Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > BMW News
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
dbworld4k
Addict

Exclusive 2010 M3 Edition Model revealed

Pics here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267581

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/press...tem=node__2248

BMW is releasing a new version of their popular M3. The BMW M3 Edition Models will be available beginning this summer with several cosmetic changes, special wheels, and a dropped suspension.

The BMW M3 Edition Models will be available worldwide beginning in July 2009. The new edition will only be sold for six months!

Munich. Powerful, aesthetic design, supreme performance and exclusive style - the unique characteristics of the BMW M3 are now available in highly attractive Edition Models focusing on the most outstanding highlights of these outstanding cars.

Based on the BMW M3 Coupé, the M3 Edition Models offer a choice of no less than four highly individual cars boasting perfectly harmonised modifications in body design and interior features as well as special light-alloy wheels and an even lower chassis.

The BMW M3 Edition Models will be entering the market worldwide in July 2009 in Alpine White, Black, Dakar Yellow, and Monte Carlo Blue. In the interest of supreme exclusivity their production period is limited to just six months.
Individual highlights both outside and inside.

On the BMW M3 Edition Models the exterior paintwork and interior design are individually matched to one another. Depending on the respective Edition model, the body comes either in Alpine White Non-Metallic, Black Non-Metallic, Dakar Yellow Non-Metallic or Monte Carlo Blue Metallic. The combination with BMW Individual High-Gloss Satin Chrome accentuates the truly sophisticated character of the Edition Models.

The openings on the engine compartment lid on all models are finished in black, the BMW kidney grille, the side gills and the dual tailpipes on the exhaust system come in dark eloxy-plated chrome. The caps on the special BMW M exterior mirrors are likewise finished in black and are connected to the A-pillars by dual arms extending out of the mirror base finished in body colour.

Special colour highlights add an individual touch also to the interior of the BMW M3 Edition Models. The surfaces on the centre armrest, the centre console and the armrests on the door panels are finished in White on the Alpine White and Black models. At the same time these Edition Models come with interior trim in Carbon Structure Leather with white contrasting seams. The seats in Black Novillo Leather feature bespoke contrasting seams as well as vertical trim stripes on the upper section of the backrest and at the front of the legrest. On the Alpine White and Black models, these features come in white, on the Dakar Yellow and Monte Carlo Blue models they are in the appropriate exterior colour.

As a further feature the armrests and door closing handles at the inside on the Dakar Yellow and Monte Carlo Blue models come with yellow and, respectively, blue contrasting seams. And last but certainly not least, entry trim bars in Checkered Flag Design bearing the "M3" model designation give all Edition Models yet another highlight.

Special rim design and lowered suspension.
To optimise the looks of the car, all four Edition Models come with specially designed light-alloy rims and a unique suspension: On all models the 19-inch forged M light-alloy rims in double-spoke design are available either in black or in the classic rim colour. And on the Alpine White, Black and Monte Carlo Blue models, the same rims are also available in a special white contrasting colour with polished spokes.

The suspension of the BMW M3 Edition Models adds to the sporting style of the cars, lowering the entire body by 10 millimetres or 0.4".

BMW M3: supreme performance with eight cylinders and seven gears.
The BMW M3 Edition Models give this high-performance athlete a particularly striking look also reflected by the car's supreme driving dynamics based on a unique all-round concept and drivetrain/suspension technology inspired by motorsport. The V8 high-speed power unit of the BMW M3 develops maximum output of 309 kW/420 hp from 4.0 litres.

Power is transmitted to the rear wheels either through the six-speed manual gearbox featured as standard or through the optional M double-clutch gearbox with Drivelogic enhancing both the dynamic performance and the all-round efficiency of the BMW M3 all in one. In this case acceleration to 100 km/h comes in 4.6 seconds (six-speed manual: 4.8 seconds) and average fuel consumption in the EU test cycle is 11.9 litres/23.7 mpg imp (six-speed manual: 12.4 litres/22.8 mpg imp)/100 kilometres.

The BMW M3 comes as standard with a lightweight carbon roof, while the options include Electronic Damper Control and the M Drive menu enabling the driver to configure individual, M-specific suspension and drivetrain functions just right for his personal style.

Imola Red / Imola Red ///M5
E60 SSK, Dice iPod, GT Exhaust
BCR Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Daytona Race, Michelin PSS

335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
H&R Sport, CF diffuser, BMW Performance SSK

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
Gamite

Hehehe, dark chrome. I beat bmw to it.

Jay, you better start saving for that Dakar one.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:56 PM   #3
JunzieB
Wants more powaaa!

Nice, now if only my money tree would start to bear fruit I'd put in an order for one.

Quote:
Disclaimer:The opinions expressed by JunzieB is his alone and does not reflect the opinions of Maxbimmer or any members thereof. JunzieB is not responsible for any hurt feelings that may develop during the reading of his posts.
JunzieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:29 PM   #4
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite View Post
Hehehe, dark chrome. I beat bmw to it.

Jay, you better start saving for that Dakar one.
Haha, my thoughs exactly!! (On both the dark chrome and Dakar).

Imola Red / Imola Red ///M5
E60 SSK, Dice iPod, GT Exhaust
BCR Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Daytona Race, Michelin PSS

335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
H&R Sport, CF diffuser, BMW Performance SSK

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

they better introduce CSL M3 with no rear seats, light ETC.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:44 AM   #6
xlash
Still learning....

A special edition for a bench mark sports car for which the only performance enhancement is a mild suspension tweak?!?!?! Epic phail in progress.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:37 AM   #7
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlash View Post
A special edition for a bench mark sports car for which the only performance enhancement is a mild suspension tweak?!?!?! Epic phail in progress.
Welcome to BMW ///Marketing power.
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:05 AM   #8
REXPWR
3rd Gear Member

this has got to be the stupidest idea i have herd in a long time lol..ludicris upgrades for and upped price tag? you kidding me? lol
REXPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #9
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally Posted by REXPWR View Post
this has got to be the stupidest idea i have herd in a long time lol..ludicris upgrades for and upped price tag? you kidding me? lol
it does draw the unique buyer into the market, there are too many rich people out there that would pay extra just to have a slightly different version of a car, Bugatti did it with the Veyron, Mercedes did it with their E-Class & CLK, they have a Louis Vuitton model, and the IWC SL63 AMG.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #10
saix
rawr

Send a message via AIM to saix
They ditch the CSL and do this so more deuschbags would buy the m3...Why don't they just come with matching sunglasses and hair gel?
saix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:07 PM   #11
nomeam
2nd Gear Member

guaranteed a couple parked in yorkville on fri/sat night
nomeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:29 PM   #12
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

had the slight drop been a a much more agressive drop I would be more interested

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #13
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Excited about the interior on the Dakar one. Hell, the exterior too.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #14
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

I just realized this probably means the M3 won't get the 'facelift treatment' since the regular e92 bodystyle is due for a refresh in 2010....
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:36 AM   #15
Gamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Understated View Post
I just realized this probably means the M3 won't get the 'facelift treatment' since the regular e92 bodystyle is due for a refresh in 2010....
It may be like the E46, and only get slight updates, but I don't see why they can't just refresh it a year after.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: