a pretty penny to maintain.

2010 Expedition

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: